churipu

July filers

283 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:dance::dance: And here I am to deliver my SUPER-DUPER good news!!!!! :dance::dance:

Not only I passed my interview with flying colors (to use the IO's words lol) I have my Oath Scheduled at 3:00 pm THIS AFTERNOON!!!!!!!! :dance::dance: Isn't that amazing?? When she told me the ceremony would be today I had to ask her to repeat it again because I thought my ears had just failed me :P I just came home for a bit, we'll drive there later on (the district office is only about 25 minutes drive)

Anyways...here's how it went. I arrived about 40 minutes prior my appointment's scheduled time, ended up being called over an hour later :wacko: . My IO wasn't a born American because she had a really thick Spanish accent that actually made it a bit difficult to understand her when she was talking, also because she spoke very subtle too...but she was very friendly and nice so I'm not complaining! :star: She made me raise my right hand to swear I would be telling the truth, then she started asking for my passport, ID and green card. She then asked me "Have you taken your test Mrs?"...me--> :help::lol: I wasn't sure what she meant by that so I asked "what test?", she said "I mean, have you been studying?" DUH! :P I panicked a bit because I was kinda nervous and thought that maybe I had forgotten to do something or whatever ...anyways..she proceeded to ask me the questions, I got lucky because they were really easy ones...I do not remember them all, only 5 out of 6 for some reason...

1.Who has the power to declare war?

2.When was the constitution written?

3.What colors are the stripes on our flag?

4.Where is the White House located?

5.What countries did we fight in WWII? (I was expecting this one since Italy is one of them :P )

6. I cannot remember this one...if I do I will post it later

Then I was asked to write "I have three children", she requested I write "3" both in word and figure.

She stopped telling me I passed the test, then she asked for the IRS tax transcripts.

Then she went over my N-400 form asking me all the YES/NO questions towards the end. She then asked for my personal info and all to see if I would match what was in the form. Then she updated my trips-outside-the-US list and enquired a bit about a long stay I had in Italy in 2007 (almost 6 months but for a week), she wrote down my explanation telling me they have to justify longer trips, then wrote down that I went to Italy again after I filed for the N-400. That was pretty much it. The last thing I had to do was of course to answer her question about whether or not I wanted to be a US Citizen and sign the form in front of her. That's when she handed me the paper about the ceremony at 3:00 pm today...which is also when my jaws dropped :D

I probably forgot some details... :P BTW it sounds longer than it actually was...the whole thing was probably no longer than 15 minutes after I was called inside.

I suppose I was not that lucky with the waiting time for the interview, but I really was blessed to be able to do everything in one day...Baltimore rocks!! :dance:

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, I might post later about the ceremony!

P.S.

For those who are interested, in Baltimore the spouse isn't allowed to be present at the interview.

Congratulations Churipu ... I am happy for you and your whole family :dance::dance::dance:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Churipu!!!!!!!!!! (F) (F) (F) (F) :star:

July big hump is almost over, good luck to rest of us who is waiting! :clock:

don't let USCIS affect your mood - Live Laugh Love! :goofy::luv:

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

08/2006 - 10/2007 - Lifting Conditions timeline

10/2007 - 6/26/2009 Citizenship, Los Angeles DO timeline

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

07/06/09 - NOA date (rec'd - 07/10) #WAC 09xxx3, touched.

07/08/09 - check cashed, #WAC 09xxx2 (not online)

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

09/14/09 - NVC case # assigned, emails registered

09/17/09 - email AOS bill received and paid online, ds3032 received and returned

09/21/09 - AOS bill status "PAID", FedExed out AOS, 09/24/09 delivered to NVC

09/28/09 - AVR:AOS acknowledged

10/02/09 - 3032 was acknol. by NVC, paid IV Bill online

10/05/09 - emails: 1 pm -RFE for 3032, 3 pm - IV bill, 5 pm - status PAID

10/09/09 - ds230 delivered to NVC at 9am

10/14/09 - AVR: Checklist response was received

10/20/09 - login failed! - between 5 pm and 9 pm PST, at 5 pm it was still working

10/21/09 - case complete! (AVR updated after 10 pm) = total NVC 37 days

10/28/09 - interview date email came at 6.30 pm, no AVR changes yet

10/30/09 - AVR: "Case sent to embassy on Oct 29" = total 4 months from delivery of i130 to USCIS

11/02/09 - Medical

11/20/09 - Interview - PASSED!!!

