Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

its straightforward, don't worry. I had mine last thursday, and it was ok.

Went in for the Chest X-ray first. If you wear any neck jewellery you will have to remove it - so if it is difficult to remove quickly, best to leave it at home! It only took 30 seconds for the X-ray, breathe in - breathe out - get dressed.

back in the waiting room, and then i went to see the nurse. Needed two jabs, MMR booster and Tdap / dtap (can't remember which way around it is!). All done very quickly. she will mark your vaccination form (ds3025 / 1-693) as incomplete, but don't worry - that is for everyone (because tetanus needs to be done every ten years). She was sound, and it was really quick too. Will ask about chicken pox and maybe allergies too.

Back to waiting room again, then into see the doctor.

the doctor went through the questionaire they give you to fill in when you arrive. straightforward enough. then a height and weight thing, and then the eye test. If you wear glasses bring them along! Then, sit on the bed, doctors does a blood test and takes your blood pressure. Checks your chest and back with stethoscope, and then pants down - checks your privates, hernia and presses your stomach. Finally, gets you to sign the picture you provided and you are done.

You leave the room and pretty much go straight to reception desk to pay, and you are out. They will tell you when your results should be passed to embassy, and that if you do not hear from them then everything is good (usually within 3-4 working days).

very professional staff, and friendly too. fee was high, but it is the same for everyone.

good luck, and i hope this review helped!

Thank you! I find it quite intimidating but every positive review makes me feel better. I'll post my own review once I'm done. Am sure the interview will be an anticlimax after standing naked and having my privates checked lol.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Weren't your other two threads on this enough? I know someone who went through Knightsbridge a month ago with a past history of depression and the doctors note was all they needed. Please stop trying to scare other people that depression in the past will get them denied as it won't.

Explain why it's happening to us then!!!!!

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Hey Nich (or anyone for that matter)

If our medical at Knightsbridge was on April 16th, how long should I wait before I start bugging NVC or emailing the embassy if they recieved the doctor's results?

I-129F Date: September 24th 2013
I-129F delivered (via USPS update): September 27th 2013 4:40 am
Check cashed: 10/2/2013 
NOA1 email: 10/2/2013
NOA1 hardcopy arrived: 10/7/2013

Alien registration number recieved: 10/21/2013
NOA2 email: 11/7/2013  only 37 days between NOA1 and NOA2...

NOA2 hard copy recieved: 11/12/2013
USCIS shipped I-129F approved petition to NVC: 12/9/2013
NVC receives petition: 12/17/2013

NVC ships petition to London embassy: 12/19/2013
London receives petition: 12/23/2013

CEAC marked as ready: 12/23/2013
Random CEAC status updated date: 12/27/2013

Readiness of Action form submitted: 3/11/2014 (original medical date of 3/12 delayed...)
Medical in London: 4/16/2014
Packet 4 received: 4/28/2014
Interview date: 5/12/2014 APPROVED!!! 

Enter US:  August 2014

Married:  October 2014

Adjustment of status paperwork sent:  End October 2014

Biometrics:  November 2014

Letter from USCIS telling us backlog, expecting an answer in 6 months:  Feb 2015

Interview with USCIS:  August 2015.  Agent says will be approving

Receive Greencard:  Sep 2015

File for Removing of Conditions:  7/27/17

NOA1 Letter:  Dated 8/1, receive 8/5

For the record he handwritten the letter of intent in his own words. Also he does hold a job and has had jobs in the past. Not many but he has. Also the faxed letter of intent was approved when VJers said it wouldn't be. Get your facts straight nich.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Hey Nich (or anyone for that matter)

If our medical at Knightsbridge was on April 16th, how long should I wait before I start bugging NVC or emailing the embassy if they recieved the doctor's results?

