Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,238 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

We had an update yesterday and sure enough another today with an email from the consulate to redo medical and send the passport (and 2 passport photos) 😭😭😭

There is hope! The pattern of more regular updates leading to an email from the consulate seems to be legit. 

@Phil_K_IR1 May I ask is the email you received from the cosulate today a fresh new email by the CO or a reply to one of your previous emails? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, DadofUSCitizen said:

@Phil_K_IR1 May I ask is the email you received from the cosulate today a fresh new email by the CO or a reply to one of your previous emails? Thanks!

So my spouse got an email from the usvisainfo email saying the consulate needs so and so. 

And then we got a reply to an email I sent on March 28 with the same message in that other email. 

So it wasn't a new email necessarily, just weird. But can confirm if they contact you to ask for it the case last updated changes. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

So my spouse got an email from the usvisainfo email saying the consulate needs so and so. 

And then we got a reply to an email I sent on March 28 with the same message in that other email. 

So it wasn't a new email necessarily, just weird. But can confirm if they contact you to ask for it the case last updated changes. 

@Phil_K_IR1 Thanks. The email I received on 4/19 was a reply to my email sent to them on 4/4 and my case also updated on 4/19. My petitioner did not receive anything though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, DS5535_Child said:

Since this is Department of State, which is regulated by the executive branch (i.e. President), legislative branch help (i.e. representatives, senators), can't do anything about it.

But POTUS or VPOTUS absolutely can!

I would suggest everyone in this thread (+ their citizen sponsor) to send a message to https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ . Hopefully if we send enough messages, it'll be clear there's something to be done here.

I have been doing just that on a weekly basis, and will continue to do so, for a little over a month now.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

We had an update yesterday and sure enough another today with an email from the consulate to redo medical and send the passport (and 2 passport photos) 😭😭😭

There is hope! The pattern of more regular updates leading to an email from the consulate seems to be legit. 

Congratulations!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉 

10 hours ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Many congratulations 👍

17 hours ago, tophy123 said:

Hey all, so our interview was the 18th, we saw an 'update' on the CEAC website saying refused on the 18th, and then again showed 19th, and latest on 23rd with same refused status. we sent the form back on the 20th. Is that regular pattern of updates? Any conclusions?

'You will see updates once you submit the form and then radio silent for months. We saw 5 updates after we submitted DS-5535 for 2  weeks (In Oct 2023). No updates after that except when the consulate replied to email queries.

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cholte cholte said:

Yes...that is the pattern form the Montreal consualte. We submitted the DS5535 on March 19, 2024, and there were three updates in a week. And then silence since then. Dont expect to see any movement for a logn time.

Definitely, they use information from DS-5535 to send queries to different departments , FBI, CBP, EOIR,DOS, ....more updates, more waiting time,until all feedback.

I was reading the declaration of Carson Wu where it states.
"

The Department has been actively involved in working with the National Vetting Center

to shift security vetting of visa applicants from the KFE vetting system discussed above to the

National Vetting Center. The Department transferred the national security vetting of nonimmigrant

visa applicants to the National Vetting Center in October 2022, with immigrant visa vetting to

follow sometime in 2024. The Department anticipates that moving security vetting to the National

Vetting Center will create efficiencies in the vetting process that will ultimately benefit all visa

applicants and also enhance border security by providing more robust screening of applicants."

Curious what everyone thinks of this? Are they talking about DS5355 specifically?

1 hour ago, dj222 said:

I was reading the declaration of Carson Wu where it states.
"

The Department has been actively involved in working with the National Vetting Center

to shift security vetting of visa applicants from the KFE vetting system discussed above to the

National Vetting Center. The Department transferred the national security vetting of nonimmigrant

visa applicants to the National Vetting Center in October 2022, with immigrant visa vetting to

follow sometime in 2024. The Department anticipates that moving security vetting to the National

Vetting Center will create efficiencies in the vetting process that will ultimately benefit all visa

applicants and also enhance border security by providing more robust screening of applicants."

Curious what everyone thinks of this? Are they talking about DS5355 specifically?

Yes - It will speed up the processing of DS-5535 form. This mean less human intervention to decide most of the straight forward cases 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello all,

I have been in the DS5535 black hole for 17 months

I was requested passport and pictures from the consulate, but after login into my AIS account, I noticed the address had changed to 

100-1134 Rue Sainte-Catherine O, MONTRÉAL, QC Québec

H3B 1H4, CA

is that the new address where we send the docs?  It was in Sainte Catherine when I submitted additional documents last year. 

thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.