CountCet

More Interview Evidence questions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

After reading about others evidence I am getting worried about some of our own evidence for the interview in Moscow.

My fiancee and I have lived together before and spent alot of time together and we don't have the long phone conversations or romantic e-mails that many here have. It's usually 5 to 20 minutes once or twice a week just to see what is new (which usually isn't much). I'm usually at work when I call her anyways because of the time difference.

My fiancee is also fanatical about cleaning so any cards that I have sent her were probably thrown away. It's just her personality.

The one thing we do have is lots of pictures together. I have just returned from Russia and we have some good pictures with me and her family as well as us together. I hope this is enough.

Edited by CountCet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
After reading about others evidence I am getting worried about some of our own evidence for the interview in Moscow.

We had relatively little, and it was fine. Speaking the same language and knowing each other well is the most important part.

K visas are almost never turned down at the embassy. The worst case is that they ask for some additional evidence, which you provide, and then the visa is approved. So, worst case, you are looking at a delay of a few weeks.

The bigger things to worry about are criminal history, financial stability, and past immigration petitions. If your case is normal, don't worry about it. Good luck.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
K visas are almost never turned down at the embassy.

Hmm, I hope that is the case. However, I have heard that there are lots of reasons K-1 visas are denied/refused. That being said, it is important to understand that everyone's case is unique; and if you have a bonafide relationship with all your paperwork in order and do well on your interview, you should expect to be approved.

Timeline

You have some time yet to work with. The big thing is the mood of the C/O and your credibitily as a couple.

This is my second K-1. On the first she went in with Dozens of photos from my 4 trips, print outs and a listing that showed 2000 SMS messages with print outs of maybe 150. Reciepts for flowers I had sent for Valentines and Woman's day and with me standing out front waiting. She got what she described as a nasty C/O and came out with a 221-G instead of the visa. I was so sure of our relationship that I was shocked that they did not believe it. I furnished some phone records and more photos and we were able to get the visa 3 weeks later.

For this one our interview is next Tuesday. She will be gettng on a plane for Moscow in 4 hours. We have spend 4 months together in the year we have known each other. We have lots of photos and are going in with about 100 e-mails and an engagement ring receipt. I am a little worried that we have no phone records. We can talk endlessly in person and never run out of things to say but neither of us likes talking on the phone very much and the few times I did call which for some reason did not seem to show up on my phone bill it was a struggle to understand each other through all the static. There are some things they could question about the e-mails which concerns me.

I had planned to make some phone calls just for the interview but we were on A/R at NVC for 5 months and spent the summer together in the Caribbean and found out about the interview while there. When we returned to our homes we only had 3 weeks to get ready for the interview and there was not enough time to make calls and get a phone bill.

For us, we have a pretty large age difference and that always makes them look closer for fraud. If you have nothing that will make them look harder and she does not miss any of the questions you will likely be ok. If it were me I would send each other a few dozen romantic e-mails and print them out and I would pick a month or two and make some phone calls.

Personally I am rating our chances at about 70% when they should be 95% or better. I will say that doing this the second time does let you know more of what to expect.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline

I don't think it is overkill but I don't think it is the kind of thing they are looking for and I think there would be at least a small chance that it could send up some red flags. They might consider that it is for paying you to help her in visa fraud.

They want to see things that show that you have a real relationship. That you are in love. That you are planning to marry and build a life together. Things that relate to her life here such as work plans, bank acounts, schooling plans are not important to them. They are not letting her in to have a good life in America. They are letting her in to have a good life with you.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline
For this one our interview is next Tuesday...

Good luck to you both!

... my wife just asked what I am doing. I said I am reading posts from the guy who wished us good luck in April. She remembers her experience and wishes everything is all right for you both!

Timeline
For this one our interview is next Tuesday...

Good luck to you both!

... my wife just asked what I am doing. I said I am reading posts from the guy who wished us good luck in April. She remembers her experience and wishes everything is all right for you both!

Reading the story of your interview does not fill me with confidence. Of course when things go smooth you expect them to continue that way and when they don't you don't have the optimism you might otherwise. In our case we should have had our interview about when your wife did, maybe even a few days before since NVC received our file a week ahead of yours. I think we are both braced for anything. I will almost be surprised if I get the SMS message I am expecting in a little less than 36 hours and it says the interview went well and we got the visa.

Personally I am rating our chances at about 70% when they should be 95% or better. I will say that doing this the second time does let you know more of what to expect.

My theory on all this, TG, is you guys waited so long as the "evidence." They intentionally took their time to see if you'd still go through with it or if one of you would grow tired and try a different form of fraud. But, you haven't, and you've stuck it out, even going further and living together in the mean time. I think you guys have more than a 95% chance. Keep you hopes up!

Since this is the Russia forum, I'm not going to say anything good yet, I'll wait until next Wednesday morning. Then congrats will be in order. Until then, just know I've got a hunch you guys have already passed the test and very soon the waiting game will be over.

For the OP, like stated above, if you have a relatively "normal" K-1, you've got nothing to worry about. The fact that you guys lived together and have lots of pictures and that sort of thing should be more than enough evidence for them. Once again, I'll put it out there: Slim's theory on "evidence" - The case is already decided before you go in. Evidence just "supports" the decision one way or the other. It just confirms that it's not a visa fraud and you guys are who you say you are and doing what you say you're doing.

Evidence is the most over-hyped part of the interview process.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.