Chuckles

Money transfer from Russia to USA

40 posts in this topic

looks like you still happy together:)

Americans always "look" happy. We're also always concerned with you - "Good morning. How are you today?" And so on. Politeness. It's all part of the facade that must be present to convince others we're living "the American Dream." (Which does include the money tree in the back yard of your house in the suburbs with the white picket fence.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
looks like you still happy together:)

Americans always "look" happy. We're also always concerned with you - "Good morning. How are you today?" And so on. Politeness. It's all part of the facade that must be present to convince others we're living "the American Dream." (Which does include the money tree in the back yard of your house in the suburbs with the white picket fence.)

Funny Brad. The Americans I know are happy and it is not a facade. "Always" is not true, not is is everyone. Maybe what you say is just about you darling. The happy person is content with herself and is not concerned with somebody's idea about an American dream. Being polite is a virtue, being a gentleman is a virtue and in my opinion is nothing to do with tricking anyone into thinking something about you that isn't true. When I say "hi" to someone it is just a greeting, an acknowledgement of shared humanity, that's all, nothing else behind it. Of course, beware the con-man, but I can't live life thinking everyone is really unhappy and is only pretending to be nice. People are good.

Where can one get one of those money trees you mentioned? ;)

Natalia

Dwayne (Denver, CO - USA) / Natalia (Mendeleevsk, Tatarstan, Russia)

July, 2003 - Met online

March 5 - March 17, 2004 - Spent 2 AWESOME weeks together in the Dominican Republic

May 1st, 2004 - I-129F to Nebraska - Sent Registed Mail

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

May 12, 2004 - Received NOA #1 in mail

NOA #2 - August 10th - Approved - 96 days

August 11, 2004 - Received NOA #2 Notice via email

August 26th, 2004 - Petition arrives at NVC and case number assigned - 112 days

August 27th, 2004 - Received tourist visa from Russian consulate for visit ...

August 30th, 2004 - NOA2 arrives in mailbox

September 9th - 16th, 2004 - Visited Natalia for a week vacation in Moscow!!!! - Awesome time!

September 13th, 2004 - Successful Medical Exam in Moscow - have sealed envelope and X-Rays

September 15th, 2004 - NVC sent off to Moscow

September 23rd, 2004 - Interview date granted

October 4th, 2004 - Received Packet 3/4 from Moscow

November 10th, 2004 - Interview Moscow !!!! - 188 days

November 10th, 2004 - Interview Success !!!!

November 15th, 2004 - K-1 Visa in Hand!!!

November 20th, 2004 - Flight to USA on Aeroflot - JFK POE - 198 days!!!!

November 20th, 2004 - At home in Denver, Colorado, USA

December 10th, 2004 - Married !!!!!

AOS

February 15th, 2005 - NOA

March 14th, 2005 - Recieved NOA in mail

March 15th, 2005 - Fingerprint appointment made in Denver

May 27th, 2005 - AOS Interview - Approved!!!

Funny Brad. The Americans I know are happy and it is not a facade. "Always" is not true, not is is everyone. Maybe what you say is just about you darling. The happy person is content with herself and is not concerned with somebody's idea about an American dream. Being polite is a virtue, being a gentleman is a virtue and in my opinion is nothing to do with tricking anyone into thinking something about you that isn't true. When I say "hi" to someone it is just a greeting, an acknowledgement of shared humanity, that's all, nothing else behind it. Of course, beware the con-man, but I can't live life thinking everyone is really unhappy and is only pretending to be nice. People are good.

Natalia

You have to remember, you have a biased opinion because you really are happy! There are people out there, a lot more than are willing to admit it, that have a lot of problems and issues that make them unhappy..... yet they smile in all of their pictures! Walk into any American home and you will see a family photo of mom and dad with the kids, maybe even the poodle, and everyone has $#!T-eatin' grins on their faces. Yet they hate each other! Kids fight, mom cheats on dad, dad beats mom, etc., etc., etc. But they're smiling! Because they're H-A-P-P-Y!!!!

Another thing to remember is most Americans are in debt up to their eyeballs because they have to live this life of "showing off what they're worth" to go along with their happiness. "Not only are we happy... but we live in this huge house and have this really nice car. Every year we take vacation to Hawaii and have a huge Christmas together because we all love each other so much." But, just like the family portrait, it's only an illusion of happiness .

