1,215 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2023 at 7:44 AM, ahmad- said:

Hello everybody,

I was a vawa applicant from April 2017.  My case was actually denied and I received a Notice of Intent to Deny back in Oct 2020.   My new lawyer submitted the 601 waiver. In Nov 2022 they asked for additional evidence. I was also asked to submit good moral character documents, I was also asked to submit last 5 year Income Taxes.  We made a very big package of all the information needed. After we submitted the RFE it took almost 2 and half months for the good news.  Moral of the story : Do not give up, be positive, do research and Good News will come. Keep Praying. Here is my timeline from when I applied Vawa.

green.png

Wow congrats to you! This whole process is soo stressful would you mind sharing your lawyers information?

Hello everyone! I filed Vawa in 2021 and just received a RFE, my abuser ex controlled all finances, owned his home and never added me to the mortgage. Kept finances separate save for a savings account he opened before my first greencard interview while we were married. How else do I prove the relationship was legitimate. We have so many pictures with family and friends over the marriage, we were married for a year and half with a lot of abuse and threats of withdrawal. I am at my wits end 

4 minutes ago, Mwalumba said:

Hello everyone! I filed Vawa in 2021 and just received a RFE, my abuser ex controlled all finances, owned his home and never added me to the mortgage. Kept finances separate save for a savings account he opened before my first greencard interview while we were married. How else do I prove the relationship was legitimate. We have so many pictures with family and friends over the marriage, we were married for a year and half with a lot of abuse and threats of withdrawal. I am at my wits end 

Did you have insurance together? Did you have anything together like gym membership, 401k? even any unsolicited mail would help. Send all the mails that has same address. 

In addition to that write everything in detail and send it to USCIS.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/27/2023 at 10:20 PM, LittlebyLittle said:

Thank you!!

and the last question on my list))

need to renew my EAD soon (filed together with i360 and I 485)

What documents should be included with the i765 form?

appreciate your help!!!

Form I-765, copy of the work permit ( both sides),  two passport size pictures, copy of I-94, copy of the passport or  any governmen photo ID and a  copy of the I-485 receipt

Edited by Sandra G.

Timeline
On 12/28/2023 at 2:40 PM, LittlebyLittle said:

And I assume that have to file the EAD renewal package to USCIS Vermont Service Center 38 River Road? The same address where all the forms where sent originally. Is my understanding correct?

If USCIS didn't transfer your file to Nebraska then submit the package to VSC.

1 hour ago, Mwalumba said:

If you don't have any more proof you can write a letter explaning why and what is the reason. Talk to your attorney, there is hope 🙏🙏

Timeline
On 12/22/2023 at 6:42 PM, LittlebyLittle said:

Hello Friends! Does anyone know how fast USCIS will update the address on file after sending the Change Address form AR-11 which is required to send with VAWA case pending?

Mail sometimes goes to the previous address when the address is updated, they are messy. Ask your congressperson whether your address has been updated after mailing the new address. 

Timeline
On 12/20/2023 at 7:54 PM, Dee88 said:

Hi, 

For VAWA is I-485 adjudicated without divorce? We are separated and I do not know his whereabout to file for divorce and I-360 is still pending. 

You can divorce now, you just can't remarry while the  I-360 is pending.

Timeline
On 12/16/2023 at 10:02 AM, Wilifanfano said:

I need help I applied for vawa in july and on september I received a letter my case was transferred but I have not received anything else. no biometrics appointment or anything else. is this normas? 

I've had cases where they scheduled biometrics seven months after they received the AOS.

27 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

If USCIS didn't transfer your file to Nebraska then submit the package to VSC.

And if they transfer the case to Nebraska, USCIS will send a notice/ case status will change online. Is that right? If neither of these happened, I assume the case is still pending in Vermont. Correct? 

4 hours ago, balo101 said:

Did you have insurance together? Did you have anything together like gym membership, 401k? even any unsolicited mail would help. Send all the mails that has same address. 

In addition to that write everything in detail and send it to USCIS.

Yes we had health insurance, gym membership,No 401k. I sent the mails and they were focusing on the contents of the mail not that it was at the same address. I will write supplemental documentation to support what I am sending in. Thank you so much for the suggestion @balo101

Edited by Mwalumba

3 hours ago, Reto said:

If you don't have any more proof you can write a letter explaning why and what is the reason. Talk to your attorney, there is hope 🙏🙏

This is also good advice. I will do that too. I haven't got an attorney my case is through Catholic Charities and I am thinking of getting an attorney but thinking its too late for that since they need my RFE soon

@Sandra G.

i need your valuable feedback. I filed i360 dec 2020 w my lawyer and she went to interview for me on October 2020 to tell the officer to hold my case since we were filing i360. Apparently they told her that they would. I’ve got 6-7 prima facie, 2 ead renewal and no rfe. It’s been 37 months and their website states that 80% of the cases resolved within 36.5 months. The earliest I can submit request to get info shows sep 2024. I just send an email to my lawyer and she responded that unfortunately there is not a lot we can do now since vawa cases moving terribly slow. When and what would be smartest decision now? I have ead and I’ve been working for same company almost 4 years now. I have a fiancé and we’ve been together for 3 years and can’t marry cuz of my pending i360. Thank you Sandra….

1 hour ago, Ozy7 said:

@Sandra G.

i need your valuable feedback. I filed i360 dec 2020 w my lawyer and she went to interview for me on October 2020 to tell the officer to hold my case since we were filing i360. Apparently they told her that they would. I’ve got 6-7 prima facie, 2 ead renewal and no rfe. It’s been 37 months and their website states that 80% of the cases resolved within 36.5 months. The earliest I can submit request to get info shows sep 2024. I just send an email to my lawyer and she responded that unfortunately there is not a lot we can do now since vawa cases moving terribly slow. When and what would be smartest decision now? I have ead and I’ve been working for same company almost 4 years now. I have a fiancé and we’ve been together for 3 years and can’t marry cuz of my pending i360. Thank you Sandra….

If i were you i would ask my congress/senator to inquire on behalf of me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.