11/28 - POE: LAX

• 2 weeks later...
Received my oath ceremony letter. Scheduled for June 20! At the home stretch :D

Congratulations Arlie.. I'm still waiting mine :crying::blink:.

11/03/2007 - Mailed N-400

11/05/2007 - Delivered to NSC

11/09/2007 - Checked Cashed

11/10/2007 - Return Signature Receipt Received

11/05/2007 - Priority Date

12/03/2007 - NOA1 Receipt Notice Received

12/13/2007 - NOA2 Fingerprints Received

01/02/2008 - Fingerprinting Done

02/11/2008 - NOA3 Interview Notice Received - April 10th, 2008

04/10/2008 - Interview Done - APPROVED

08/15/2008 - Oath Letter Received

09/10/2008 - US Citizen

09/24/2008 - Applied for US Passport

10/06/2008 - US Passport Received

10/09/2008 - Passport Card and Naturalization Certificate Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congratulations Arlie :thumbs:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Here is my last post to this topic.... after 10 months, I am now a US citizen :dance:

Here is my time line.

Application sent: 07.28.2007

Received by INS: 07.30.2007

Check cleared : 10.26.2007 (paid old fees)

Notice of action : 11.09.2007

Fingerprint Notice: 11.13.2007

Fingerprints Taken: appointment for 12.04.2007

Interview letter: 02.29. 2008

Interview date: 04.11.2008

Naturalization Oath date: 05.28.2008

The ceremony held at Denver on May 28th, was the largest ever in the Rocky Mountain Region. There were 1800 of us that were naturalized on that day. Even though the group was huge - the ceremony was well planned and efficiently organized. In addition they had made it very special - so I consider myself lucky to have been part of this ceremony.

Also the district director in his speech said that they planned to have 12000 naturalizations completed before the elections for our district. (9000 of which had already been completed).

Best of luck to the last few 2007 july filers who are still awaiting your naturalization ceremonies. Cant be long before all of the july filers finish with this process.

• 3 weeks later...
I got my new interview date today - 19 June, 5.30pm --10 weeks after original date!

Annatenna,

As you and I have both more or less been on the same road throughout this journey, I had tomorrow (June 19) marked on my calendar so I could remember to wish you the very best wishes for your interview! :thumbs:

It must be an absolutely extraordinary feeling to be so close to finishing, and both Tony's and my thoughts are with you! You go, girlfriend!!!!! :dance:

Denise

Edited by DDL

Visit my Blog

Hi Denise - thank you so much for the good wishes - mine back to you and your husband when the time comes. I've a longish stopry to tell and we stayed uin OKC for a couple of nights - just arrived back last night and managed to scribble a report of my story :

I'm at last one step nearer to the end of the citizenship road.

My interview at 5.30pm on Thursday went smoothly, but more by good luck than good management. The previous afternoon, chatting with my husband's daughter-in-law, we touched on the subject of my upcoming interview, and the matter of how long it'd be before an Oath Ceremony to complete the matter. She mentioned that she knew someone who might be able to find out for me when I'd be likely to be called to the swearing-in ceremony, and promised to call them. Later that evening she called me back with some (what I thought was) devastating news. Her contact had been able to speak to the person who would be interviewing me and was told that my second lot of fingerprints (taken back in February) had been rejected by FBI (again). Nobody told me!!!!