They don't really want to answer that kind of question for the whole world (not just London). That could be why DOS quit giving out info. Too many people asking "did you get this or that" , leaving them little time to sort out real problems. Assume your results were received yesterday (Friday and Monday were embassy holidays). If you have also submitted the Readiness for Interview for, then you are set. I have seen people recently who got an interview letter in about 2 weeks (fast!) rather than the 4-6 the embassy says to allow. So wait until May 6 before you get too antsy is my suggestion. (May 5 is another embassy holiday).

You can see how the average processing times change by looking at these graphs. London is shown http://www.visajourney.com/content/consulate-k1-historical. Up and down, so always hard to guess on a timeline.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

They don't really want to answer that kind of question for the whole world (not just London). That could be why DOS quit giving out info. Too many people asking "did you get this or that" , leaving them little time to sort out real problems. Assume your results were received yesterday (Friday and Monday were embassy holidays). If you have also submitted the Readiness for Interview for, then you are set. I have seen people recently who got an interview letter in about 2 weeks (fast!) rather than the 4-6 the embassy says to allow. So wait until May 6 before you get too antsy is my suggestion. (May 5 is another embassy holiday).

You can see how the average processing times change by looking at these graphs. London is shown http://www.visajourney.com/content/consulate-k1-historical. Up and down, so always hard to guess on a timeline.

Sounds good Nich. Thanks for answering this. Was afraid this question might get missed with the current issues populating the threads in regards to Knightsbridge.

I submitted the readiness form in Mid march (original medical date was March 12th) then she got bronchitis so we postponed it a month to April 16th, so as a precaution, I submitted the readiness form again.

I'll try to hold my antsiness and not bug them until either May 6th, or the date changes on the CEAC website. Whichever comes first. Thanks again

I-129F Date: September 24th 2013
I-129F delivered (via USPS update): September 27th 2013 4:40 am
Check cashed: 10/2/2013 
NOA1 email: 10/2/2013
NOA1 hardcopy arrived: 10/7/2013

Alien registration number recieved: 10/21/2013
NOA2 email: 11/7/2013  only 37 days between NOA1 and NOA2...

NOA2 hard copy recieved: 11/12/2013
USCIS shipped I-129F approved petition to NVC: 12/9/2013
NVC receives petition: 12/17/2013

NVC ships petition to London embassy: 12/19/2013
London receives petition: 12/23/2013

CEAC marked as ready: 12/23/2013
Random CEAC status updated date: 12/27/2013

Readiness of Action form submitted: 3/11/2014 (original medical date of 3/12 delayed...)
Medical in London: 4/16/2014
Packet 4 received: 4/28/2014
Interview date: 5/12/2014 APPROVED!!! 

Enter US:  August 2014

Married:  October 2014

Adjustment of status paperwork sent:  End October 2014

Biometrics:  November 2014

Letter from USCIS telling us backlog, expecting an answer in 6 months:  Feb 2015

Interview with USCIS:  August 2015.  Agent says will be approving

Receive Greencard:  Sep 2015

File for Removing of Conditions:  7/27/17

NOA1 Letter:  Dated 8/1, receive 8/5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

For the record he handwritten the letter of intent in his own words. Also he does hold a job and has had jobs in the past. Not many but he has. Also the faxed letter of intent was approved when VJers said it wouldn't be. Get your facts straight nich.

:rofl: I really don't know what your problem is, Nich Nick (and others) have offered you good advice and you've ignored them. The posts you've made are often more primary school than adults posting about emigrating. Having said that I know how stressful this process is so I wish you and your fiance luck with the medical and interview.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for this also. Had mine on Thursday last week so hoping it will be have delivered to embassy today! Nich nick really do have all the answers!

Oh another question. Does ceac status get updated date when they log medical results? Also does this happen on same day they get them or the next day?!

Thanks!

