Epiphany

Results of interview

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
then you're good i believe :thumbs: ... we followed the NOA1 date since thats the official receipt... she'll be fine. let's just hope for the best and more prayers

Well, that's good to know! :yes:

I appreciate the prayers. :)

Still no word from my fiance. Of course, she's only been in the embassy for 2 1/2 hours so far, so hopefully she'll be finished soon.

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Ailene's interview appointment was 7:30 am. She was back at the hotel calling me by 8:45 am and she even stopped and bought a load for her phone.

I know some ladies have to wait a while to be called, and it takes lot longer than Ailene.

She said the consul was very polite and even laughed during her interview. He only asked her question about me, when did i visit her, where we went, was i married before, and whats my job. After the interview he said " you are approved, are you happy?"

I just can't imagine why the consul would want to have a girl in tears.

Thats just my two cents worth...

That was window 27. The person at window 27 was averaging about 3 minutes per interview and everyone walked out happy. We were praying for that window. That was the good consol to get. But I did not see anyone who came and went in 1 hour. I watched the numbers and the quickest numbers in the 6k range were finishing about 10am. We arrived at 6am. Thats 4 hours minimum. Dont know how anyone could go through in 30 minutes. The line to get in was more then that.

What I posted was the truth and what I saw with my own eyes. The Pushy American comment is way out of line. The consol was comforted by my answers to their questions. I was asked the questions after my gals. Not the other way around. So the consol could NOT "Take it out on her" It was my follow up to my gals answers that got us approved. My gal was a nervous wreck and not answering the consols questions in a direct manner she was very nervous. I cant comment on what was said to her but it was NOT good.

Im really surprised that the people here dont want to hear the truth. All you want is good news instead of the truth. I posted the exact details of what happened and what I saw and experienced. If you dont like it or are offended by this post then thats yours to deal with. Dont kill the messenger. I posted the truth and you now know what is possible. While it may not happen to you it was happening to a few gals and to us.

Pray for window 27.......

I have to agree about not stressing out. You can search through here and see where most people dont have any problems as long as all the paperwork is in order. The only time that any one has a problem is when there is something wrong in the paperwork or something makes the consul suspicious. Then they will get tough. Im sure if anyone had any problems with this particular CO it would have been posted before. There must have been something that caught that CO's attention or maybe he or she just had a bad day. As far as being afraid that the CO might see what u write on here and take some type of action, let me say I work for the Government and its illegal for us to take action in a official capacity for what someone writes about us. If u not going to discuss what happened just keep it to yourself instead of getting everyone worried for nothing.

If you think its for nothing then have a nice day. I posted what I saw with my own eyes and ears. Im not going to be bullied into talking unitil she is in America.

Tell me how would you prove that someone lost your paperwork or worse?

And your statement makes no sense if you read my post. This did NOT just happen to us alone. I could hear the girls and the consol talking back and forth from the chairs. The last girl was in line at the finish window asking about her "problems" in front of us. She did not get approved.

Dude, Im not trying to argue with you. Im sure your case and even the girls in front of you that got denied may have had some reason. We don't know from the information. All Im saying is there is no reason to get our spouses/fiances stressed out and worried by making blanket statements without giving any info. You are not being bullied. Its good that u did approved but for those still waiting, there is enough stress without being worried that the consul is going to be a jerk to them when they get to the interview. Most people have good experiences during their interview. If there are some instances where the interview went badly, then there is usually something behind it. If everything is prepared and ready it usually goes smoothly, and yes u cant prove that they lost something you just have to prove to them whatever they want. I hope everything goes well with you in your new life, and for all others there is nothing stress about. Just be prepared, relax and if something does come up, deal with it then. That's all you can do.

Agreed.

This message is for OT:

I can understand how you care so much about your fiance and don't want to risk anything but you also have to understand that all of us are in the same exact boat as you and have the same exact feelings as you do.

I agree with everyone else--posting blanket commets about a horrid experience without backing it up is not a good tactic here. For people like me who had neither the time or money to make an emergency trip to be there during the interview like myself, I really don't need this added stress right now.

