1,183 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Family. I’m 2018 VAWA file.

I am seeking to Renew my Form I-131 and Form I-765 applications by myself because of my Attorney fees.

I have pending VAWA and I-485 applications.

Can both applications be sent together in one envelope?

Please what is the correct address for sending both applications?  

(1)   USCIS Vermont Service Center
38 River Road
Essex Junction, VT 05479-0001

(2)   USCIS
Attn: I-765 C37
P.O. Box 650455
Dallas, TX 75265-0455

Thank you for your assistance.

35 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

I am seeking to Renew my Form I-131 and Form I-765 applications by myself because of my Attorney fees.

38 River Road

(2)   USCIS
P.O. Box 650455
Dallas, TX 75265-0455

Wow 2018, any reason the delay?

11 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

38 River Road

(2)   USCIS
P.O. Box 650455
Dallas, TX 75265-0455

yes send both together. send it to first address. 

On 4/10/2024 at 12:30 AM, OldUser said:

Are you marrying somebody you're going to sponsor? If yes, then it's best to become a citizen first. If the person is a US citizen / LPR, then it's OK to marry now. This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Yes i am going to be sponsoring my husband. 
Do you think its a risk? Who can give me a better explanation here? 
sandra? Tbone? Anyone? Please

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/5/2024 at 10:26 AM, Adri.usa said:

if she files the vawa and tells them at the second interview that her vawa was filed would she still be put in removal or can they hold the I- 485 until after vawa approval?

if she files the vawa and tells them at the second interview that her vawa was filed would she still be put in removal or can they hold the I- 485 until after vawa approval?

Usually they don't issue the NTA (notice to appear in Court)if she proves that she filed form I-360.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Kely said:

Yes i am going to be sponsoring my husband. 
Do you think its a risk? Who can give me a better explanation here? 
sandra? Tbone? Anyone? Please

There is the 5 year rule about getting remarried as a green card holder. I had one client that he dated someone 4 years .He got an RFE to explain why he got married "so soon", yes they asked about this.I was able to explain and his wife got the GC.

The law says the visa petition may not be approved if the marriage occurred within 5 years that you became a green card holder.

A visa petition filed on behalf of an alien by a lawful permanent resident spouse may not be approved if the marriage occurred within five years of the petitioner being accorded the status of lawful permanent resident based upon a prior marriage to a United States citizen or alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, unless:

(1) The petitioner establishes by clear and convincing evidence that the marriage through which the petitioner gained permanent residence was not entered into for the purposes of evading the immigration laws; or

(2) The marriage through which the petitioner obtained permanent residence was terminated through death.”

Edited by Sandra G.

Timeline
11 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

38 River Road

(2)   USCIS
P.O. Box 650455
Dallas, TX 75265-0455

I assume that you filed your case with Vermont Service Center, then If your case was not transferred from Vermont to Nebraska then send the forms to Vermont.Yes you can send both application together in one envelope.

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

I assume that you filed your case with Vermont Service Center, then If your case was not transferred from Vermont to Nebraska then send the forms to Vermont.Yes you can send both application together in one envelope.

Thanks Sandra. 

Timeline
On 4/8/2024 at 10:19 AM, OldUser said:

How does it help with getting confirmation of address change? Do you receive anything in mail etc to say you changed address?

They will not answer if they updated your change of address.

On 4/9/2024 at 10:48 PM, i-need-help-pls said:

Thanks for the info. Can I expedite the process because I need to travel by June 25 ?

You can ask to expedite I-765 and  I-131,but you need to submit some documents listed below.They don't expedite I360/I485.

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to timely file the benefit request or to timely respond to any requests for evidence;
  • Emergencies or urgent humanitarian situations;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural or social interests of the United States;
  • Government interests, including cases identified by the government as urgent because they involve the public interest, public safety, national interest, or national security interests; and
  • Clear USCIS error.

How does it help with getting confirmation of address change? Do you receive anything in mail etc to say you changed address?

Thanks for the info. Can I expedite the process because I need to travel by June 25 ?

You can ask to expedite I-765 and  I-131,but you need to submit some documents listed below.They don't expedite I360/I485.

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to timely file the benefit request or to timely respond to any requests for evidence;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural or social interests of the United States;
  • Government interests, including cases identified by the government as urgent because they involve the public interest, public safety, national interest, or national security interests; and
  • Clear USCIS error.

• Clear USCIS error.

Timeline
On 4/11/2024 at 7:12 AM, balo101 said:

This doesn't apply to you. Skip this part 

Skip this part.

On 4/9/2024 at 11:54 PM, i-need-help-pls said:

what do i need to do here ?    image.thumb.png.f96ca1c973f7ef501a7d2c6429dccf43.png

Skip this part, you are not applying for a re-entry permit,but advance parole.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.