Epiphany

Results of interview

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
STOP!

Here is a FIRSTHAND report from someone about what he SAW and HEARD.

If you don't want the truth about HIS experience--IGNORE IT!

How many others who run into this same interviewer would be on VJ the next day complaining: "No one told me how rough it was. I can't believe I wasn't warned about how tough some of the interviewers are!"

NO ONE complains about the HAPPY, easy interviews!

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

If you got/or do get a kind, easy interview GREAT.

But why are earth are you complaining about hearing about the POSSIBILITY of getting a very grueling interview.

This is ridiculous!

I guess VJers are ONLY supposed to give happy, glowing reports of their experiences. If that's the case, VJ loses some of it's usefulness.

Hopefully we are all here to learn the good and bad---

There's a big difference between exposing the bad and doing what the OP did which was basically insult and scare people who are already so nervous.

Also, the "if you can't be there then don't come crying here if she's denied" speech was COMPLETELY out of line. People like myself who couldn't be with their fiances would obviously take great offense at that his whole "they are getting what they deserve and that's a fact" attitude is bound to set people off.

There's a BIG difference between providing a different take on an experience and just being rude.

When you do nothing but lay down blanket statements with no backup, make rude and presumptuous comments about those of us who couldn't be with our fiances, and responded with rudeness to ANYone who asks for a detail, then that is grounds for some negative feedback, quite obviously.

Furthermore, this person has still yet to provide full detail of the activity and only continues to insult those of us who took offense by him. Case in point--telling me I need Emotional help. Excuse me, but if you think I'm going to sit mutely by while someone says that to me you have another thing coming.

What he said about those of us who couldn't be with our fiances was not only a shot at us but our fiances themselves.

There's nothing in this world wrong with providing a dark story for a change. However, the attitude in which it is presented counts just as much.

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

To OP: I should report you for everything you said but I want to keep peace here. You're the only person on this entire forum in the nine months I've posted here that I've EVER had any problems with. One more comment about my "emotional stability", my fiance's health in any way shape or form--or anything else offensive, I AM reporting you. I put up with this sophomoric stuff on other forums but I won't put up with it on an otherwise nice forum as VJ. Don't even post to me anymore. ENOUGH.

yey! right on vann........ congrats!

best of luck

Good luck on your process and thank you! :)

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

To OP: I should report you for everything you said but I want to keep peace here. You're the only person on this entire forum in the nine months I've posted here that I've EVER had any problems with. One more comment about my "emotional stability", my fiance's health in any way shape or form--or anything else offensive, I AM reporting you. I put up with this sophomoric stuff on other forums but I won't put up with it on an otherwise nice forum as VJ. Don't even post to me anymore. ENOUGH.

best of luck

Congrats VANN!!! happy for you... its still gona be a long journey but winning this battle (at the embassy lol) is way way super awsome :dance::dance::dance: wish you luck and bon voyage for your fiancee... :thumbs:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

best of luck

Congrats VANN!!! happy for you... its still gona be a long journey but winning this battle (at the embassy lol) is way way super awsome :dance::dance::dance: wish you luck and bon voyage for your fiancee... :thumbs:

Thank you! :)

The way I figure it--once I get her here in January it's all gravy from there. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

best of luck

The way I figure it--once I get her here in January it's all gravy from there. :)

Vann, you are right.Congrats and godbless.

My siblings are required to go back in US embassy in Manila on Monday, because they need to submit the original affidavit of support.

You are right,,,,,COMPOSURE is very important.If you are CONFIDENT and TRUST yourself you will succeed.

I wish you happiness AND gOD BLESS US ALL..

Timeline

best of luck

Vann, you are right.Congrats and godbless.

My siblings are required to go back in US embassy in Manila on Monday, because they need to submit the original affidavit of support.

You are right,,,,,COMPOSURE is very important.If you are CONFIDENT and TRUST yourself you will succeed.

I wish you happiness AND gOD BLESS US ALL..

Thank and God bless! :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

why cant epiphany lay it all out? they got approved on their visa anyway. i just hope he gives more details cause it will really help a lot. but instead he got offended on what people said about his post. epiphany people are sooo very curious about what happen but then you can't provide the answers so people are pissed off. so will you please give the details like the people does here everytime they are done with the interview?

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

why cant epiphany lay it all out? they got approved on their visa anyway. i just hope he gives more details cause it will really help a lot. but instead he got offended on what people said about his post. epiphany people are sooo very curious about what happen but then you can't provide the answers so people are pissed off. so will you please give the details like the people does here everytime they are done with the interview?

correct

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Timeline
Congratulations and do share the details later.

DeeZee is right...i hope you could share some details..

specially those questions by the CO.

congratulations!

alexandra

As soon as we are home I will post very specific details. I promise you that. All I can say is that the men should be there. If the man is not there you really take your chances. There were 3 men there of which I was one of them. Thats 3 out of 200. I wont criticize not going with your gal but dont come here and complain if she doesnt get approved. I think this is the most important day you will ever face. This process is 90% preparation and 10% presentation but that 10% helps if its done correctly.

I dont want to say if the consol is male/female right now.

So does it help if I go with my fiance at the interview? Will I be allowed inside while he is being interview?

Hello Everyone. Finally go reunited with my fiance and now husband. We are soo happy.... After 2 years since we filed 7/28/07 we received our visa on August 4, 2009... don't give up. if you know USEM is wrong fight for it... We did...

fiance's are allowed and will be interviewed by the CO also

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Timeline

It's nice if the guys are with their fiancees during the interview of course. However, if you are confident you have all the requirements with your fiancee, and she just answers the CO questions confidently too, your girls will not have a hard time. After asking my name and my petitioner's name, our ages, all questions were related to what we wrote in the petition and application - if he or I were ever married before, if my fiance is supporting another person, what kind of work he does, how we met, etc. Answers of course should just corroborate information you have provided yourselves.

So guys out there, don't worry too much how your girls handle the interview. :dance:

It's nice if the guys are with their fiancees during the interview of course. However, if you are confident you have all the requirements with your fiancee, and she just answers the CO questions confidently too, your girls will not have a hard time. After asking my name and my petitioner's name, our ages, all questions were related to what we wrote in the petition and application - if he or I were ever married before, if my fiance is supporting another person, what kind of work he does, how we met, etc. Answers of course should just corroborate information you have provided yourselves.

So guys out there, don't worry too much how your girls handle the interview. :dance:

i was alone during my interview (we planned that he'll come but the interview sked was very unexpected. just 3 weeks notice, he was just there a month before my sked, and he's a got a boat show to run)... i had it all (docs/proofs) except to calm down my nervousness lol but once i got inside the embassy and seeing all the girls working/supporting together, it calmed me down a bit and gave me confidence to face the officers and even if i was still nervous, i could win oscar awards for acting as i was confident and all smiles. hehehe... i knew one girl whose fiance is in the hotel and couldnt come coz of stomach ache or maybe was nervous as hell too, so she went alone and nailed it just the same... one was put on AR but not because her fiance wasnt there but because they need to have a co-sponsor. its good to have your fiance/spouse to be there just so you can see him and be together with him and celebrate together or supporting each other incase it wont go too well. but other than that, there's not much of a difference for me... :blush:

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats and now onto AOS.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.