I appreciate what you were attempting to do in this post but you did many of us more harm than good, and I'm sorry but your comment about "Don't be all sad if you weren't even there with her" is rather insentive and rude. I'm in a dire situation right now. My fiance lost her job months ago, hasn't been able to find a new one, and I've been sending her money each month to be sure she can EAT, so sorry, but I can't afford a trip to be there on her interview.

You should really take other's feelings into consideration before you throw off comments like this because you have NO idea how stressful my life has been these past few months. Having a fiance to constantly worry about whether or not she eats every day isn't an easy thing to process let alone the fact she also has a thyroid condition she can barely afford to medicate herself for.

I'm sorry, but your post was VERY offensive and I feel quite angry right now.

Don't make assumptions and don't presume to say that those of us who weren't with our fiances at their interview shouldn't "cry about it" because some of us DO have extenuating circumstances, you know.

Unless your fiance has been suddenly fired from her job and has a sickness I must have treated the minute she gets to the US then you have NO idea what I'm going through nor do you have any right to make those claims about those of us who CAN'T be with our fiances during their interviews.

To VANN.......

You may be having money problems but you cant tell me everyone here is having money problems. I saw only 3 out of 200 gals that were there with their men. Are all 197 men having money problems? Maybe you should not be getting married if you are having such severe money problems. That will put a huge strain on your relationship. Lack of money is the number 1 cause of divorce. Maybe your extreme anger is coming from within and your lack of money and not from my post. Maybe you should seek some emotional health treatment.

Timeline
I have to agree about not stressing out. You can search through here and see where most people dont have any problems as long as all the paperwork is in order. The only time that any one has a problem is when there is something wrong in the paperwork or something makes the consul suspicious. Then they will get tough. Im sure if anyone had any problems with this particular CO it would have been posted before. There must have been something that caught that CO's attention or maybe he or she just had a bad day. As far as being afraid that the CO might see what u write on here and take some type of action, let me say I work for the Government and its illegal for us to take action in a official capacity for what someone writes about us. If u not going to discuss what happened just keep it to yourself instead of getting everyone worried for nothing.

If you think its for nothing then have a nice day. I posted what I saw with my own eyes and ears. Im not going to be bullied into talking unitil she is in America.

And your statement makes no sense if you read my post. This did NOT just happen to us alone. I could hear the girls and the consol talking back and forth from the chairs. The last girl was in line at the finish window asking about her "problems" in front of us. She did not get approved.

Dude, Im not trying to argue with you. Im sure your case and even the girls in front of you that got denied may have had some reason. We don't know from the information. All Im saying is there is no reason to get our spouses/fiances stressed out and worried by making blanket statements without giving any info. You are not being bullied. Its good that u did approved but for those still waiting, there is enough stress without being worried that the consul is going to be a jerk to them when they get to the interview. Most people have good experiences during their interview. If there are some instances where the interview went badly, then there is usually something behind it. If everything is prepared and ready it usually goes smoothly, and yes u cant prove that they lost something you just have to prove to them whatever they want. I hope everything goes well with you in your new life, and for all others there is nothing stress about. Just be prepared, relax and if something does come up, deal with it then. That's all you can do.

Agreed.

This message is for OT:

I can understand how you care so much about your fiance and don't want to risk anything but you also have to understand that all of us are in the same exact boat as you and have the same exact feelings as you do.

I agree with everyone else--posting blanket commets about a horrid experience without backing it up is not a good tactic here. For people like me who had neither the time or money to make an emergency trip to be there during the interview like myself, I really don't need this added stress right now.

I appreciate what you were attempting to do in this post but you did many of us more harm than good, and I'm sorry but your comment about "Don't be all sad if you weren't even there with her" is rather insentive and rude. I'm in a dire situation right now. My fiance lost her job months ago, hasn't been able to find a new one, and I've been sending her money each month to be sure she can EAT, so sorry, but I can't afford a trip to be there on her interview.