You know what it's like to live in a small apartment with almost no furniture and nothing extra.... but to be together and be completely happy. For me, that's my American Dream. To be happy with what we have and with whom we can share it.

When most people put all that effort into getting that big house and nice cars and then realize there's no money tree in the back yard, their American Dream is shattered because they've sacrificed being happy along the way in pursuit of the Dream. Living happily is what makes the Dream come true, not achieving the Dream and then trying to live happily ever after.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Natalia

You have to remember, you have a biased opinion because you really are happy! There are people out there, a lot more than are willing to admit it, that have a lot of problems and issues that make them unhappy..... yet they smile in all of their pictures! Walk into any American home and you will see a family photo of mom and dad with the kids, maybe even the poodle, and everyone has $#!T-eatin' grins on their faces. Yet they hate each other! Kids fight, mom cheats on dad, dad beats mom, etc., etc., etc. But they're smiling! Because they're H-A-P-P-Y!!!!

Another thing to remember is most Americans are in debt up to their eyeballs because they have to live this life of "showing off what they're worth" to go along with their happiness. "Not only are we happy... but we live in this huge house and have this really nice car. Every year we take vacation to Hawaii and have a huge Christmas together because we all love each other so much." But, just like the family portrait, it's only an illusion of happiness .

You know what it's like to live in a small apartment with almost no furniture and nothing extra.... but to be together and be completely happy. For me, that's my American Dream. To be happy with what we have and with whom we can share it.

When most people put all that effort into getting that big house and nice cars and then realize there's no money tree in the back yard, their American Dream is shattered because they've sacrificed being happy along the way in pursuit of the Dream. Living happily is what makes the Dream come true, not achieving the Dream and then trying to live happily ever after.

Life without dreams of a better life is not much of a life in my opinion. I happen to know you and your wife, so I know you are happy and you know that I am too. But I also know there are people like the one's you write about. I just believe that people are proud of their families even if they disagree with each other and fight sometimes. All families do that, even Russian ones. All people aren't living a con. We smile in our photos because we are happy to share the moment with each other. I understand your point of view, I just don't have to agree.

Мир,

Natalia

July, 2003 - Met online

March 5 - March 17, 2004 - Spent 2 AWESOME weeks together in the Dominican Republic

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

September 9th - 16th, 2004 - Visited Natalia for a week vacation in Moscow!!!! - Awesome time!

September 13th, 2004 - Successful Medical Exam in Moscow - have sealed envelope and X-Rays

AOS

Timeline

Natalia

By the way ... just because I'm happy does not mean my opinions are any more biased than yours. Even though I am a woman, I CAN think rationally when compared to the male mind. What makes your opinion less biased? You are NOT happy? You are a man? You are able to know how all people think? If you were not happy then your opinion is biased the other direction. :P

July, 2003 - Met online

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

AOS

By the way ... just because I'm happy does not mean my opinions are any more biased than yours. Even though I am a woman, I CAN think rationally when compared to the male mind. What makes your opinion less biased? You are NOT happy? You are a man? You are able to know how all people think? If you were not happy then your opinion is biased the other direction. :P

:thumbs: Also true. I wasn't saying anything about bias because of being a man/woman, only that your oppinion is biased because you are happy. I guess mine could be biased as well, but I have the family that smiles in pictures because they have to - mom and dad... not me and the wife - so I also know the other side and know there are a lot of American families that live this way.

You have to keep in mind, all of us on this forum (and VJ as a whole) have gone through a pretty unique process of mate selection. I don't know if the success rate is higher for international marriages, but I would reckon that going through all the BS of the immigration process would make couples a little more likely to stick together. And, just about all of us on here are a little bit more on the romantic side due to the waiting, longing, perservering of the VJ process. That makes our smiles more genuine!

Русский форум член.

Timeline
You have to keep in mind, all of us on this forum (and VJ as a whole) have gone through a pretty unique process of mate selection. I don't know if the success rate is higher for international marriages, but I would reckon that going through all the BS of the immigration process would make couples a little more likely to stick together. And, just about all of us on here are a little bit more on the romantic side due to the waiting, longing, perservering of the VJ process. That makes our smiles more genuine!

