Max2

Criminal history report

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My document was sent from NVC to Uzbekistan embassy two weeks ago. Last week they called my fiancée from the embassy and asked her to come by and pickup her package. The interview time is set for September 4. I am very, very happy about it and hope the next three weeks go very quickly. :dance:

Over the next few days I will be sending her all the required documents. Since I met my fiancée through an online agency (bought her profile and wrote her an email). I also indicated this fact in the K-1 petition. I have no criminal history with regard to the “specified crimes” under IMBRA. So, can she be asked in the interview if she has seen my criminal history report? If so, do I need to get and send her my criminal history record?

Thanks in advance,

Max.

Petition for first fiancée visa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006-01-31 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2006-01-31 - NOA1

2006-04-25 - It became clear that our relationship wound not work-out

2006-05-02 - NOA2

2006-05-12 - My attorney advised me that no further action regarding the withdrawal of the approved petition is required.

2006-09-01 - NOA2 expired and she never set foot on U.S. soil

Petition for second fiancée visa (not the same woman as the first)

2007-02-28 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2007-03-08 - NOA1

2007-06-07 - Recieved Intend to Deny (IMBRA). - Request for waiver of limitation

2007-06-15 - Mailed in the request for waiver as well as the supporting documents

2007-06-20 - CSC Received package

2007-06-28 - Touched

2007-06-29 - NOA2 was approved

2007-07-05 - Received NOA2

2007-07-10 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-18 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-23 - Called NVC - They have not received the package yet

2007-07-24 - Called CSC - The file is in waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-26 - Called NVC and was told that they received the package yesterday and was sent to the embassy today

2007-08-04 - Interview date is set for 09/04/2007

2007-09-04 - Interview went very well and told her to return tomorrow and pickup her passport and visa

2007-09-05 - Told her there is a technical difficulty and the embassy will contact her when the visa is ready

2007-09-14 - She finally received her visa

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My document was sent from NVC to Uzbekistan embassy two weeks ago. Last week they called my fiancée from the embassy and asked her to come by and pickup her package. The interview time is set for September 4. I am very, very happy about it and hope the next three weeks go very quickly. :dance:

Over the next few days I will be sending her all the required documents. Since I met my fiancée through an online agency (bought her profile and wrote her an email). I also indicated this fact in the K-1 petition. I have no criminal history with regard to the “specified crimes” under IMBRA. So, can she be asked in the interview if she has seen my criminal history report? If so, do I need to get and send her my criminal history record?

Thanks in advance,

Max.

We haven't really seen reports of fiancees being asked about this. I suppose it would be good for her to be prepared to indicate she is aware of the criminal background questions on the I-129F petition and that she knows you answered no to those questions. I doubt the subject will come up. Please let us know if it does.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I would imagine the embassy would have any FBI investigation. They might ask but I have never heard of them asking unless there was a serious offense on the report.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline
We haven't really seen reports of fiancees being asked about this. I suppose it would be good for her to be prepared to indicate she is aware of the criminal background questions on the I-129F petition and that she knows you answered no to those questions. I doubt the subject will come up. Please let us know if it does.

Thanks for your reply. However, is not part of IMBRA that when you meet a woman through a marriage agency, they are required to have presented her with a copy police report? This IMBRA has made matters so much more confusing :(:angry:

Petition for first fiancée visa

2006-01-31 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2006-01-31 - NOA1

2006-04-25 - It became clear that our relationship wound not work-out

2006-05-02 - NOA2

2006-05-12 - My attorney advised me that no further action regarding the withdrawal of the approved petition is required.

2006-09-01 - NOA2 expired and she never set foot on U.S. soil

Petition for second fiancée visa (not the same woman as the first)

2007-02-28 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2007-03-08 - NOA1

2007-06-07 - Recieved Intend to Deny (IMBRA). - Request for waiver of limitation

2007-06-15 - Mailed in the request for waiver as well as the supporting documents

2007-06-20 - CSC Received package

2007-06-28 - Touched

2007-06-29 - NOA2 was approved

2007-07-05 - Received NOA2

2007-07-10 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-18 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-23 - Called NVC - They have not received the package yet

2007-07-24 - Called CSC - The file is in waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-26 - Called NVC and was told that they received the package yesterday and was sent to the embassy today

2007-08-04 - Interview date is set for 09/04/2007

2007-09-04 - Interview went very well and told her to return tomorrow and pickup her passport and visa

2007-09-05 - Told her there is a technical difficulty and the embassy will contact her when the visa is ready

2007-09-14 - She finally received her visa

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for your reply. However, is not part of IMBRA that when you meet a woman through a marriage agency, they are required to have presented her with a copy police report? This IMBRA has made matters so much more confusing :(:angry:

That's up to the IMB to secure and present, not you. Your responsibility is to answer the questions and provide any court records indicated by your answers, in your case, none. There is really no procedure in place to assure the IMB does its part.

There's a whole forum full of more than a years worth of discussion on the topic. Knock yourself out reading it but it won't change the answer you already have.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.