Queko05

Longer evidence packet = longer wait time?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Slightly off topic, but is your fiancé aware he won't be able to use British student loans to study in the United States? Registering at an American college will be expensive. If he leaves the UK for a few years he may not be eligible for tuition fees at UK resident rates

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You will easily be able to prove meeting,  eligibilty to marry  and consent forms needed to pass the USCIS stage of this process

the interview will be other issue 

CO will look at totality of circumstances (your income needed to support the immigrant,  your ability to buy health care insurance for immigrant,  your ability to afford the over $2000 needed to adjust his status once in the USA)

all this is very important and need guidance at the interview stage /definetly a joint sponsor 

but understand a joint sponsor is only responsible to the government if immigrant becomes a public charge/  u still need to show u can support this person for the year+/- it takes before he can work in the US 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-g-chapter-4#:~:text=Evaluating whether an applicant is,Immigration Medical Examination and Vaccination

Evaluating whether an applicant is likely at any time to become a public charge based on the totality of the applicant’s circumstances[6] means evaluating all the information provided on the Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485), Report of Immigration Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693), any other forms and evidence contained in the record, and statements by an applicant during an interview, if applicable. USCIS considers all information or evidence in the record that is relevant in the totality of the circumstances.[7]

For all applicants subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility,[8] the officer will consider the statutory minimum factors: age;[9] health;[10] family status;[11] assets, resources, and financial status;[12] and education and skills.[13] The officer will favorably consider a sufficient Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA (Form I-864) (when required).[14] The officer will also consider any current or past receipt (or both) of public cash assistance for income maintenance or long-term institutionalization at government expense by the applicant.[15] However, relatively few applicants will be both subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility and eligible for public benefits prior to adjustment of status.[16]

the very best to the 2 of you and your young love

5 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

You will easily be able to prove meeting,  eligibilty to marry  and consent forms needed to pass the USCIS stage of this process

the interview will be other issue 

CO will look at totality of circumstances (your income needed to support the immigrant,  your ability to buy health care insurance for immigrant,  your ability to afford the over $2000 needed to adjust his status once in the USA)

all this is very important and need guidance at the interview stage /definetly a joint sponsor 

but understand a joint sponsor is only responsible to the government if immigrant becomes a public charge/  u still need to show u can support this person for the year+/- it takes before he can work in the US 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-g-chapter-4#:~:text=Evaluating whether an applicant is,Immigration Medical Examination and Vaccination

Evaluating whether an applicant is likely at any time to become a public charge based on the totality of the applicant’s circumstances[6] means evaluating all the information provided on the Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485), Report of Immigration Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693), any other forms and evidence contained in the record, and statements by an applicant during an interview, if applicable. USCIS considers all information or evidence in the record that is relevant in the totality of the circumstances.[7]

For all applicants subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility,[8] the officer will consider the statutory minimum factors: age;[9] health;[10] family status;[11] assets, resources, and financial status;[12] and education and skills.[13] The officer will favorably consider a sufficient Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA (Form I-864) (when required).[14] The officer will also consider any current or past receipt (or both) of public cash assistance for income maintenance or long-term institutionalization at government expense by the applicant.[15] However, relatively few applicants will be both subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility and eligible for public benefits prior to adjustment of status.[16]

the very best to the 2 of you and your young love

Ok well,

Affidavits of Support from both parents (200k/y + tax returns + pay stubs + bank statements) and mine too (15k/y + bank statements), and savings also.

What do you think? 

On 5/10/2024 at 6:59 PM, MalloryCat said:

I would think they would take issue with it because you are still under age. even with parental consent.

Like i said, you may still be able to get by with the consent forms, but the process might take longer.

sponsoring a visa is not a simple thing. There's a lot of rules that go along with it.

It might be worth contacting USCIS directly so see if there is an issue with you filing an I-129f at 17.

I don't think its very common to be that young filing this kind of visa petition, as there is not a lot of information about it.

The only thing I could find that says other wise, it filling out an affidavit of support (I-864), where you have to be at least 18 to file it, even with a joint sponsor.  But that form doesn't come until after the K-1 visa process is complete.

I wonder why USCIS would take issue if you have consent from both parents. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Queko05 said:

Any tips for the Embassy part?

Make eye contact with an officer, know details of your partner, listen carefully to what you are being asked and answer the question that was asked, not the question you might THINK is being asked. Do not overshare. Seems to work in most cases. But some Embassies seem to be more hostile than others. 

14 hours ago, SneakyPete said:

Make eye contact with an officer, know details of your partner, listen carefully to what you are being asked and answer the question that was asked, not the question you might THINK is being asked. Do not overshare. Seems to work in most cases. But some Embassies seem to be more hostile than others. 

London Embassy for us, I hear they can be somewhat lax, but I'm not sure how accurate this is.

At any rate, thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/12/2024 at 1:58 PM, Queko05 said:

London Embassy for us, I hear they can be somewhat lax, but I'm not sure how accurate this is.

At any rate, thanks! 

I have just come out of an interview at the London Embassy and was shocked at just how easy it was 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.