Mrs S

How do I make sure my exhusband has lost his green card?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
:angry::angry:

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Im a very sorry to hear this Mrs S. You sure made the right decision and I am happy to hear you are far from him now. After 14 years its more than likely that his GC has expired a long time ago, as other said. And I have read somewhere that you can lose it for living more than 1 year outside the US so I would say its pretty safe to say that he doesnt have one anymore.

Not having a green card, and not being able to re-enter the USA to cast the OP and her children in harm's way are not the same.

I don't know why you are quoting me, but didn't, at any time, say that she was totally safe from him re-entering the USA. I used the word safe in the context of an expression where I was commenting on the green card only. My apologiy if it was misunderstood but it was never said to mean she was safe from him or his actions.

I do second your advice about reporting him to ICE.

I wasn't making a comment on "safety" but rather on your suggestion that she is far from him now. Far, after all, with the ability to re-enter the USA as a tourist, would only be an airplane ride away.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline
If this man is as dangerous as he sounds, and if he's from Luxembourg, (A Visa Waiver country, if I remember correctly) there's nothing to stop him from coming here, albeit as a tourist. You might be wise reporting your concerns as to your and your daugthers' safety to ICE. Of course, while you have little proof to effect any steps against his return, perhaps some notation might be made on the record.

While this is good advice, I am still left wondering how you know that the OP has "little proof." Seems like a major assumption to me..

Perhaps, but if the OP had enough proofs she would not be dealing with the concern of him being able to use his green card to reside in the USA. He'd be in a penitentiary somewhere in Europe.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

[

Perhaps, but if the OP had enough proofs she would not be dealing with the concern of him being able to use his green card to reside in the USA. He'd be in a penitentiary somewhere in Europe.

Have lots of proof and witnesses, but he is still running around free. That is the luxembourg system! he is from there and I am a foreigner and they stick with their own. Remember what he did to me was witnessed by HIS OWN children. I will need to have the court papers translated from French into English. It clearly states in those papers what he did. I am not concerned about him residing in the US, I am just concerned about HIM.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.