Epiphany

FULL disclosure of Manila interview

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wonderful pinay is here with me now and I feel safe to give ALL the information about the interview.

As you remember I was afraid to disclose the entire interview only stating that it did not go well. I wanted to wait until she had her visa and we were in the USA.

I still feel that had I not been there for her she would have surely been put on AR or declined. Thats just a gut feeling and my opinion. Take it for what it is.

The interview was with a young man named Jay. He was in his mid twenties if I had to guess. We were sitting near his interview room and I watched with my own eyes and heard with my own ears as he grilled 2 woman (alone with NO man) without end seemingly. He was very rough on them. He kept asking the same questions over and over. I could not hear the questions but I could hear the girls become more and more shaken as they answered the same question over and over. The last girl kept stating her case but he would just ask again another way. She would answer with the same question as before. The girl before us was in the interview near 30 minutes. I felt real pity for her. I prayed we did not get this person. My prayers went unanswered as I saw our number come up with his room number.

We went in and he immediately swore us in and started in on my girl. He rapid fired questions at her. Her English is not very good and I told her she could not look at me for the answer. Right away he noticed something on one forms that asked "do you have relatives living in the USA"? Some how in the 6x we checked the paperwork we missed it. My gal does have a sister who is a citizen living in the USA. He had asked her if she had relatives living here and she said yes but the paperwork stated no. He got very hostile and threw the paperwork to the side and said " So this is a lie, is everything here on these forms a lie? Did you tell the truth about anything? I was shocked and completely blindsided by this and my gal was shaking with fear. She knew he was being mean to her and how much this interview meant to both of us. His next question had her choking up and she was stumbling with her answers. The speaker system was not operating in the room and it was noisy outside making it very difficult to hear his questions. He just kept rapidly asking her questions even though she was shaking and having a difficult time.

He finally realized he had her completely flustered and started in on me. I was glad to have him badger me for a change. I make my living dealing with difficult problems and felt nothing but confidence answering his quick paced questions.

I stopped him as he turned to me and stated that the speaker system was not working and it was very difficult to hear his questions. I also advised him that my gal does not speak English very well and that I was tutoring her 2 hours every night with skype to help her English improve. I then stated that the incorrectly answered question was an honest mistake as we had checked the paperwork numerous times and just missed it. I told him we were not trying to deceive him.

At that point after listening to me he backed off and became friendly. I reached over and held my gals hands and told him this entire process had been daunting and we were stressed over it. I told him how much I loved her and missed her. I stated all I wanted was for her to come and live with me in the USA. He smiled at that and asked me a few simple questions. I answered them and that was that. Before the interview I gave the pre-screen the written request for visa pickup along with our airline tickets.

As Jay was finishing up I asked if we were approved would he please allow us to pickup the visa. He reached for a purple ticket. Not knowing what the heck purple meant I asked if we were approved to which he relied "Yes".

We left his office and went to final checkout. We were advised to wait for the "Phone call".

By the way the girl before us was at the checkout fighting with the person asking why she was on AR.

So thats it......

Good luck to those who are still in the game. My gal is here and we just got back from a 3 day camping trip to Yosemite. She loved it and I love her.

Congratulations that your girl is finally there, safe in your arms. To be very honest, your story gave me misty eyes because your girl didnt deserve to be treated that way. Sometimes people who know they have the "power" to approve or disapprove can be so arrogant and inconsiderate. For you being there was the best decision .

I consider myself very lucky to have a very nice gentleman in Rm 30 who interviewed me. But hey, she is there now, and thats the most important thing of all :) Goodluck on the next journey.

Myla

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Thanks for the recap!

You and your lady are a PRIME example of why the petitioner should attend the interview at USEM.

I've seen a LOT of petitioners kicking themselves in the puwit after their ladies were denied or placed on AR and reealized they should have been there.

Jay sounds like a real piece of art [asz]. I've heard USEM has been training new COs. Sounds like he may be one of them and hopefully will be weeded out!

Good work bro!

Aloha.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

congratulations and best wishes

after going through a very similar experience at my AOS interview in 06, to then be arrested ,detained and deported, my heart goes out to anyone who has been bullied and mistreated by these arrogant,uneducated zealots.

all the more reason for comprehensive immigration reform

it is way past time that adjudicators realise that what they are dealing with is not just files and applications, it is in fact, our lives, and those of our USC loved ones

Im not a vindictive individual,but i pray, that people like Jay, and the adjudicator who tore my family apart, are one day made to suffer the same hardships they place upon us

it is the only way that they will ever learn the meaning of compassion,understanding, and the need for equal and fair treatment

thanks for sharing what really happened, gives us a lesson

Congratulations, may you enjoy your new life together

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I think I was also interviewed by this young CO Jay. He just asked me two easy questions and that was it. :dancing: :joy:

Btw my guy wasn't there but maybe I was just lucky and blessed to finally got my visa.

