Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here's the clinic website with lots of information. http://www.visamedicals.info/us.asp

They answer their phone and can help, unlike USCIS or the embassy. Ring them up and and ask your questions about pertussis. Theoretically, yes you need pertussis if you have no record of a dose anytime in your life. Will they sign you off with just Td...maybe. I think they have for others. When my husband went under previous staff (2008), they were hard line, specifically on pertussis. They told him he needed the full tetanus/diptheria/pertussis because he hadn't had it as a child.

Thanks. I did find an old thread on here with lot's of people saying they got through the London clinic with only a Td. But that thread was a few years old so it may be different now. I'll call them and see.

I have my vaccination history, but not my medical history. Do I need my whole medical history as well? I thought I just needed the vaccination history?

You need to give them a "history" on a check list? Do out have cancer? Do you have heart problems? Have you had any surgery? Have you done drugs? But you do not take copies of your medical files. They never see those. If you have had any particular issues or take meds, then they likely want your doctor to write a brief report telling them about it. He does not copy and send the medical files.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

You need to give them a "history" on a check list? Do out have cancer? Do you have heart problems? Have you had any surgery? Have you done drugs? But you do not take copies of your medical files. They never see those. If you have had any particular issues or take meds, then they likely want your doctor to write a brief report telling them about it. He does not copy and send the medical files.

Oh, okay. That's great, thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm ready to book my medical for next week now we have the london case number, police certificate and up to date with my jags. How long roughly does the medical take so I can arrange flights?

Also, does it matter if I submit my note of readiness before having the medical or after? Will it quicken the process for my eventual interview at the embassy? We think we now have all the documents required.

Cheers

John

Hi All,

I'm ready to book my medical for next week now we have the london case number, police certificate and up to date with my jags. How long roughly does the medical take so I can arrange flights?

Also, does it matter if I submit my note of readiness before having the medical or after? Will it quicken the process for my eventual interview at the embassy? We think we now have all the documents required.

Cheers

John

The Readiness for Interview form is not related to your medical in terms of how soon you interview. You pick your own interview date online now. Submit it when you have all the interview documents in hand.

Better yet, just follow what London tells you to do...Step 1, Step 2, etc. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Okay, so I have my medical exam on Tuesday and just want to check a couple of things.

On the website it says to bring "Vaccination records, with original certification", Im not sure what it means by "original certification". I went to my doctor and asked for a copy of my vaccination history and they just printed it out for me. I have attached a picture of what I was given, will this be okay?

Secondly, the passport photos that I need to take, do they need to be US dimensions or will UK ones be okay?

Thank you for your help.

post-237056-0-98734800-1466889110_thumb.jpg

Okay, so I have my medical exam on Tuesday and just want to check a couple of things.

On the website it says to bring "Vaccination records, with original certification", Im not sure what it means by "original certification". I went to my doctor and asked for a copy of my vaccination history and they just printed it out for me. I have attached a picture of what I was given, will this be okay?

Secondly, the passport photos that I need to take, do they need to be US dimensions or will UK ones be okay?

Thank you for your help.

Yes. That printout is okay. Four UK size photos are okay for the medical. They accept either size.

Looks like you only lack Tdap for the shots.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Yes. That printout is okay. Four UK size photos are okay for the medical. They accept either size.

Looks like you only lack Tdap for the shots.

Well, I have had the Tetanus and Diphtheria vaccinations, I'm just missing Pertussis. Some people have said that they got through without having to the TDaP just for Pertussis, but others haven't. So I guess we'll just see on the day.

Thanks for your help.

Well, I have had the Tetanus and Diphtheria vaccinations, I'm just missing Pertussis. Some people have said that they got through without having to the TDaP just for Pertussis, but others haven't. So I guess we'll just see on the day.

Thanks for your help.

Your Tetanus/diphtheria was in 2000. That's 16 years ago. Must have one no longer than 10 years ago.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I received notification from my lawyer on the 15th of June that I have my interview date set at the embassy in London for the 20th of July. I have my medical tomorrow and thought I had everything ready, however I'm only just reading about this "notification of readiness" or online statuses being set to "ready". Where to I log in to check this status? How much of an issue will it be if my status is not set to ready? (I am applying for a CR1 visa, not a K visa, does that make a difference?) I'd really appreciate any help with this asap, thank you!

Timeline

I received notification from my lawyer on the 15th of June that I have my interview date set at the embassy in London for the 20th of July. I have my medical tomorrow and thought I had everything ready, however I'm only just reading about this "notification of readiness" or online statuses being set to "ready". Where to I log in to check this status? How much of an issue will it be if my status is not set to ready? (I am applying for a CR1 visa, not a K visa, does that make a difference?) I'd really appreciate any help with this asap, thank you!

Ah, okay. I think I've found it. Is this (see attachment) what I need? Does this mean that my documents are at the embassy in London?

post-237056-0-59509400-1467037623_thumb.png

Yes it makes a difference for CR1 going through NVC. Your processing and interview selection is all done at NVC. You do not fill in and submit the online Readiness for Interview form. NVC knows you are ready because they have seen your forms and documents. K1s fill out an online readiness form where they give their word they have all their documents for the interview because nobody looks at them beforehand.

This is the form for K1s and CR1 DCF applicants )not you) https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/notification-of-applicant-readiness-form/

This is where you can check your status https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Yes it makes a difference for CR1 going through NVC. Your processing and interview selection is all done at NVC. You do not fill in and submit the online Readiness for Interview form. NVC knows you are ready because they have seen your forms and documents. K1s fill out an online readiness form where they give their word they have all their documents for the interview because nobody looks at them beforehand.

This is the form for K1s and CR1 DCF applicants )not you) https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/notification-of-applicant-readiness-form/

This is where you can check your status https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

That's great. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.