Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,216 posts in this topic

Hi All,

We randomly decided to log into CEAC and noticed that under IV Application it says Re-opened and the highlight box says "once you have made your changes, to resubmit DS-260".  Does this mean anything?  I don't really want to click on anything out of fear it will mess something up in the back end... It's been a while since I last checked but this is the first time I'm seeing it say "Re-Opened". 

Screenshot2024-05-01at1_30_17PM.thumb.png.b905a6d95a1bf25fe9725442c388cc6f.png

14 hours ago, yvesemma said:

hello @Irish89  yes exactly after my interview march 2022, was put in AP, but the consulate had kept my passport. Early July 2022, they requested for me to submit DS-5535 and I was in AP again.   So AP all together for 24 months.    March 2024, they sent me the email requesting a new medical, Canadian police clearance and passport, and pictures. it came unexpectedly (as I was actually traveling when I received it). As I mentioned earlier after receiving the DS-5535 I was not checking my case as often on CEAC as I knew it would be a long while.. I just kept on living.  Came back from trip, got an appointment early April to do medical, and received my fingerprint clearance last week and went to send everything.  

does anyone know how long the wait is now? after they asked for the additional documents? CEAC had an update today.. im i getting closed to the long awaited "issued" ?? 

Thanks for your reply. This helps the group immensely. I think your visa category F2-A has a priority date that has to become current before you would get the passport request. I’m wondering if it became current in March when you got your request? Maybe someone can help us figure it out. 

14 hours ago, yvesemma said:

hello @Irish89  yes exactly after my interview march 2022, was put in AP, but the consulate had kept my passport. Early July 2022, they requested for me to submit DS-5535 and I was in AP again.   So AP all together for 24 months.    March 2024, they sent me the email requesting a new medical, Canadian police clearance and passport, and pictures. it came unexpectedly (as I was actually traveling when I received it). As I mentioned earlier after receiving the DS-5535 I was not checking my case as often on CEAC as I knew it would be a long while.. I just kept on living.  Came back from trip, got an appointment early April to do medical, and received my fingerprint clearance last week and went to send everything.  

does anyone know how long the wait is now? after they asked for the additional documents? CEAC had an update today.. im i getting closed to the long awaited "issued" ?? 

Thanks for your reply. This helps the group immensely. I think your visa category F2-A has a priority date that has to become current before you would get the passport request. I’m wondering if it became current in March when you got your request? Maybe someone can help us figure it out. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ajxl888 said:

Hi All,

We randomly decided to log into CEAC and noticed that under IV Application it says Re-opened and the highlight box says "once you have made your changes, to resubmit DS-260".  Does this mean anything?  I don't really want to click on anything out of fear it will mess something up in the back end... It's been a while since I last checked but this is the first time I'm seeing it say "Re-Opened". 

i would wait for the consulate to tell you to update it before doing anything 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Irish89 said:

yes @Leo The Great  had mentionned something about my priority date becoming current, and that I may have been out of the DS-5535, but they had to wait for priority date before requesting the passport... not sure if we will find the answer as most people here are IRC1 or K1 applicants... 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, ajxl888 said:

Hi All,

I would send an email to MTL office telling them that your DS-260 was re-opened on the CEAC page and ask for instructions on what you need do next.

Edited by DadofUSCitizen

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yvesemma said:

yes @Leo The Great  had mentionned something about my priority date becoming current, and that I may have been out of the DS-5535, but they had to wait for priority date before requesting the passport... not sure if we will find the answer as most people here are IRC1 or K1 applicants... 

You may find a post from @WMBB  (page 36) with F2A visa category initially out of DS-5535 in March 2023 via WOM but consulate told them they cannot process visa because of priority date was not current.

Edited by Leo The Great

On 4/23/2024 at 10:11 AM, Superluminal said:

@Daft_Cat Any updates on your end? Have you been able to send your passport in?

@Canucklehead How about you? Any updates on CEAC?

Hey all,

Sorry for the radio silence. Passport and new medical sent in a week and a half ago. A couple updates since but still “refused” on CEAC. Expecting a few weeks at least - will keep you guys posted.

Hello everyone,

I am here again from Pakistan , letting you all know what is happening on other side of the world. Today marks completion of 3 months me waiting  in AP under DS-5535 , Sent embassy email 1 months ago(after 60 days in AP) still got no answer , Not even a single change in last status update date on CEAC portal.

This whole thing is getting so stressful . I have a funny/sad/horrible  thing to tell you , In one of WhatsApp group one person from Pakistan told that his whole family went for interview , everything went well and all got cleared , 2 days later he got email and find out his 12 years old son is now in AP under DS-5535. Poor guy was so worried and so pissed , now he have to leave his 12 years old son and need to travel with rest of his family. This whole system is broke ...........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, brkendream said:

12 years old son is now in AP under DS-5535

Just asinine.  A 12 year old subjected to AP requiring the Dreaded DS-5535.  I wonder if asked for his 15 year travel history 🤪

Timeline
On 4/18/2024 at 9:57 AM, Jettix3221 said:

Hey guys, my wife has received a request for a medical exam redo after seven months of waiting. Previously, they had kept her passport. Is this a good sign, or do they simply request a redo of the medical exam every six months to keep it updated?

~Timeline (EB-1, healthcare/healthtech):
- September 2023: Interview + DS-5535
- February 2024: Passport request for both of us (I'm the main applicant).
- March 2024: I was cleared; my passport was returned, and my visa expires in two weeks. Her passport is still with them, and there has been no update.
- March 2024: I had to enter the US alone (don’t ask me why they separated a family, nobody knows)
- April 2024: Request for her medical exams renewal after getting Congressmen involved (they didn’t respond to your messages).

Has your visa been stamped ? When your medical requested ?

Timeline
On 3/29/2024 at 8:07 PM, Kara.gana said:

I've been following this forum from August 2023. My husband and daughter interviewed August 1, 2023. Our daughter was issued her visa August 1, 2023 but my husband was refused and given DS5535/221G. We have only received updates to CEAC in response to our emails, which we send about once a month. Our last update in response to an email was February 22, 2024

But after seeing updates from others on here, I checked my husbands status and we also received an unsolicited update for March 28, 2024! Trying not to get excited,  but it would be nice if it lead to something.

Do you have any other updates or Medical request ?

14 hours ago, CarmenD said:

Just asinine.  A 12 year old subjected to AP requiring the Dreaded DS-5535.  I wonder if asked for his 15 year travel history 🤪

He was so upset ,,  This is not the first time I saw young persons under 15 getting Ds-5535,, This system is brook. If I am not wrong on this forum I saw a case where one daughter and father got Ds-5535 and rest of the family got visas. 

Students applying for first time as young as 18 years old getting Ds-5535 . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.