deemabrouk

I gotta say Thanks to you all

327 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I have not followed your story much, but as I said the last few posts I am truly sorry you are going throu this Dee. No women deserves this. Esp when children are in involved.

I, personally would attend the AOS (if you filed already) and tell them the whole story. Saving him from ever filing again or tricking them into thinking YOU abused him.

What Gladitor said is total nonsense. your husband clearly crossed the line. Abuse is not an Islamic tradition. In fact, Islam does not condone abuse to women and children. It is forbidden. But unfortunately there will always be men out there "picking and choosing" a host of Quranic verses and Prophetic sayings to suit their chauvinistic madness. MENA husbands still (sometimes) they are still in MENA and try exercises complete and rigid authority over his wife and family. Women are not expected to unconditionally obey their husbands. The voices of women are not "awrah" viz, prohibited to be heard. They do not have to be fatalistically patient with physical and psychological abuse. And something little off topic, but still I find totally funny nafaqa (or material support) is nowadays a favour delivered by the husbands and not considered a duty at all.

Many men cannot adjust, since life in the US is so different then life in their own home country. They do not get their way and after a time abuse can occur. The Qur'an exhorts the husband to treat his wife kindly and not overlook her POSITIVE ASPECTS. And all agruements should be dealt within 3 hours. But obviously the situation is way beyond.

In the light of these God-given rights of a woman, one isto unconditionally separate from an abusive husband – whether the abuse is physical or psychological (and note how rarely "modern" people mention psychological abuse). In your case the services of a third party – a "thiqa" or trustworthy person should be enlisted to monitor the behaviour of your husband. Have you talked to an imam? Has he tried to speak with your husband or have another brother speak with him? As I am not sure what the current living arrangement is ... but him living there just angry is not healthy for anyone. The final decision with regard to reconciliation however remains with the wife. Even thou, personally if he hits then there should be none.

Ironically ( and little off topic, but) the role of men as husbands were seenwith far greater clarity in the time of the Pr. Mohammed (saw) then now.Their roles as leaders of the family were seen in the light of an agent holding an "office". The role of the agent would be deemed incommensurate with the demands of the "office" if he failed to fulfill its duties, responsibilities, and conditions

I would also expose him to all the masjid, if he attends and his family. Surely they will *not* side with you... buuuut at least they will hear the "other" side instead labeling you a putan or judging you without hearing your side.

You are very brave, patient and strong sister. If it were me, the least he would be out in the street with nothing but his drawers and some shoes. I would not even put it past myself to do a Lorena on him! I truly from my heart pray for you sister.

Edited by Henia

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dee you are making the right decision there is no way that this situation is good for you to be in or your children. I have kids to and if i were in your situation i would do the same thing. I will keep you in my prayers and just know that god will help you to get through this you deserve much better than this and in the end you will be blessed with much better. Take Care of yourself, and your kids (F)

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I could NOT believe your posts........this is just TOO MUCH...........you have been SOOOO patient and you had good intentions of trying to work things out but it is OBVIOUS that he didn't want to be cooperative......for whatever reason.......

And that "friend".........OMG........that is just TOO evil........

I am hoping that you & the little ones are safe and that you can begin to heal & get your home back into being the peaceful sanctuary that you'd like it to be.

Hugs

(F)

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm very sorry it worked out this way. (F)

You are handling this so well, and I admire you for it. Please stay safe and check in when you can.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Has any one heard from Dee or taked to her? Is she ok? How is she doing? =0(

she's not online away from work (unless she can check in from a family computer). hopefully someone will hear something before monday - if not, i'm sure we'll hear on monday. i know doodle keeps in contact w/ her offline.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

I do hope we hear something soon. I'm so worried about her and the kids. Wherever they are, I hope they're safe and able to relax a bit.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Has any one heard from Dee or taked to her? Is she ok? How is she doing? =0(

she's not online away from work (unless she can check in from a family computer). hopefully someone will hear something before monday - if not, i'm sure we'll hear on monday. i know doodle keeps in contact w/ her offline.

She hasn't returned my text messages so I'm hoping she is just busy with the kids wherever she is. :(

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

I keep checkin' and no dee news yet. I just hope they're ok.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

She's ok for now. CAlled me about an hour or so ago. She's staying with the kids with family. Keep her in your prayers though. (F) She needs to stay strong.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.