You should really take other's feelings into consideration before you throw off comments like this because you have NO idea how stressful my life has been these past few months. Having a fiance to constantly worry about whether or not she eats every day isn't an easy thing to process let alone the fact she also has a thyroid condition she can barely afford to medicate herself for.

Don't make assumptions and don't presume to say that those of us who weren't with our fiances at their interview shouldn't "cry about it" because some of us DO have extenuating circumstances, you know.

Unless your fiance has been suddenly fired from her job and has a sickness I must have treated the minute she gets to the US then you have NO idea what I'm going through nor do you have any right to make those claims about those of us who CAN'T be with our fiances during their interviews.

To VANN.......

You may be having money problems but you cant tell me everyone here is having money problems. I saw only 3 out of 200 gals that were there with their men. Are all 197 men having money problems? Maybe you should not be getting married if you are having such severe money problems. That will put a huge strain on your relationship. Lack of money is the number 1 cause of divorce. Maybe your extreme anger is coming from within and your lack of money and not from my post. Maybe you should seek some emotional health treatment.

EXCUSE me? First of all, where do you get off telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing in the interest of MY relationship? Second of all--it's not as if everyone can just throw off $1,500 or more for a roundtrip plane ticket to spend an indeterminate amount of time in a foreign country waiting for results.

Furthermore, it's an issue of time more than money. These appointments were sprung on us suddenly as was the loss of her job. I'm setting aside the money for preparations for her arrival here, including her plane ticket. I don't know who you are but I'm done talking to you.

Emotional health treatment? Try this--you come on with a snotty attitude, insinuating people are getting what they deserve if they're not with their fiance and they are denied, instilling all sorts of added fear and worry into many people other than myself and I'm not supposed to be angry or offended. Sir, you don't have a clue what I'm going through.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you were to be with their fiance and you have no right to sit there and basically say: "you're getting what you deserve if you're not there with them" as if it's some sort of set-in-stone fact.

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

To VANN.......

:whistle:

i dont know but i tend to disagree. sorry

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

To VANN.......

If Vanns gal is having health problems and needs medicine maybe we can all pitch in and buy her the medicine?

I am here in Manila now and can make sure the hospital gets paid. Anyone else want to pitch in?

Vann how much is your gals medicine?

Timeline
To VANN.......

If Vanns gal is having health problems and needs medicine maybe we can all pitch in and buy her the medicine?

I am here in Manila now and can make sure the hospital gets paid. Anyone else want to pitch in?

Vann how much is your gals medicine?

You're unbelievable...

Again--I'm through talking to you.

Agreed.

This message is for OT:

To VANN.......

EXCUSE me? First of all, where do you get off telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing in the interest of MY relationship? Second of all--it's not as if everyone can just throw off $1,500 or more for a roundtrip plane ticket to spend an indeterminate amount of time in a foreign country waiting for results.

Furthermore, it's an issue of time more than money. These appointments were sprung on us suddenly as was the loss of her job. I'm setting aside the money for preparations for her arrival here, including her plane ticket. I don't know who you are but I'm done talking to you.

Emotional health treatment? Try this--you come on with a snotty attitude, insinuating people are getting what they deserve if they're not with their fiance and they are denied, instilling all sorts of added fear and worry into many people other than myself and I'm not supposed to be angry or offended. Sir, you don't have a clue what I'm going through.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you were to be with their fiance and you have no right to sit there and basically say: "you're getting what you deserve if you're not there with them" as if it's some sort of set-in-stone fact.

Your very upset and emotional maybe you should not post when your are this state of mind. Everything I posted is as it happened. You are having a very difficult time with these facts maybe you should not read this forum if all you seek is good news instead of the truth?

The fact that you would rather stay angry instead of taking medical help offered to your gal tells me all I need to know.

Edited by Epiphany

Timeline

I would like to offer a bit of positive information in the midst of all this negativity....

