14 posts in this topic

Recently,  our case migrated to ELIS (Electronic Immigration System). And provided us with new receipt number. Have you guys experience this? Do you think they are on our case and processing it? I don't know if this will make the processing time faster but we are hoping. What you guys think? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Jedi JayR said:

Recently,  our case migrated to ELIS (Electronic Immigration System). And provided us with new receipt number. Have you guys experience this? Do you think they are on our case and processing it? I don't know if this will make the processing time faster but we are hoping. What you guys think? Thanks!

What kind of case?

10 minutes ago, Jedi JayR said:

I-130 Petition for Son/Daughter that is married.

Cases are transferred to balance out workload all the time, it may make things a bit quicker than if it had stayed in whichever service centre it was at but doubtful it will be by much. Does the son/daughter that is married have children? If so you want the I-130 to take as long as possible anyway. 

9 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Cases are transferred to balance out workload all the time, it may make things a bit quicker than if it had stayed in whichever service centre it was at but doubtful it will be by much. Does the son/daughter that is married have children? If so you want the I-130 to take as long as possible anyway. 

Yes they have 1 child.  Thanks! I really hope it will be faster processing.  It's been 10 years now. Tsktsk.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jedi JayR said:

Yes they have 1 child.  Thanks! I really hope it will be faster processing.  It's been 10 years now. Tsktsk.

How old is the child? 10 years is good, means they're at much less risk of aging out. 

I'm sure you already know this, but even if the I-130 is approved soon, they've still got a long wait ahead of them for a visa to become available. The I-130 is only the petition and first step. Assuming they're from the Philippines, then those that applied in August 2002 are only just now becoming eligible for visas - nearly a 22 year wait. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-may-2024.html

Edited by appleblossom

17 minutes ago, Jedi JayR said:

I know its crazy. I age of the child is 16 yrs old. I'm pretty sure she will be aged out in the petition.  It's sad.

The 10 years the I-130 has taken is good though, she may just scrape through under the CPSA, depending on when the I-130 is finally processed - they need to hope it's still a long way away from approval. Fingers crossed for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

My parents applied for my sister like 5 years ago when she was 21 she is 26 right now and has a 8 year old kid me my brother and parents are U.S. citizens we just got a email today saying that her case is moved to ELIS approximately how long do you guys think it will take until they bring her here? we did get an attorney and she said it might take until 2026-2027 but i wanted to get u guys opinion.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, TahaS said:

My parents applied for my sister like 5 years ago when she was 21 she is 26 right now and has a 8 year old kid me my brother and parents are U.S. citizens we just got a email today saying that her case is moved to ELIS approximately how long do you guys think it will take until they bring her here? we did get an attorney and she said it might take until 2026-2027 but i wanted to get u guys opinion.

You can see the current visa availability date on the Visa Bulletin and keep an eye on it there - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-may-2024.html

After that it will depend on the NVC processing times and how quick they are, and the wait time at the consulate she's applying at. Which consulate? And is she married?

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@appleblossom hello I read your message, what if your consulate is in Turkey and you’re in the F2b category(unmarried adult son of

permanent green card), do you think it’s faster in the consulate better there or in the UK? Pls reply when you can thank you 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@TahaS my mom also filed for me and my brother as well, since 2019 it’s almost 5years now 😅and the priority date is on April 1 2016, what consulate is your sister going through?

20 minutes ago, Barrybreezy said:

@appleblossom hello I read your message, what if your consulate is in Turkey and you’re in the F2b category(unmarried adult son of

permanent green card), do you think it’s faster in the consulate better there or in the UK? Pls reply when you can thank you 

If your PD is 2019 then I wouldn’t worry about it yet. You’re still years away and none of can predict which consulates will have a backlog in the future. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just recently received the same message.  It's nice to know something is happening but I don't think it necessarily means much of anything.  It would have been nice if USCIS would have provided a better explanation of just what is entailed by this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.