dkrivosheyev

Attending the interview with your fiancee

30 posts in this topic

Did anyone try to attend the interview with your fiancee? I know it says on the Moscow website that no one is allowed to the interview, is it actually true? I know some other embassies allow USC to attend. Did anyone personally check this out for Moscow?

Thank you,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Did anyone try to attend the interview with your fiancee? I know it says on the Moscow website that no one is allowed to the interview, is it actually true? I know some other embassies allow USC to attend. Did anyone personally check this out for Moscow?

Thank you,

It is definately true. You have to wait outside. There is a decent cafe down the street while you wait. Usually they finish up between 10 and 12 depending on her order.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Thank you,

It is definately true. You have to wait outside. There is a decent cafe down the street while you wait. Usually they finish up between 10 and 12 depending on her order.

They won't let a USC wait in the embassy???? :o That isn't right :angry: they have to allow the USC in the embassy.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I know some other embassies allow USC to attend. Did anyone personally check this out for Moscow?
I tried, but the guard won't let you in without an invitation / appointment. I even tried asking for one in advance by email, I got a "no" reply from consulMo@state.gov

They won't let a USC wait in the embassy? :o That isn't right :angry: they have to allow the USC in the embassy.
I don't know about the "have to" part, but yes, they do let you into the US Citizens side of the embassy on the other end of it. But it's only open between 9am to 12:00pm and again from 2pm to 4pm. So yes, they won't let you in until 9am, and the Russian citizens are allowed in some time before 8am, can't say how early, because we came 15 minutes late :P. Honestly it was worth it, she went ahead of the line.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/acs.p...rd_id=hlocation

I know some other embassies allow USC to attend. Did anyone personally check this out for Moscow?
I tried, but the guard won't let you in without an invitation / appointment. I even tried asking for one in advance by email, I got a "no" reply from consulMo@state.gov

They won't let a USC wait in the embassy? :o That isn't right :angry: they have to allow the USC in the embassy.
I don't know about the "have to" part, but yes, they do let you into the US Citizens side of the embassy on the other end of it. But it's only open between 9am to 12:00pm and again from 2pm to 4pm. So yes, they won't let you in until 9am, and the Russian citizens are allowed in some time before 8am, can't say how early, because we came 15 minutes late :P . Honestly it was worth it, she went ahead of the line.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/acs.p...rd_id=hlocation

The embassy is considered American soil and they can't deny a USC entrance. My friend had a real pissing contest with the guard at the embassy in Manila and was finally let in.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

It says on the website that you can't go inside. I would have liked to go in, but I wasn't going to argue with anyone about it :) We got there really early and he was one of the first people inside, and we stood there in line together until they let him go in, I slept in the car for a while, then I just walked around, and found a cafe that was somewhere near the zoo... So there are definitely places to wait, if you walk around a little. Our interview was August 23 so the weather was luckily still very warm then.

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Timeline

I would imagine you can go in the embassy but not the part where the interviews are conducted. I think to go in you probably would have to have some business there. I am sure if you lose your passport you could go in the other part and take care of that while she is having her interview. The oval office is american soil too but I don't think you will get in there either.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I couldn't get in last week. There is no convenient place to sit nearby. There are decent cafes and coffee shops nearby. The guards are not particularly friendly toward Americans hanging around the visa line -- and it did not feel at all like I was anywhere close to US territory.

Moscow is different from other posts.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

The embassy is considered American soil and they can't deny a USC entrance. My friend had a real pissing contest with the guard at the embassy in Manila and was finally let in.

You guys have seen too many movies. Of course, the embassy is where you can go to seek refuge in a foreign country if you're under duress. However, to just "hang out" while they're conducting their official business, paying taxes alone doesn't give you that right.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

No, you can not go to the interview. You can enter the Embassy as you are a citizen, but you can't attend the interview. My belief is it's done to keep things under their control and one on one. Probably a long time ago, they did allow it and some overly anxious man starting coaching his fiancée wih answers and they didn't want that. They want to hear your fiancée's replies without you being able to clue her.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline
They want to hear your fiancé's replies without you being able to clue her.
Agree, but simply put because Russia is a high fraud country for marriage with foreigners this is a method of weeding out the really bad cases.

They want to hear your fiancé's replies without you being able to clue her.
Agree, but simply put because Russia is a high fraud country for marriage with foreigners this is a method of weeding out the really bad cases.

Is Russia still a high fraud country? I understand it was five years ago, but now it's a lot different...

Timeline
Is Russia still a high fraud country? I understand it was five years ago, but now it's a lot different...
What makes you think marriage fraud is no longer a problem from that part of the world? I might be wrong on this, but there seems to be a direct correlation between how many international marriage broker websites a country is associated with and how much fraud there is. Not too many websites with German, Australian, Canadian. French, and British gals dying to find a US man and wanting to the move the US.

If you meant fraud in general, there is still plenty of corruption from scales at the bazaar, racket in foreign cars, and of course the high end at the government level.

Timeline
I might be wrong on this, but there seems to be a direct correlation between how many international marriage broker websites a country is associated with and how much fraud there is.

I for one don't understand the mentality of people who post their profiles on a marriage brokerage site. I mean, come on, if a woman (or a man) explicitly states that she/he wants to marry a foreigner, isn't it obvious that this has nothing (or very little) to do with looking for love? :blink: (gee, hope I didn't start anything bad on here...)

I'd say there's a lot less fraud in Russia now than 10 years ago though. I think Sat just doesn't like Russia that much :P

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.