thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a brain fart today.. I knew a bill was due tomorrow so I went to pay it online and after I hit send I remembered that I had paid that bill the other day :wacko: and according to their FAQ once you pay a bill online you can't stop it... :unsure: I am going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can stop payment on it...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! By the sounds of the Thanksgiving thread, people had some great food. A lovely reminder of all we have to be thankful for eh?

Can't remember if I posted that I'm headed off to a National conference on Nursing Home Reform in Indianapolis (any Canadian VJ'ers there??) tomorrow. We're going to spend an extra day or two there as well just to take in the sights. Gene is taking some vacation days to come with me. My volunteer workplace thought I'd be an excellent candidate to take in the conference and impart some flavour. :blink: There are SO many perks when you put your heart into volunteering. I'm a lucky lady for having found this fit for me!

Along with morning coffee, I'd thought I'd post a Saskatchewan picture for you this morning that was on-line yesterday. What's Thanksgiving in Saskatchewan without this?

Enjoy your day, and the rest of the week!

4124684_2eb7b898b8.jpg

450_mynews_snow_081013.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have a great time Carla.. so glad that Gene is going with you!! Bravo for doing such an amazing job! ;)

morning everyone.. hubby left for Baltimore today :( I feel like I'm always saying goodbye to that man. :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning all, I hope you and Gene have a wonderful trip Carla :)

Cable person is coming today to look at our connection - thankfully. You know what's weird, it seems to work for longer in the evening than during the day, you would think it would be the other way around. Then again - what do I know about cable really :lol:

Anyway, we have the big tv now, it's rather big. Mike ended up having to go pick it up at another Walmart.

The manager I had spoken to the previous day said he and the other guy (who had been there for 23 years) couldn't figure out how to solve this as there were no more to order from the warehouse. On the other hand he was very nice.

Oooo the internet connection has just gone down again weeeeeeeeeeee - I can tell because the emoticons on the left side of the screen are only half showing up....maybe I will use that as an example for the cable person - 'See- I'm only getting half the emoticons sometimes. What if I am confused rather than rofl'?

Speaking of emoticons...how long have I been on VJ?? :blink: I just realized that if I click on "Show All", I get a host of OTHER emoticons to use. UGH. I thought people got some of them from another site. :hehe:

carlahmsb4.gif

Is it Friday yet? :huh:

Nope, only Tuesday and Friday can't come around too quick. I'm a nervous wreck as my interview is on Friday and I just want it done so I can stop being nervous! :lol:

Timeline
I had a brain fart today.. I knew a bill was due tomorrow so I went to pay it online and after I hit send I remembered that I had paid that bill the other day :wacko: and according to their FAQ once you pay a bill online you can't stop it... :unsure: I am going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can stop payment on it...

so I called up the place and the lady said she was sorry but because I payed online there is no way to stop the payment unless I called my bank to get them to stop payment.. so I called my bank and went through the automated ####### and then I heard that they will be charging a 30 dollar fee to stop payment.. I was like what the heck.. I might as well just let the payment go through as it was 30 dollars.. :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
Krikit was in the Big House????????????? :o

honey.. she MARRIED into the big house ;)

Yes, and it was a lovely ceremony too. Just me, my convict, the prison chaplain, and the corrections officer who was our witness (because he was standing next to the groom anyway.... you know.... with those chains and all). :hehe:

iagree.gif

so I called up the place and the lady said she was sorry but because I payed online there is no way to stop the payment unless I called my bank to get them to stop payment.. so I called my bank and went through the automated ####### and then I heard that they will be charging a 30 dollar fee to stop payment.. I was like what the heck.. I might as well just let the payment go through as it was 30 dollars.. :P

The good side is you won't have to make a payment next month ;)

Timeline

The good side is you won't have to make a payment next month ;)

oh never thought of that.. bonus... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Yes, and it was a lovely ceremony too. Just me, my convict, the prison chaplain, and the corrections officer who was our witness (because he was standing next to the groom anyway.... you know.... with those chains and all). :hehe:

I asume the theme was in orange colors? Pumpkins as center pieces? The choir of Prison Gang goes Pop singing "I Want to Break Free"? Luvly!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I asume the theme was in orange colors? Pumpkins as center pieces? The choir of Prison Gang goes Pop singing "I Want to Break Free"? Luvly!!!!

:lol: ah.. yes.. the pictures were lovely... nothing says loving like a black & white striped uniform :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

:lol: ah.. yes.. the pictures were lovely... nothing says loving like a black & white striped uniform :)

I think they let her wear the vintage ones....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.