Thank you for sharing your story... I'm sure there will be lessons learned from this especially for those who are about to go through this. Reading your post transported me back when I had my interview. The CO at Room #44 that day was the "terror CO". All the applicants he interviewed were all shakened and flustered so I had prayed that I won't be face-to-face with him. As my turn drew closer, I was already shaking inside and out and I had to do a little mind game just to make sure I won't be mentally-blocked once I'm being "grilled". I was second to the last applicant that was interviewed and there it was... my number flashing at #44. As I was waiting outside his door while he's interviewing one girl, I overheard the conversation and he was asking questions, which I thought were all the same (but rephrased). And then came my turn and by that time, I have called all the saints and angels and have recited all the prayers. I thought my prayers weren't answered because I was there in the same "chamber" (Rm44), face to face with the same terror CO, BUT the tension and pressure vanished when he made fun of me before he interviewed me. And yes, he fired me with tricky questions, only in a lighter manner. And that time, I felt I was in a Ms. Universe beauty pageant when he finally asked me the question "What is your fiance's favorite color?" :whistle:

--Mae

P.S.

Come to think of it... :unsure: Has anyone here had to be there at USEM for more than 9 hours during the interview? I was there at 5:30 in the morning and it was past 3:00 in the afternoon when I stepped out of the building. They were already closing all the windows and cleaning the premises by the time I paid for DELBROS... :huh:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you for sharing your story... I'm sure there will be lessons learned from this especially for those who are about to go through this. Reading your post transported me back when I had my interview. The CO at Room #44 that day was the "terror CO". All the applicants he interviewed were all shakened and flustered so I had prayed that I won't be face-to-face with him. As my turn drew closer, I was already shaking inside and out and I had to do a little mind game just to make sure I won't be mentally-blocked once I'm being "grilled". I was second to the last applicant that was interviewed and there it was... my number flashing at #44. As I was waiting outside his door while he's interviewing one girl, I overheard the conversation and he was asking questions, which I thought were all the same (but rephrased). And then came my turn and by that time, I have called all the saints and angels and have recited all the prayers. I thought my prayers weren't answered because I was there in the same "chamber" (Rm44), face to face with the same terror CO, BUT the tension and pressure vanished when he made fun of me before he interviewed me. And yes, he fired me with tricky questions, only in a lighter manner. And that time, I felt I was in a Ms. Universe beauty pageant when he finally asked me the question "What is your fiance's favorite color?" :whistle:

--Mae

P.S.

Come to think of it... :unsure: Has anyone here had to be there at USEM for more than 9 hours during the interview? I was there at 5:30 in the morning and it was past 3:00 in the afternoon when I stepped out of the building. They were already closing all the windows and cleaning the premises by the time I paid for DELBROS... :huh:

I arrived at 6:00am for my 7:30am appt. (I didn't finish until 2:30pm) and CO Jay only asked me 1 easy and 1 silly questions:

1.) What is his job?

2.) What is his favorite color? I gladly replied Blue :lol:

That was it and then he wished me a happy married life in US of A.

Thanks for sharing your interview story. It is always nice to have the fiance/spouse be there during the interview.

thblkgreetings3.gif... start packing and prepare for the CFO when you get the visa and have a safe trip home (USA).

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW! I GOT REALLY TEARY AND HURT BUT EVENTUALLY HAPPY WHEN I READ THAT U BOTH DID IT!!!! WEEEE HAVE A HAPPY MARRIAGE LIFE! I WISH MY FIANCE COULD COME WITH ME TO THE INTERVIEW TOO BUT IM AFRAID HE COULDNT MAKE IT. :(

mami and dada's little baba...

dev238pp___.png

WOW! I GOT REALLY TEARY AND HURT BUT EVENTUALLY HAPPY WHEN I READ THAT U BOTH DID IT!!!! WEEEE HAVE A HAPPY MARRIAGE LIFE! I WISH MY FIANCE COULD COME WITH ME TO THE INTERVIEW TOO BUT IM AFRAID HE COULDNT MAKE IT. :(

dont be afraid confidence is all we need.......

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

dont be afraid confidence is all we need.......

I completely agree with skyblue06! Be positive and confident and of course faith!

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
thanks for sharing what really happened, gives us a lesson

Congratulations, may you enjoy your new life together

Hello Sky Blue,

Can i ask you already have your medical exam? can i ask ur experience? about the 156 form i fill up it online with a barcode on it but only until sept 30 do i need to fill it up again? then for 157 form validated in the bank they just validate blank sheet of form 157 and i also fill up online is it ok if i will just attach it?

Hope to hear from you and your interview will be oct. 4 also? where you gonna stay?

I will be going to manila early am tomorrow to have an early medical exam hope it is ok..

Hope to hear from you and God bless always

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.