9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

H1B married to USC - July 2005 (applied in California)

I-485 - applied in Oct 2005

1st I-765 - approved Jan 2006

1st I-131 - approved Jan 2006

Interview - March 2006 ( successful with pending name check)

1st Fingerprinting done in Dec 2005

2nd Fingerprinting done in Nov 2006

2nd I-765 - Jan 2007

Moved to Florida in Jan 2007.

I-485 transferred to NBC - March 2007

Submitted Address change form - Jun 2007

LUD on I-485 - July 2007

I have put up 2 service request which says the same stuff- pending name check and it will take 6 months before i can contact them.Its been 21 months since my first fingerprinting and 10 months since 2nd fingerprinting but i dont know why my name check is taking so long.I dont even have a Conditional GC even though i am married to USC.Its been over 2 yrs for my marriage. My question is:

1) is it usual that you dont get conditional GC when married to USC until ur name check is pending.

2) How long do you think its gonna take from here on since the LUD on my I-485 was in Jul 2007

3) Is the LUD due to the address change because if so why my I130 still show a LUD on Oct 2005.

4) Is there a way to expedite the process.

Thank you for your time and suggestions,

hipop2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You wont get your greencard until the namecheck is complete and the application is able to then be approved. One good thing, since your marriage is now over 2 years you wont get the conditional card but the 10 year one instead.

For questions 2 and 3, there is no way of telling why but I take it as a good thing that they have at least looked at your case.

Question 4, no is the quick answer. Have you had an infopass? If so have you considered contacting your Congressman/Senators? Sometimes they can help but if you are stuck in namecheck there really is nothing that anyone can do.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1. Yeah, unfortunately you can't be officially approved for a GC until your namecheck clears.

2. No one can estimate. See this thread for a ton of other people waiting: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6694

3. Possibly, though it could be for any number of reasons.

Did you file AR-11 and apply it to your pending petitions/applications as well? Is your I-130 approved or pending? If approved, they won't change the address on that and they will only change the address if you applied online and put in your case number for the I-485 (and even then they've been known to screw up and not change the address). Did you get confirmation by snail mail that they did indeed change your address for the I-485?

4. Unfortunately no. See the thread I linked.

Hope you get cleared soon!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have applied for AR-11 change of address.My I-130 is still pending.I have made infopass appointments a couple of times but the end result is the same.Actually when i first changed my address,it was in apr 2007 through phone.so when i had a infopass appointment in Jun 2007,they told me that my address is not changed thoroughout.She said my case was awaiting to be assigned to an officer but since they have 2 different addresses of mine at diffenrent location she asked me to apply AR-11.I did that in Jun 2007 and havent heard back from them.Is there any sample letter that i can use to contact the senator or FL.Do i have to mail them or email them and what info do i need to include in my mail.Wat is the contact info ,where can i get it?

Thanks for the quick reply.

hipop2007

Your AOS timeline is quite comparable to mine.

1) is it usual that you dont get conditional GC when married to USC until ur name check is pending.

you should get a 10 year greencard if you are married 2 years at the time of adjudication/approval. anything is possible though with USCIS

2) How long do you think its gonna take from here on since the LUD on my I-485 was in Jul 2007

there is no way to tell when the file will be completed. do checkups on your case such as infopass, and status inquires.

3) Is the LUD due to the address change because if so why my I130 still show a LUD on Oct 2005.

you may want to ensure all files have updated address changes, we have seen other reports on VJ stating regardless if an AR-11 is filed, current, open & pending files can be "missed" or not updated.

4) Is there a way to expedite the process.

you can try Writ of Mandamus, but its not the magic bullet it once was, many cases get dismissed.

I have applied for AR-11 change of address.My I-130 is still pending.I have made infopass appointments a couple of times but the end result is the same.Actually when i first changed my address,it was in apr 2007 through phone.so when i had a infopass appointment in Jun 2007,they told me that my address is not changed thoroughout.She said my case was awaiting to be assigned to an officer but since they have 2 different addresses of mine at diffenrent location she asked me to apply AR-11.I did that in Jun 2007 and havent heard back from them.Is there any sample letter that i can use to contact the senator or FL.Do i have to mail them or email them and what info do i need to include in my mail.Wat is the contact info ,where can i get it?

hipop2007

You can find out your congressperson by going here :

http://www.house.gov/

put in your zip code.

Include all pertinant information regarding your case. - A#, Case#, name, address, phone, etc etc. Be concise and to the point.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hipop2007

you can file the AR-11 online which supposedly changes your address on pending cases too...

online Ar-11 - Change of Address

If you choose to change your address online using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have some information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

* Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS).

* Your new address

* Your old address

* If you have filed a petition for a family member, please have the names and biographical information for that person.

* When you last entered the United States (if you cannot remember this information please fill in an approximate date)

* Where you last entered the United States (through what port of entry you entered - whether by land, sea or air)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, the AR-11 online isn't foolproof. I count myself as one of the lucky ones where things were actually updated throughout! There are cases here of people who got confirmation by snail mail for all pending petitions but things still got mailed to their old address.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Also when contacting the Congressman/Senator, for them to be able to look into your case they will have a form that you will need to fill out and return to them. Look at their websites and also ph them to talk to an aide. Most have someone available to help with immigration matters.

Remember though, some are better than others and if you dont get help from one keep trying till you get someone to look at your case.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.