I most certainly agree with you slim ... very unique. And I know your smile is genuine, I know your wife :)

Natalia

July, 2003 - Met online

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

AOS

I most certainly agree with you slim ... very unique. And I know your smile is genuine, I know your wife :)

Natalia

I'm reminded of this every day. (She tells me.)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Natalia

I'm reminded of this every day. (She tells me.)

Awww ... so sweet. See you soon? :yes:

Natalia

July, 2003 - Met online

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

AOS

Money tree got it, house in the suburbs nope, white picket fence, not a chance Im not painting that thing every year. My wife and I have had many discussions about money mostly because with the baby we have less than we had before. She tells me to ask my boss for a raise, I tell her I can only do that when I have my review in a few months. I think for the most part that my wife sees how much more stuff is available and sees other people with nicer things that she doesnt understand(although I have tried to explain) that these people dont have more money than us just more debt. I would rather live a little thin now and get out from under all of the debt than spend all of my money now, loose the rest of my hair and my sanity later on. When I finally started showing her all the money coming in and going out it was like she woke up from a dream and realized that not everyone in the US has all the money they could ever want and life is still a struggle just like in Russia the only benefit is we are together working towards one goal our happiness. Now if we could just get the kid to sleep some more we wouldnt look so bad all the time hehhe

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

I haven't tried the relation to "they don't have more stuff..... just more debt." Maybe that'll work here too. I doubt it though. We're still going to win the lottery soon.

Русский форум член.

No, seriously .... any other options for transfers? so far two banks and their conditions were named (thank you!!!)...

Has anybody tried branches of western banks? HSBC just opned in Moscow (presumably with full services)...

Also, does anybody knows if money transfer amounts are limited? Like US customs allows one to bring only 10K tax free...

Thanks!!!

obender

Timeline
No, seriously .... any other options for transfers? so far two banks and their conditions were named (thank you!!!)...

Has anybody tried branches of western banks? HSBC just opned in Moscow (presumably with full services)...

Also, does anybody knows if money transfer amounts are limited? Like US customs allows one to bring only 10K tax free...

Thanks!!!

obender

Money can be sent in Russia by any of 16 different transfer systems, as well as via the Russian Post. The systems can be divided into two main groups: international and Russian. The international group includes Western Union and MoneyGram, as well as Travelex and Ria Envia, which have limited service within Russia. The international systems have the advantage of simplicity and a widespread network of offices: having specified the country and town to which the money is being sent, the sender receives a code that, once it has been communicated to the recipient, allows the recipient to pick up the money at any Western Union or MoneyGram office within a few minutes. The sender pays for the service.

All of the international systems have sliding commission scales: the larger the sum of the transfer, the lower the commission. For a transfer of $500, Western Union takes $29 in commission (5.8%), MoneyGram – $28 (5.6%), and Travelex – $25 (5%). If the sum is larger than $3000, the commission is lower still: 3.6% at Western Union, 3.5% at MoneyGram, and 3.2% at Travelex. In any case, however, the cost of using an international service provider will be more than using a Russian provider.

If the recipient can afford to wait for a day or more, then a Russian money-transfer system might be the way to go. The cheapest offer is from UNIStream or Promsvyazbank, which can both send $3000 with a service charge of $30 (1% of the transfer amount). For the same transfer amount, the Russian companies Contact, Anelik, and STB-Express all charge a 3% commission. The main drawback of these systems is that they all require at least day to send the money, while the Russian Post takes three days.

Several Russian companies – Migom, Lider, PrivatMoney, and Blizko – offer online services. To use these services, however, the sender must know the full address to which the money is being sent, and the recipient can pick up the transfer only at the specified office, making transfers to distant countries difficult.

Hope this helps.

Dwayne

July, 2003 - Met online

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

AOS

Timeline

Thanks!!!

obender

And I forgot to mention Ikobo.com ... they work through many banks within Russia and are reasonable.

Dwayne

July, 2003 - Met online

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

AOS

Dwayne, you're in the zone!

I'm giving you the little Sportscenter "da dah duh!" right now and an "up top!" followed by a chest bump.... but no @$$ slap. We've got to keep it professional. We're talking economics here, afterall.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.