Johnnewyork

B2-Tourist Visa, approved and finally issued

3 posts in this topic

Around Sept I going to be traveling to New York for the first time, for a two week sightseeing vacation.  Now I know its around 17 months before I travel, but in a few months, hopefully I can book my holiday

If someone can help, be most grateful, so  when it comes to documentation, what documents should I be taking

Right now I'm talking about any legal documents, and the only one I can think of, do I need updated UK ARGO CERTIFICATE

If there any else I should be taking with me, support documents, which I think i have covered: Financial Ties, Work Ties, Work Reference, Itinerary, Hotel & Flights,  Expenditure costs, Currency for two week trip, Insurance Cover

With me having a conviction, would some sort of statement, from myself be helpful, especially if asked, this would be backed up with a Subject Access Request, for my criminal records from Scottish Police

Any thing missing that I need

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

ACRO? ARGO makes no sense.

Np you are good to go, presumably a 5 year multi entry visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

travelled for 3 months in europe before continue to the states. i said i take 1 year vacation total and wanted to travel to as much countries as possible and it's "red flag" for them. they assumed im poor, no saving, and there's no way i can live without work for a long time ( i actually can). 

they put me in secondary office one time because i flew from iceland instead of my home country.they asked my bank account statements, return ticket, how much cash i had. here's their questions and my response :

1. why ur bank statement is not up to date and it's 3 months old? --- "duh, because ive been travelling in europe for 3 months and i dont have online statements (back then)"

2. why you only bring $500 cash ? ---"duh because im a solo traveller and i dont want to get robbed?" prcoeed by showing them 3 credit cards that i can pay online

3. where's ur return ticket? --- "here"

4. how you fund ur trip without working? - "i have a lot of saving as you can see on my bank statement, that will last 10 years without working" and i even offered " you can use ur currency calculator if u want to convert to USD". my account is active, so its not just dormant. 

i was so quick because i prepped everything in 1 folder and very organized, he cant even think of more questions to ask

4. give me ur phone, unlocked it --- " here, the phone is unlocked " all he saw 10,000 photos of landmark, and food because i like to eat.

he brought my phone to his office for 10 mnts, he got back with my phone and passport stamped.  " you're free to go"

adios :)

that's the only time it happened to me. i entered US multiple times, never have to go secondary. usually they just said " enjoy ur stay" and not even a single question. 

all that being said, different officer different location, different situation. bring everything that u need just in case. it never hurt to be prepare.

Edited by Verrou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.