8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

So I finally found out what is delaying my AOS considering that the Louisville office is now processing I-485 applications received from 13 Feb 07 and we had a notice date of 21 Dec 06. Anyway, apparently the issue is that the FBI background check has been delayed on my case and we have been told that if there is no decision within six months we should enquire further :angry: !

What could possibly be taking so long? I checked on the FBI website and it stated that a namecheck should be completed within 60 days. Given that I worked for Thames Valley Police and the Ministry of Defence for over five years in the UK you would think that it would be easy to work out that my record is squeeky clean :whistle: .

Anyway we have scheduled an Info Pass Appointment for Louisville tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice that they can offer and suitable questions we should be asking the Immigration Officials?

It is beginning to look as though we won't be making it back to the UK for Christmas as we didn't think we'd need to file I-131 and I-765.

Kelly (USC) & Jeremy (UKC)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 Visa

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Date Filed : 2006-11-28

NOA Date : 2006-12-21

Bio. Appt. : 2006-12-15

Card Received: 2008-02-12

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Louisville KY

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-09-18

Approved Date : 2007-11-08

Date Card Received : 2007-11-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 51 days.

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-31

NOA Date : 2007-09-18

Date Received : 2007-11-09

Estimates/Stats : Your AP was approved in 31 days.

Don't take this as gospel but if I were you I would look to file an AP (I-131) pronto. I submitted mine at the start of June (as I intend to head back Ireland at Christmas) and it arrived in the post yesterday. There is no reason (that I am aware of) that you cannot submit one now.

IF the timeline were to be similar you would have it way before Christmas.

Just my 0.02, good luck.

AOS Application

AOS posted 5/30/2007

AOS arrived in Chicago 6/1/2007

NOA1 rcvd 6/11/2007, dated 6/6/2007

AOS/EAD/AP touched 6/10/2007

AOS/EAD/AP touched 6/11/2007

Rcvd AOS/EAD Biometrics appt. letter 6/19/2007

I130/EAD/AP touched 6/24/2007

AOS/EAD Biometrics appt. 7/6/2007

AOS/EAD touched 7/6/2007

AOS/EAD touched 7/9/2007

AP touched 8/14/2007

AP touched 8/15/2007

AP touched 8/16/2007

EAD approved 8/20 EAD Approved

Rcvd AP in post 8/22/2007 AP Approved

AOS Interview 9/26/2007

AOS Approved 9/26/2007

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence

I-751 mailed 07/06/09

I-751 arrived VSC 07/07/09

NOA1 dated 07/07/09

Biometrics 08/13/0

I-751 Approval 12/10/09 I-751 Approved

So I finally found out what is delaying my AOS considering that the Louisville office is now processing I-485 applications received from 13 Feb 07 and we had a notice date of 21 Dec 06. Anyway, apparently the issue is that the FBI background check has been delayed on my case and we have been told that if there is no decision within six months we should enquire further :angry: !

What could possibly be taking so long? I checked on the FBI website and it stated that a namecheck should be completed within 60 days. Given that I worked for Thames Valley Police and the Ministry of Defence for over five years in the UK you would think that it would be easy to work out that my record is squeeky clean :whistle: .

Anyway we have scheduled an Info Pass Appointment for Louisville tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice that they can offer and suitable questions we should be asking the Immigration Officials?

It is beginning to look as though we won't be making it back to the UK for Christmas as we didn't think we'd need to file I-131 and I-765.

For the most part the FBI namecheck does not take more than 3-6 months, however with the influx of filing in May - June, certainly there will be some delay presently. I think we should all expect that. It is slightly rarer to see people wait more than 6 months though (you can guess that most namechecks are ordered a bit after your receipt date on your AOS NOA).

What kind of suggestions are you looking for? There is nothing that can be done to speed up the process unless you want to take your chances and sue with WOM which can be a shot in the dark now.

My suggestion? Sit back and relax - and maybe apply for your EAD & AP if you need to. If you get processed soon it it would be a very nice surprise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Given that I worked for Thames Valley Police and the Ministry of Defence for over five years in the UK you would think that it would be easy to work out that my record is squeeky clean :whistle: .

Not necessarily... they might think you're a possible spy.

...Even if they don't it's a fun story to tell people while you wait. Good luck and I hope they get done with the FBI check soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.