Kotenochek

Evidence for K1 Interview!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am new to this forum, and my interview in coming up this Friday (August 17th). I am curious to know what evidence everyone brought to the interview. For instance how many e-mails, how many months of phone records,how many pictures, if you brought any cards from flowers, etc."

Thank You for support!

Iya and Alex

Timeline

Hi Iya,

For my wife's K3 interview (I know yours is K1, but as far as evidence of a real relationship they want to see the same things) she brought the following things:

• Pictures of us together from both my trips to Russia
  • Transaction history of my calling card account for the time since we met (1 year). I don't think this counted because it didn't show the actual phone numbers called
  • Copies of my cell phone bills which showed records of incoming and outgoing SMS messages. We texed each other about 10 times per day each for the last year, so we had 60 pages of records even in a tiny font ;)
  • Greeting cards which I had given her
  • Most of our emails for the past year
  • Emails to and from my other family members (mom, dad, aunt, grandparents)
  • A copy of our wedding invitation for our upcoming ceremony in the US and pictures of her dress

That's really about it. The consular officer didn't even ask to see the phone records or emails. He had a copy of my affidavit that I submitted with my I-129f that told the story of how we met, and he mostly just asked her about how we met and made sure the story was the same. He picked out a few of our pictures and asked her to talk about them. He also looked at our wedding invitation.

I hope this helps and my wife and I wish you the best of luck!!

Timeline
Hi Iya,

For my wife's K3 interview (I know yours is K1, but as far as evidence of a real relationship they want to see the same things) she brought the following things:

• Transaction history of my calling card account for the time since we met (1 year). I don't think this counted because it didn't show the actual phone numbers called
  • Copies of my cell phone bills which showed records of incoming and outgoing SMS messages. We texed each other about 10 times per day each for the last year, so we had 60 pages of records even in a tiny font ;)
  • A copy of our wedding invitation for our upcoming ceremony in the US and pictures of her dress

That's really about it. The consular officer didn't even ask to see the phone records or emails. He had a copy of my affidavit that I submitted with my I-129f that told the story of how we met, and he mostly just asked her about how we met and made sure the story was the same. He picked out a few of our pictures and asked her to talk about them. He also looked at our wedding invitation.

Hi There,

Thanks for the info:)Hope she gets there safe and you will start your family life you been waiting for so long:)

Hallo to Alina:)

Hi Iya,

Hi There,

Thanks for the info:)Hope she gets there safe and you will start your family life you been waiting for so long:)

Hallo to Alina:)

Good advice, anything that shows that you communicate on a regular basis is best. Other good pictures to bring are of where you live, your family,etc that way it is if you are introducing your fiance etc.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Evidence my fiancee brought to her interview -

A few printed e-mails (with photos I'd sent to her) (6?)

Several postal letters we'd exchanged over the years (5?)

A few photos I'd sent her in the letters

.... and that's about it. She didn't have phone records or a whole "box" of evidence, she just had a few simple things of us together. They were genuine articles from our relationship. That's all you need. The evidence portion is actually just a small part of the interview. It's only to "support" that you're in a real relationship and not being brought over strictly on a scam. If you can "sell" your story to them, you're OK! Just make sure the evidence you take with you is something someone that doesn't know either of you would look at and say to themself "Wow, this guy really likes this girl" or "this girl really likes this guy" or "They really like each other."

Simple. Lovey-dovey mushy stuff should do just fine. And don't hide any of the sexy stuff either. There's no better way to prove you're intimate than an "I wanna...... you like an animal" e-mail.

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Evidence my fiancee brought to her interview -

A few printed e-mails (with photos I'd sent to her) (6?)

Several postal letters we'd exchanged over the years (5?)

A few photos I'd sent her in the letters

.... and that's about it. She didn't have phone records or a whole "box" of evidence, she just had a few simple things of us together. They were genuine articles from our relationship. That's all you need. The evidence portion is actually just a small part of the interview. It's only to "support" that you're in a real relationship and not being brought over strictly on a scam. If you can "sell" your story to them, you're OK! Just make sure the evidence you take with you is something someone that doesn't know either of you would look at and say to themself "Wow, this guy really likes this girl" or "this girl really likes this guy" or "They really like each other."

Simple. Lovey-dovey mushy stuff should do just fine. And don't hide any of the sexy stuff either. There's no better way to prove you're intimate than an "I wanna...... you like an animal" e-mail.

Thank You Slim for Your advice:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.