Oleksandra

WHAT is the difference between K3 and Cr1 in waiting

5 posts in this topic

Hi to all !

Can you help us with advice,

after NOA2 on Cr1 and K3 we don't know what kind of visa to do K3 or Cr1,how do you think what is tehe generall timeline after NOA2 for K3 and what is the generall timeline for CR1?

You all probably know what it is to wait day by day without any news weather you was approved or not,and finally when we get our proval in CR1 and K3 we want so much to be together,but we don't know what to do,couse anyway CR1 we want definitely to make in Ukraine.

Anxiously wait for your advices,

Oleksandra

Hi to all !

after NOA2 on Cr1 and K3 we don't know what kind of visa to do K3 or Cr1,how do you think what is tehe generall timeline after NOA2 for K3 and what is the generall timeline for CR1?

You all probably know what it is to wait day by day without any news weather you was approved or not,and finally when we get our proval in CR1 and K3 we want so much to be together,but we don't know what to do,couse anyway CR1 we want definitely to make in Ukraine.

Oleksandra

Please fill in your timeline. It will help others help you. In seems from your other posts, that you have both petitions approved. Have either gone to NVC yet? If the I-129f goes to NVC first, the I-130 will be put on hold.

EDIT - I okay I see your timeline under LvivLovers profile. Please note that in your posts or perhaps fill in the same stuff on your timeline too :)

The K3 should go faster at this point. If the I-129f is forwarded to the NVC first, then the I-130 will be put on hold and it's better at that point to go with the K3.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi to all !

Oleksandra

Please fill in your timeline. It will help others help you. In seems from your other posts, that you have both petitions approved. Have either gone to NVC yet? If the I-129f goes to NVC first, the I-130 will be put on hold.

EDIT - I okay I see your timeline under LvivLovers profile. Please note that in your posts or perhaps fill in the same stuff on your timeline too :)

The K3 should go faster at this point. If the I-129f is forwarded to the NVC first, then the I-130 will be put on hold and it's better at that point to go with the K3.

Since both petitions were approved together, the current policy is to hold the I-130 until after arrival on the K3 visa and status adjustment is filed. Filing the I-129F is supposed to mean you've chosen to go the k3 route.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oleksandra is my wonderful wife! So her timeline is the same as mine. We are still waiting for the forms to be transferred to the NVC. They were both approved at the same time, but I also clearly marked (in several places) on our I-130 we would be following the consular route rather than AOS in the states. We'll see soon whether they honor this or not! But like my wife said, we are now having a hard time deciding whether to pursue the K3 just to get her here as quickly as possible and then return to Ukraine to get her CR1 when that process is completed, or whether to just pursue the CR1 so she doesn't need to make the trip back. I'm guessing another week to get our forms to the NVC (if both are transferred), then another week to get I-129F to the embassy, probably another 4-5 weeks to get the K3 interview. I'm expecting I-130 at the NVC to take about 2-3 months using JSC, followed by another 4-5 weeks to get the CR1 interview. My understanding is now the NVC assigns the interview date for CR1. Because of this I'm not sure if my other plan will work or not. I was going to try to time it so that we would request our K3 interview a little bit before our CR1 was completed and then try to change this to a CR1 interview instead. Was hoping to save a few weeks with this, but I don't know. Any ideas what the real difference in times may be between the CR1 and K3?

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Oleksandra is my wonderful wife! So her timeline is the same as mine. We are still waiting for the forms to be transferred to the NVC. They were both approved at the same time, but I also clearly marked (in several places) on our I-130 we would be following the consular route rather than AOS in the states. We'll see soon whether they honor this or not! But like my wife said, we are now having a hard time deciding whether to pursue the K3 just to get her here as quickly as possible and then return to Ukraine to get her CR1 when that process is completed, or whether to just pursue the CR1 so she doesn't need to make the trip back. I'm guessing another week to get our forms to the NVC (if both are transferred), then another week to get I-129F to the embassy, probably another 4-5 weeks to get the K3 interview. I'm expecting I-130 at the NVC to take about 2-3 months using JSC, followed by another 4-5 weeks to get the CR1 interview. My understanding is now the NVC assigns the interview date for CR1. Because of this I'm not sure if my other plan will work or not. I was going to try to time it so that we would request our K3 interview a little bit before our CR1 was completed and then try to change this to a CR1 interview instead. Was hoping to save a few weeks with this, but I don't know. Any ideas what the real difference in times may be between the CR1 and K3?

Ok, if your plan works, the difference will be at NVC and youy already have a good handle on that. If your CR1 case arrives on station before you K3 interview date, (even one day before) then you can request the interview be for the CR1 visa. The Consulate can use the most recent name check from the K3 case. The complication is any difference in the medical. CR1 requires the vaccinations, K visas don't require.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.