3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey there.

My husband has his green card interview next week. He had his medical done in France before he got his visa. I have read that sometimes (?) there is a medical done here as well? Is this correct? If so, I haven't been asked to do one. Is it required before the interview?

Also, with regards to the TB stuff, he had a tb test done here and it was positive (due to the bcg as a child) and last week to be safe his regular md did a chest xray. it was negative. Everyone is saying they're asking for tb stuff at the interview - do I just bring all this stuff or does he need to have a civil surgeon do the xray or look at the xray or what?

any help is appreciated. thanks!

Lesley

July 28th 2006 - Sent I-29F to Nebraska

August 14, 2006 - I-29F received; NOA1 arrived shortly afterwards

August 17, 2006 - Touched

October 27, 2006 - Touched!!!

October 28, 2006 - Touched again!!

November 2nd, 2006 - Approval emails!

November 3rd, 2006 - Received NO2 in the mail with NOA2 date of 10/27/06

November 9th, 2006- Letter dated stating National Visa Center has received our case

12/7/06 - Fiance received packet #3

12/15/06 - Fiance mailed packet #3 back

1/27/07 - received packet 4

2/1/07 - Interview!

APPROVED!

2/5/07 - Fiance receieved visa in mail!

3/5/07 - Tarig arrived in US via Dallas

4/20/07 - Social Security card arrived

5/5/07 - Wedding!

5/29 Sent AOS, EAD, AP documents

6/4 NOA1

7/6 Biometrics appointment

8/10/07 Received approval email for travel document!

8/20/07 Received work permit in the mail

9/12 Green card interview!!!! APPROVED - waiting for green card to arrive in mail

9/17/07 Green card production ordered

9/24/07 Green card arrives!

Hey there.

My husband has his green card interview next week. He had his medical done in France before he got his visa. I have read that sometimes (?) there is a medical done here as well? Is this correct? If so, I haven't been asked to do one. Is it required before the interview?

Also, with regards to the TB stuff, he had a tb test done here and it was positive (due to the bcg as a child) and last week to be safe his regular md did a chest xray. it was negative. Everyone is saying they're asking for tb stuff at the interview - do I just bring all this stuff or does he need to have a civil surgeon do the xray or look at the xray or what?

any help is appreciated. thanks!

Lesley

Hey There!

This should explain what he has to do.

FEDERAL REGISTER INTERIM REGULATIONS at USCIS website, I quote:

"C. Medical Examinations

According to 8 CFR 245.5, aliens seeking to adjust status are required to undergo a medical examination performed by a designated civil surgeon to determine whether they are inadmissible under section 212(a)(1)(A) of the Act. To date, applicants for K nonimmigrant visas have been required to obtain a medical examination abroad pursuant to Department of State regulations at 22 CFR 41.81 prior to entry, and the medical examination is not repeated if they apply for adjustment of status within 1 year of the dat e the examination was performed. They are, however, required to submit with the adjustment of status application a vaccination assessment completed by a designated civil surgeon in order to establish their compliance with the vaccination requirements under section 212(a)(1)(A)(ii) of the Act.

The Service will continue this same policy for the K-3/K-4 nonimmigrants. K-3/K-4 nonimmigrants who file their adjustment of status application within 1 year from the date of the medical examination overseas will not have to submit an additional medical examination. However, the Service notes that applicants whose medical examinations overseas revealed a “Class A” or “Class B” condition (as defined by 42 CFR 34.2( B ) ) must establish upon application for adjustment of status that they complied with those cond itions imposed on the initial admission. Failure to comply with those conditions means that a new medical examination will be required.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't answer all of your questions but his medical is still good as long as it's no more than a year old. He must get the vaccine supplement I693A, though.

The chest x ray, to my knowledge, must be done by an approved civil surgeon according to the list USCIS has. You might have to get it done again.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.