I've waited 10 weeks from my original interview date when I was sent away due to "staff sickness" . They have had 3 months to tell me there was a problem and that I'd have to obtain statements from city, county and state police departments as to my criminal background (or lack of it) before my case can go forward.

I was given this information purely through a lucky chance, by phone, on Wednesday evening. As my interview was 5.30p, we had all day Thursday to try to obtain the necessary documents. I did it, visited sheriff's office, then local police department in our town, then the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation in OKC, and was able to produce the three signed/sealed statemements at the interview, otherwise I suppose my file would have gone back to the bottom of the pile AGAIN!

I also had to make a personal statement on the criminal background topic and sign it with a witness present.

The rest of the interview was much as I've read in reports of other applicants. Swear an oath to tell the truth. Hand over green card and passport for checking. Go through questions on N400 checking all my replies. Sign form.Write name on 2 of my photos,

then

Civics questions - I got the first 6 right so didn't go further.

Questions were, as near as I can recall --

What is the USA's national anthem?

Who is the Vice President?

What is the head of a city government called?

What is The Constitution?

Who makes laws in the USA?

How many terms can a president serve?

The interviewer told me that it could be 2 or three months to Oath Ceremony. Because the court house doesn't have capacity for za large enough number of new citizens they are arranging extra sessions at the USCIS building. they ahve three extras coming up next week (150 people), and might do the same next month. I might or might not be included. It'll be August or September if not, I guess.

Didn't ask to see any of the other documents detailed in the interview letter.

Start to finish 25 minutes.

I was so relieved to have had the prior information about my fingerprints - just in the nick of time to do something about it, so I'm not going to sweat it about the Oath Ceremony. I'll wait (im)patiently

N400 to TSC - 26 July 2007

PO confirmed signed for - 30 July 2007

Cheque cashed - 19 November 2007

NOA -Rec'd 26 Nov 2007 (Notice date 20 Nov)

PD - 27July 2007

FP -Notice received 6 December

FP Appt. 17 Dec. 2007

FP re-do appointment 22 January 2008

IL received 25 February 2008

Interview date 11 April 2008 1.05PM OKC

Interview postponed on day of attendance

New interview date 19 June 2008

• 2 weeks later...

Yipeeeee! I got my oath Ceremony letter yesterday - it'll be

25 July at 9.30am Oklahoma City Courthouse.

The end is actually in sight!!!!

Good luck to all still waiting - surely I must be that last of the July 2007 people?

The Oath Ceremony will be one day short of a year from I posted my N400!

Yipeeeee! I got my oath Ceremony letter yesterday - it'll be

25 July at 9.30am Oklahoma City Courthouse.

The end is actually in sight!!!!

Good luck to all still waiting - surely I must be that last of the July 2007 people?

The Oath Ceremony will be one day short of a year from I posted my N400!

Congratulations annatenna.... at last the final count down to oath ceremony :star:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Annatenna, FINALLY!!! After a year it's over! CONGRATS! :dance:

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Thanks churipu - it's been a long haul for all of us July filers. Thank goodness the end is in sight for the last few stragglers , like myself, now.

You really had a super-quick finish after the long wait early on - I would probably have been neck and neck with you if it hadn't been for those USCIS staff going sick on my interview day.

Good Luck to you and all other new US citizens on VJ for future happiness in our new homeland.

N400 to TSC - 26 July 2007

PO confirmed signed for - 30 July 2007

Cheque cashed - 19 November 2007

NOA -Rec'd 26 Nov 2007 (Notice date 20 Nov)

PD - 27July 2007

FP -Notice received 6 December

FP Appt. 17 Dec. 2007

FP re-do appointment 22 January 2008

IL received 25 February 2008

Interview date 11 April 2008 1.05PM OKC

Interview postponed on day of attendance - staff sickness

New interview date 19 June 2008 - passed

Oath Ceremony letter received 30 June, Appointment 25 July 9.30am Oklahoma City federal Courthouse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.