Chintha

Received 221g yellow paper at Sri Lanka interview [edited title]

50 posts in this topic

Hi,

My husband is a US citizen and i am a Sri Lankan. we got married in 2022 . I applied for CR1 visa in Sep 2022.  i went for the interview on the 11th March 2024 and i was given a yellow paper -221g and they have ticked ''further consideration will be given to your visa''

They have ticked to submit the I-864 (It was mentioned as to upload the entire document '' on the yellow paper and to submit the medical reports as well. 

the medical reports were uploaded to the embassy by the dedicated doctor and i submitted the completed document to US embassy on the 13th March 2024. (PUT INTO THE DROP BOX) 

its been more than a month since i went for the interview and still it shows and VISA refused when i checked it on line. They retained some of my documents and my passport during the interview. 

How long will it take to hear back from them?

Should i call US embassy in Sri Lanka and check the status . if  so please share a contact number. 

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks

CD 

Same here. I had my interview on March 19th at the Colombo embassy and got 221g blue form (they didn’t ask me for any additional documents). However, my CEAC status says “Ready” since the day of the interview. 

2 hours ago, Strawberry25 said:

Same here. I had my interview on March 19th at the Colombo embassy and got 221g blue form (they didn’t ask me for any additional documents). However, my CEAC status says “Ready” since the day of the interview. 

in that case i think you can go and collect your Passport . In my status it says ''Refused''. 

1 hour ago, Strawberry25 said:

No, the status has to be changed to “Issued” and they should call you in order to collect the passport. 

OH really. good to know that. Did you try to contact them or send an email asking the status. or you are just waiting until they contact you 

Yeah. I sent an email to the embassy two weeks after the interview. They replied that the case is undergoing necessary administrative processing after three days. I have not received an update since. 

Edited by Strawberry25

Got a 221g from Colombo embassy to provide proof of domicile last December. My husband went back to establish domicile and provided the documents last Wednesday. Got an email tht they have received the documents. Any idea how long it will take?? 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.