Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,303 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, EmmsW said:

Syria. I was born there and that is my state of chargeability. I never lived there though. I declared both nationalities (Syria and Canada) on the DS-260. I used the Canadian passport as the main passport on the DS-260. I filled it very thoroughly.

I’m sure you did, I was just asking as some countries will mean your chances of being put in to AP are higher. Unfortunately Syria is one of them. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, EmmsW said:

That's honestly scary. It seems that based on the DV Charts by Xarthisius, there is a 50-60% chance I'll be placed in AP in Montreal. This is my biggest concern, getting cleared past the fiscal year. I pray to God I don't get placed into AP. I really hope I don't. I had B2 visas and NEXUS. I don't have a unique and extremely uncommon name (almost rare even).

Should I just prepare a WOM before hand? lol.

WoMs seem to have been rendered almost completely ineffective. Mine (and many others) failed after 3 months, and most folks are now forced to fight have a motion to dismiss in order to keep the pressure on.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

WoMs seem to have been rendered almost completely ineffective. Mine (and many others) failed after 3 months, and most folks are now forced to fight have a motion to dismiss in order to keep the pressure on.

After how many months of interview did you file WOM ?

When exactly was your interview?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ak47 said:

After how many months of interview did you file WOM ?

When exactly was your interview?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Timeline
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, ak47 said:

Are you still in the process of WOM or is it completed with MTD ? If you dont mind me asking.

We got the MTD in Oct 2023 and decided not to fight it. Felt like it was chasing good money after bad at that point

Edited by Superluminal

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Thanks for setting up the new sheet! Looks very good 

Yes!  Excellent, Superluminal 👍🏻👍🏻🏆 

17 hours ago, appleblossom said:

I’m sure you did, I was just asking as some countries will mean your chances of being put in to AP are higher. Unfortunately Syria is one of them. 

Seems like I have no other option. I was planning on doing AOS, but if I enter with B2 and do AOS, that's fraud. I'm not going to do that. 

So now what? Do the interview and let go? It doesn't sound like I have another option. 

4 minutes ago, EmmsW said:

Seems like I have no other option. I was planning on doing AOS, but if I enter with B2 and do AOS, that's fraud. I'm not going to do that. 

So now what? Do the interview and let go? It doesn't sound like I have another option. 

You're right, there is no other option. All you can do is go ahead and hope that you don't get put in AP.

Good luck. 

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

You're right, there is no other option. All you can do is go ahead and hope that you don't get put in AP.

Good luck. 

Thank you. I'm gonna need it.

What I don't understand though is how come none of the applicants on the spreadsheet are DVs? Its all family and employment based on this spreadsheet.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, EmmsW said:

What I don't understand though is how come none of the applicants on the spreadsheet are DVs? Its all family and employment based on this spreadsheet.

The program is designed to promote diversity and to give individuals from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States an opportunity to apply for a US Green Card.  Must be a NATIVE from a qualifying country, and Canada is not.  Canadian RESIDENTS who are citizens of eligible countries may apply for the program, however.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, EmmsW said:

Thank you. I'm gonna need it.

Hi, my husband is a DV24 winner. We are temporary residents of Canada, so we had an interview at Montreal last November. Our case number is small, so a year ago we were pretty sure we would be moving to US by summer 2024. If I had any idea how it all would turn out, I would do my best to transfer to another consulate.

As you probably guessed, Montreal put us in administrative processing. They didn't give us DS-5535. Just the resumes of me and my husband were asked. My husband's profession is in TAL. But I'm not sure why I am being verified as well though. I guess Montreal doesn't need much reason. 🤷‍♀️

So it's been six months of AP for us. So far we only received standard responses to our inquiries. September is getting closer, and we have no idea if we get approved.

Sorry if it sounds scary, but on the other side - I follow all Montreal 221g DV cases, and a bunch of them got approved in 2-3 months after the interview. So far just 5 cases, including ours, have been stuck since Oct-Dec 2023.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.