Max2

Visa approved but having technical difficulty

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancée went for her interview on September 4 and had a long interview. The person doing the interview asked her a couple of questions that I have not heard asked before, one of which was: Mexico is much closer to US and has many good girls; why did not your fiance look to find someone there?

After the long interview, they told her that she was approved and for her to return the following day and pickup her passport and visa :dance: . The following day when she returned, they told had that they are have “a technical difficulty” and the visa is not ready :angry: . They told her that they would contact her when the technical difficulty is resolved. Before leaving my fiancée asked if there was anything wrong with her documents and they assured her that her document was all okay.

My fiancée told me that the day she went there for her interview there came a family for their interview. This family was also asked to return the following day to pickup their visa. My fiancée happened to arrive at the embassy the following day at the same time as this family and they actually had their visa ready for them. My fiancée called them three days later and they still told her that they are experiencing a technical difficulty. So, my question to the board is:

1. What type of “a technical difficulty” could it possibly exist that prevent an embassy from issuing a K-1 visa but not other types of visa?
  2. Has anyone seen or heard that an embassy use this type of an excuse to prevent processing a K-1 visa?
  3. What can we do at this point?

Thanks in advance for any assistance we get.

Max. :help:

Petition for first fiancée visa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006-01-31 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2006-01-31 - NOA1

2006-04-25 - It became clear that our relationship wound not work-out

2006-05-02 - NOA2

2006-05-12 - My attorney advised me that no further action regarding the withdrawal of the approved petition is required.

2006-09-01 - NOA2 expired and she never set foot on U.S. soil

Petition for second fiancée visa (not the same woman as the first)

2007-02-28 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2007-03-08 - NOA1

2007-06-07 - Recieved Intend to Deny (IMBRA). - Request for waiver of limitation

2007-06-15 - Mailed in the request for waiver as well as the supporting documents

2007-06-20 - CSC Received package

2007-06-28 - Touched

2007-06-29 - NOA2 was approved

2007-07-05 - Received NOA2

2007-07-10 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-18 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-23 - Called NVC - They have not received the package yet

2007-07-24 - Called CSC - The file is in waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-26 - Called NVC and was told that they received the package yesterday and was sent to the embassy today

2007-08-04 - Interview date is set for 09/04/2007

2007-09-04 - Interview went very well and told her to return tomorrow and pickup her passport and visa

2007-09-05 - Told her there is a technical difficulty and the embassy will contact her when the visa is ready

2007-09-14 - She finally received her visa

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I see that quiet often on here, they say the printer is broke, the guy that prints the visa's didn't come in, they are out of ink blah blah......

I have wondered what is really up with that myself :huh:

There is not much you can do except go to the embassy and inquire every day or call.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation. Recently a friend of mine experience the same thing..."printers broken" blah, blah, blah. In her situation she phone daily and involved her congressman immediately. Come to find out, they were on AP. She didn't learn they were on AP until after her congressman's office was involved. Within about a week her fiance had his visa. I don't know if the congressional inquiry sped up the AP, or if it simply gave her information that the Embassy would not.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Omoba and Reeses16 for your assistanct. I greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Max.

Petition for first fiancée visa

2006-01-31 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2006-01-31 - NOA1

2006-04-25 - It became clear that our relationship wound not work-out

2006-05-02 - NOA2

2006-05-12 - My attorney advised me that no further action regarding the withdrawal of the approved petition is required.

2006-09-01 - NOA2 expired and she never set foot on U.S. soil

Petition for second fiancée visa (not the same woman as the first)

2007-02-28 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2007-03-08 - NOA1

2007-06-07 - Recieved Intend to Deny (IMBRA). - Request for waiver of limitation

2007-06-15 - Mailed in the request for waiver as well as the supporting documents

2007-06-20 - CSC Received package

2007-06-28 - Touched

2007-06-29 - NOA2 was approved

2007-07-05 - Received NOA2

2007-07-10 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-18 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-23 - Called NVC - They have not received the package yet

2007-07-24 - Called CSC - The file is in waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-26 - Called NVC and was told that they received the package yesterday and was sent to the embassy today

2007-08-04 - Interview date is set for 09/04/2007

2007-09-04 - Interview went very well and told her to return tomorrow and pickup her passport and visa

2007-09-05 - Told her there is a technical difficulty and the embassy will contact her when the visa is ready

2007-09-14 - She finally received her visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.