Spoiler

K1 Journey:
2nd Jan 2014: I-129F Package Sent to USCIS (TSC)
8th Jan 2014: Check Cashed
13th Jan 2014: NOA1 (Hard Copy)
13th Jan 2014: Alien Registration Number Changed
28th Feb 2014: NOA2 (Online)
6th Mar 2014: NOA2 (Hard Copy)
11th Mar 2014: Sent to NVC
31st Mar 2014: Received at London Embassy
3rd Apr 2014: Packet 3 received
8th Apr 2014: Packet 3 sent
17th Apr 2014: Medical / 24th Apr 2014: Medical Sent to Embassy / 25th Apr 2014: Medical Logged by Embassy
30th Apr 2014: Interview Letter Received
19th May 2014: Interview (Approved)
21st May 2014: Visa Issued / 27th May 2014: Visa in Hand
16th June 2014: POE Chicago
30th Jun: Wedding!
25th Jul: AOS / EAD / AP Sent
15th Aug: Check Cashed
19th Aug: NOA1 Hard Copies Received (I-485, I-131, I-765)
29th Aug: Biometrics Letter Received 12th Sep: Biometrics Completed
20th Sep: NOA2 - EAD/AP Approved
22nd Sep: AOS moved to 'Testing and Interview'
25th Sep: EAD/AP Mailed & Tracking Number Provided (at 8.30pm)
27th Sep: EAD/AP Card Received in Mail
11th Nov: Interview Letter Received
17th Dec: Interview - APPROVED
17th Dec: Card in Production
17th Dec: Welcome Letter Mailed / 22nd Dec: Welcome Letter Received / 26th Dec: Green Card Received

16th Sep 2016: ROC Package Mailed to VSC

19 Sep: NOA 1 (Received in mail on 24 Sep)

21 Sep: Check Cashed

06 Oct: Biometrics Letter Received

18 Oct: Biometrics Appt

24 Aug 2017: I-751 Approved

28 Aug: Approval Letter Received

8 Sep: Card in Production

13 Sep: Card Mailed / 15 Sep: Card Received 

18 Sep: N-400 Sent via Mail to Dallas, TX / 20 Sep: NOA 1 / 21 Sep: Payment Cashed / 28 Sep: NOA 1 in Mail

6 Oct: Letter for Biometrics Received / 16 Oct: Biometrics Appt

Thanks for this also. Had mine on Thursday last week so hoping it will be have delivered to embassy today! Nich nick really do have all the answers!

Oh another question. Does ceac status get updated date when they log medical results? Also does this happen on same day they get them or the next day?!

Thanks!

I think the date changes anytime they access your file so it makes sense that if they log your medical as received, the date could change. I think it could change if you sent an email request and they had to look at your file. Maybe when they issue an Interview date there is an update. I have not seen (from reading posts) a specific pattern that could be depended upon. Maybe one guy hits the "update key" and another forgets to do that. Maybe there is a pile of medicals and they don't work them the same day they arrive. Maybe they catch up the next day, and maybe not for three days. It's all kind of a waiting game where we dream up scenarios to occupy our restless minds. I don't know a "for sure" answer. But I have read many experiences that don't form a concrete pattern in my mind.

It's really hard to wait, especially for a generation who lives in the electronic age where we want instant everything...text messages from folks, instant picture sharing, tweets to know what's going on as it happens, "likes" from friends who approve our thoughts. It sucks to be in the dark and not have that immediate feedback.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

ok thanks again for the answer! i hope it is safe to assume all is well with my medical as i have not heard yet, and it is now Wednesday evening (london time), and i had it last thursday (taking into account the two bank holidays).