My fiance was approved!!!! :D

She waited for nearly eight hours for a three minute window (And no, it wasn't Window 27)

After all the angst over waiting and worrying, we were both blessed with good news! :D

Just thought I'd share my good news with anyone here and please try not to worry! My fiance and I made it without a hitch and my hopes and prayers are out to all of you doing this! :)

Wow congrats Vann! and thanks for making me feel at ease. I have been worried lol. Her interview was only 3 minutes???WOW What window was that!?

D&J

05-26-2006: Engaged!!

DHS/USCIS - I-129F

02-26-2007: Petition Mailed to TSC via Express Mail

03-06-2007: NOA1 "Notice"

03-07-2007: Check cashed (posted 03-12-2007)

03-12-2007: NOA1 Received in Mail from CSC

06-11-2007: NOA2 Received in Mail from CSC

NVC

06-22-2007: NVC Received Case

06-26-2007: NVC Sent to Manila Embassy (got DOS Case #)

07-02-2007: Received Letter from NVC, dated June 27, 2007

USE-Manila

06-26-2007: USE received case electronically

07-05-2007: USE received hard copy of case from NVC

07-31-2007: J receivied Packet 4

08-16/17-2007: J did early Medical Review at St. Luke's

09-10-2007: Interview Approved!

09-14-2007: Visa in HAND!!

02/21/2008: USA Arrival

03/29/2008: Wedding!

05/12/2008: Mailed AOS via Express Mail

05/21/2008: Check clears our bank account

05/22/2008: Touch on all three apps

05/23/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP arrives from MSC (notice date 5/19/08)

05/24/2008: Received Biometrics Appt. Letter

06/16/2008: Biometrics Appt. at Durham Office

06/17/2008: EAD & AOS touched

07/21/2008: AP "Approval Notice Sent" & EAD "Card Production Ordered" via CRIS Email

07/25/2008: 2 copies of AP approval form received in snail mail, dated 7/21/08

07/28/2008: EAD Card arrives in mail; CRIS email sent I765 (EAD) "Approval Notice Sent"

11/25/2008: Received Appt. Letter dated 11/18/2008 (Appt. is 1/13/09)

01/13/2009: AOS Interview approved

01/20/2009: AOS Approval Notice received

01/23/2009: 2-year Green Card received

Timeline

It was an amazing experience! :) I may not have been able to be with her in her interview but made very sure she had all the necessary documents. Pages and pages of our emails, Yahoo messenger transcripts, letters, copies of phonebills, etc.

We also had loads of pictures of us together from our first two trips for her to show the embassy. :)

Confidence is the key and my fiance one of the strongest people I know. I know in my heart that my fiance passed her interview not only by having the proper documents but by showing composure and that is the key--composure. :)

Good to all of you going through this and don't let anything get you down! Look at me--I worried so much and I turned out just fine.

Oh, and in reference to the comments of the OP--I think you're a very rude and rather arrogant individual and each and every one of your comments to me were completely out of line. How dare you?

Either way, it doesn't matter now because I succeeded and can now get started on with my new life with my fiance.

Good luck to all of you and don't be discouraged! Stay the course and don't think less of yourselves if you can't be there with your fiance.

Wow congrats Vann! and thanks for making me feel at ease. I have been worried lol. Her interview was only 3 minutes???WOW What window was that!?

Thank you! :) I believe it was 23, but I'll have to double-check with her later. She told me that she didn't even have her number called. They called her by name and approved her just like that. She told me she was the only one in her line that got approved that fast and was the only one she could recall who was called up by name.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

STOP!

Here is a FIRSTHAND report from someone about what he SAW and HEARD.

If you don't want the truth about HIS experience--IGNORE IT!

How many others who run into this same interviewer would be on VJ the next day complaining: "No one told me how rough it was. I can't believe I wasn't warned about how tough some of the interviewers are!"

NO ONE complains about the HAPPY, easy interviews!

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

If you got/or do get a kind, easy interview GREAT.

But why are earth are you complaining about hearing about the POSSIBILITY of getting a very grueling interview.

This is ridiculous!

I guess VJers are ONLY supposed to give happy, glowing reports of their experiences. If that's the case, VJ loses some of it's usefulness.

