4 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice - I have a bunch of questions so sorry for the long topic. 

My fiance and I received an RFE requesting evidence that we have seen each other in the last two years. The good news is we 100% have and I have plenty of evidence for this. 

The first trip he came to see me was when we got engaged. 
In our initial application we did not submit boarding passes (he didn't keep his return ones because he thought they were trash) but I kept his boarding passes for his flights to see me. 

So I have provided all the travel itineraries, boarding passes of flights to me and visa information. 
Now as extra evidence I have added a copy of his passport (both the visa and the passport show his passport number) to show that they match.

I was wondering if it would look bad if i redact part of the passport number? 

I have also included bank statements that show his account number and the name of the account holder - for the bank account he opened while he was here to stay with me, and to support that evidence i have included bank statements from my own account that shows we had transactions at the same place on the same day. Or for bookings he made that I paid for. 
-- is it a bad idea to redact part of the account numbers on both of our statements as well as some of the transactions that are mixed in between the relevant transactions to us obviously being in the same place? 

I have also added additional photos of us together with description. 

I'm just not sure if I should be redacting this information and I guess I'm also not sure if I am providing too much evidence that they don't care about. 

Thank you in advance for your help :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

There is no need to redact any information.

Especially his passport number. That information is part of what they use to make sure he is a citizen of where he says he is and various other things.

I don't see an issue with blocking out part of the bank account numbers. Since USCIS doesn't need to know you financial status at this point

It's better to prpvide as much as you can

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Posted (edited)

I'm unsure why you would choose to redact any information. Personally, I would have concerns about redactions causing confusion during processing and resulting in another RFE...

Edited by smilingstone

[I-129F to K1]   

I-129F Sent: 2024-03-30    

I-129F NOA1 (Text): 2024-04-17  

I-129F NOA1 (Mail): 2024-04-27    

Estimated NOA2: September 2024 🤞

3 hours ago, smilingstone said:

I'm unsure why you would choose to redact any information. Personally, I would have concerns about redactions causing confusion during processing and resulting in another RFE...

That was exactly my thoughts. I had seen online they suggested redacting for privacy as well as redacting transactions that was irrelevant to the evidence - but I felt it would look strange redacting information and if they asked in a second RFE I would give it to them anyway.

Thank you for responding. Causing some peace of mind. This process is overwhelming LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.