Spoiler

K1 Journey:
2nd Jan 2014: I-129F Package Sent to USCIS (TSC)
8th Jan 2014: Check Cashed
13th Jan 2014: NOA1 (Hard Copy)
13th Jan 2014: Alien Registration Number Changed
28th Feb 2014: NOA2 (Online)
6th Mar 2014: NOA2 (Hard Copy)
11th Mar 2014: Sent to NVC
31st Mar 2014: Received at London Embassy
3rd Apr 2014: Packet 3 received
8th Apr 2014: Packet 3 sent
17th Apr 2014: Medical / 24th Apr 2014: Medical Sent to Embassy / 25th Apr 2014: Medical Logged by Embassy
30th Apr 2014: Interview Letter Received
19th May 2014: Interview (Approved)
21st May 2014: Visa Issued / 27th May 2014: Visa in Hand
16th June 2014: POE Chicago
30th Jun: Wedding!
25th Jul: AOS / EAD / AP Sent
15th Aug: Check Cashed
19th Aug: NOA1 Hard Copies Received (I-485, I-131, I-765)
29th Aug: Biometrics Letter Received 12th Sep: Biometrics Completed
20th Sep: NOA2 - EAD/AP Approved
22nd Sep: AOS moved to 'Testing and Interview'
25th Sep: EAD/AP Mailed & Tracking Number Provided (at 8.30pm)
27th Sep: EAD/AP Card Received in Mail
11th Nov: Interview Letter Received
17th Dec: Interview - APPROVED
17th Dec: Card in Production
17th Dec: Welcome Letter Mailed / 22nd Dec: Welcome Letter Received / 26th Dec: Green Card Received

16th Sep 2016: ROC Package Mailed to VSC

19 Sep: NOA 1 (Received in mail on 24 Sep)

21 Sep: Check Cashed

06 Oct: Biometrics Letter Received

18 Oct: Biometrics Appt

24 Aug 2017: I-751 Approved

28 Aug: Approval Letter Received

8 Sep: Card in Production

13 Sep: Card Mailed / 15 Sep: Card Received 

18 Sep: N-400 Sent via Mail to Dallas, TX / 20 Sep: NOA 1 / 21 Sep: Payment Cashed / 28 Sep: NOA 1 in Mail

6 Oct: Letter for Biometrics Received / 16 Oct: Biometrics Appt

Its pretty safe to assume all is well with your medical unless you have some issues. I knew when i walked out that it was fine.

Timeline

Has anybody got a copy of a consulate letter to a GP for clarification on depression / anxiety. I'm off to my GP on Friday and following VJ advice going to get a supporting letter to cover a short period when I lost my business.

I'm going to get the GP to state the facts...dates, medication and outcome (i.e cured) but don't want to miss anything 'obvious' without asking on here.

Best

Rich

Has anybody got a copy of a consulate letter to a GP for clarification on depression / anxiety. I'm off to my GP on Friday and following VJ advice going to get a supporting letter to cover a short period when I lost my business.

I'm going to get the GP to state the facts...dates, medication and outcome (i.e cured) but don't want to miss anything 'obvious' without asking on here.

Best

Rich

It is always good to have the specific wording somewhere in there that he treated you and never considered you "to be a threat to yourself or others". Or he no longer considers you "to be a threat to yourself or others". That is one of the concerns of immigration...harmful behaviors. So if your doctor addresses that topic, it will be helpful to the Knightsbridge staff doctor when he makes his evaluation.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

It is always good to have the specific wording somewhere in there that he treated you and never considered you "to be a threat to yourself or others". Or he no longer considers you "to be a threat to yourself or others". That is one of the concerns of immigration...harmful behaviors. So if your doctor addresses that topic, it will be helpful to the Knightsbridge staff doctor when he makes his evaluation.

Thank you for the reply.

I am following the instructions on here (which are great) but just wanted to check on this point. My GP is behind me 100% and there is a defined start and finish date to what happened with the emphasis on the the fact that there was finish date.

There was no issues of self harm or harming others and in basic terms just got my head stuck up my backside after having to close my business. I am going to get my GP to compile a report stating, diagnosis, start date, interventions and finish date with no lasting effects as well as I am not a threat to myself or others unless I have had a curry :rofl:

My post was only to identify if there is any other specific information that would not be obvious at this stage.

Best

Richard

Edited by Sheri&Rich

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.