Hopefully we are all here to learn the good and bad---

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
STOP!

Here is a FIRSTHAND report from someone about what he SAW and HEARD.

If you don't want the truth about HIS experience--IGNORE IT!

How many others who run into this same interviewer would be on VJ the next day complaining: "No one told me how rough it was. I can't believe I wasn't warned about how tough some of the interviewers are!"

NO ONE complains about the HAPPY, easy interviews!

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

If you got/or do get a kind, easy interview GREAT.

But why are earth are you complaining about hearing about the POSSIBILITY of getting a very grueling interview.

This is ridiculous!

I guess VJers are ONLY supposed to give happy, glowing reports of their experiences. If that's the case, VJ loses some of it's usefulness.

Hopefully we are all here to learn the good and bad---

No one is complaining about hearing about a bad interview. What they are complaining about is making a blanket statement without giving any info to back it up. Then saying that if you dont go with ur SO "dont come crying here when she is denied". Most people don't have there SO there with them and do just fine. If you are going to make a statement about "watch out for this CO" or something like that then give the info to back it up. If you cant give the info till later thats fine but hold ur comments till you are ready to give the full story. Everyone is stressed already and they dont need more.

Im sure everyone wants to hear the good and the bad so they can be preparedbut if we are going to post our experiences lets be ready to give the whole story. Statements like that doesnt help anyone prepare.

Both got approved anyway, so there ... :yes:

D&J

05-26-2006: Engaged!!

DHS/USCIS - I-129F

02-26-2007: Petition Mailed to TSC via Express Mail

03-06-2007: NOA1 "Notice"

03-07-2007: Check cashed (posted 03-12-2007)

03-12-2007: NOA1 Received in Mail from CSC

06-11-2007: NOA2 Received in Mail from CSC

NVC

06-22-2007: NVC Received Case

06-26-2007: NVC Sent to Manila Embassy (got DOS Case #)

07-02-2007: Received Letter from NVC, dated June 27, 2007

USE-Manila

06-26-2007: USE received case electronically

07-05-2007: USE received hard copy of case from NVC

07-31-2007: J receivied Packet 4

08-16/17-2007: J did early Medical Review at St. Luke's

09-10-2007: Interview Approved!

09-14-2007: Visa in HAND!!

02/21/2008: USA Arrival

03/29/2008: Wedding!

05/12/2008: Mailed AOS via Express Mail

05/21/2008: Check clears our bank account

05/22/2008: Touch on all three apps

05/23/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP arrives from MSC (notice date 5/19/08)

05/24/2008: Received Biometrics Appt. Letter

06/16/2008: Biometrics Appt. at Durham Office

06/17/2008: EAD & AOS touched

07/21/2008: AP "Approval Notice Sent" & EAD "Card Production Ordered" via CRIS Email

07/25/2008: 2 copies of AP approval form received in snail mail, dated 7/21/08

07/28/2008: EAD Card arrives in mail; CRIS email sent I765 (EAD) "Approval Notice Sent"

11/25/2008: Received Appt. Letter dated 11/18/2008 (Appt. is 1/13/09)

01/13/2009: AOS Interview approved

01/20/2009: AOS Approval Notice received

01/23/2009: 2-year Green Card received

Timeline
I would like to offer a bit of positive information in the midst of all this negativity....

My fiance was approved!!!! :D

She waited for nearly eight hours for a three minute window (And no, it wasn't Window 27)

After all the angst over waiting and worrying, we were both blessed with good news! :D

Just thought I'd share my good news with anyone here and please try not to worry! My fiance and I made it without a hitch and my hopes and prayers are out to all of you doing this! :)

Congrats Vann, wish you guys the best. :thumbs:

Met 22 Sept 06

Said I love u 24 Dec 06

went to visit 12 May 07

Started paper work Jun 07

Sent I-129 Aug 07 rcvd 22 Aug 07

NOA1 notice date 03 Oct 07

NOA2 notice date 06 Feb07

USEM rcvd 05Mar08

Interview 14 May 08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.