HannahP

Going insane - USC here.

12 posts in this topic

Okay. So. We lived together for a little over two years before separating and filing for a K-1. Everything went well for those two years; I figured, everything would be great after we were reunited.

Wrong.

As the USC - right now, I am responsible for working full-time as well as attending university full-time. The money that we managed to save whilst apart is mostly gone because I don't actually make a living wage at my job. (God bless Wal-Mart.)

He is waiting for his EAD; bored, lonely, and depressed because he is unable to financially contribute to our situation.

(Previously, he was here on a student visa. We both worked on campus and attended classes full-time, thus achieving the same load.)

After four-five hours of classes and six-nine hours of working, I just want to collapse. I sleep in my spare-time. He misses my presence desperately and only wants to spend time with me.

I simply cannot keep up with his sexual wants. (I'm exhausted all the time.)

I feel like I have no privacy. When I'm awake, he's hovering over me. I love him; but as an introvert, I need a certain amount of "me" time that I'm simply not getting with my current schedule. (We're the same, both being introverts. But he's getting too much alone time. I'm not getting enough!)

It's so frustrating. Everything would be perfect if I was going to school full-time and he was working. Instead, I feel like I have the triple-duty of going to school, working, and mothering an extremely needy child.

Anyone? :/

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Have an honest conversation about this with him. Sometimes it is hard to express how you feel to your partner, but thats when its most important to do so.

Filed: Timeline

Hanna!

I was wondering where you were.... on campus - figures ;)

I am familiar with your situation - house here is kind of like that I am still working and Bren is ready to rumble... as in NOW. I spend most day on campus and when I get here I just want a cup o'tea and a cigarette. Triple duty it is. Talk to him, he'll understand I'm sure.

Good to hear from you and your insanity, L.

Have an honest conversation about this with him. Sometimes it is hard to express how you feel to your partner, but thats when its most important to do so.

But then *he* feels guilty because I'm doing so much.

And then he gets depressed and mopes around.

(I think this is his particular emotional make-up? We're both still young.)

When I'm freaking out about everything that I have to do, he's always there to hold me and remind me that this process will be short compared to the next seventy years that we plan on spending together. I try to do the same for him but it doesn't seem to help much.

I'm just...frustrated.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

He's got to take up some interests outside of the relationship...for your sanity and his. Don't enable his behavior, especially if you end up feeling resentful. However, you should both schedule quality time together - whether it's snuggling up on the coach and watching TV. It's the little pleasures that keep us going...don't forget what attracted you two to each other.

Hanna!

I was wondering where you were.... on campus - figures ;)

I am familiar with your situation - house here is kind of like that I am still working and Bren is ready to rumble... as in NOW. I spend most day on campus and when I get here I just want a cup o'tea and a cigarette. Triple duty it is. Talk to him, he'll understand I'm sure.

Good to hear from you and your insanity, L.

Oh dear, they punted you guys to Montreal? I'm so sorry! :(

Timeline

He can do a search online for volunteering in your area. Volunteering would get him out the house and force him to have some social interaction besides just with you.

He can do a search online for volunteering in your area. Volunteering would get him out the house and force him to have some social interaction besides just with you.

I think that his depression was interfering with this, but I've really poked him into finding some volunteer opportunities. He has orientation for one place this Saturday and he's sent an email to the people who do medical volunteer/testing to see if he's eligible. (They call them "volunteers" but "compensate" for time/travel...so yeah?)

He is waiting for his EAD; bored, lonely, and depressed because he is unable to financially contribute to our situation

Hang in there!

Sounds like a good man. All will change when he starts "punching a clock" instead of you!

Being short on dough sure doesn't help either. That should change also when he gets working.

Be positive as some "implants" want to stay home and wear out the couch with the remote in one hand and bend their elbow for exercise with the other :blink:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

He is waiting for his EAD; bored, lonely, and depressed because he is unable to financially contribute to our situation

Hang in there!

Sounds like a good man. All will change when he starts "punching a clock" instead of you!

Being short on dough sure doesn't help either. That should change also when he gets working.

Be positive as some "implants" want to stay home and wear out the couch with the remote in one hand and bend their elbow for exercise with the other :blink:

Hah!

Thanks. :)

My mom has been calling him a "great catch" for the last several years that we've been together.

I think it's because he sent her Vday flowers last year and she hasn't been sent flowers in over a decade...;)

:thumbs: Communication works :yes:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

I think that his depression was interfering with this, but I've really poked him into finding some volunteer opportunities. He has orientation for one place this Saturday and he's sent an email to the people who do medical volunteer/testing to see if he's eligible. (They call them "volunteers" but "compensate" for time/travel...so yeah?)

Oh, I can relate...depression can be really debilitating. :( Volunteer work, IMO, would be the BEST thing for him to do and with no expectations on his part that he should like it right away or give up. He should tell himself to do it because people need his help. I can guarantee that eventually he'll start reaping the rewards. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.