LaJumpa

Change of Address Help!

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

Im having a very frustrating time with USCIS right now and I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. 

Back in January this year my wife (USC) and I moved into a new apartment. I’ve been living here since June I already have my green card in hand. Anyway as per the USCIS website I put in a submission to change our address as well as filing the paperwork to update the sponsor address (my wife in this case)

Fast forward a few weeks and received notice of the sponsorship address change. However my wife’s name was listed as the beneficiary as well as the petitioner. I called the UCSIS phone line to have this amended and after what felt like a lifetime. I was told that we would need to submit a typography error for that form online. 

I also asked if my address request had been taken care of and the advisor said they still had my old address on file and I would need to file the AR-11 form by mail. Which I did the next day. 

The first issue I have is that the I-865 form is not listed on the e-filing website. So how am I supposed to make them aware of this if the form is not able to be selected. 

My second issue is that it has been almost 4 weeks since I filed the AR-11 and I’m yet to receive any type of confirmation. 

I tried to call UCSIS today and as per usual the automated line just sent me in a loop and I’m not able to speak to an actual human about my situation. 

My worry is now that our information is effectively out of date. And I’m trying every avenue to get this done but it feels like I’m smashing my head against a brick wall each time. I have the submission requests to show we have done this within the 10 day time frame. But I’m not feeling super confident about this. 

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this information fixed and confirmed. Is it something I can book an appointment for at our local UCSIS office for or will they just send me back in a loop again?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
31 minutes ago, LaJumpa said:

The first issue I have is that the I-865 form is not listed on the e-filing website. So how am I supposed to make them aware of this if the form is not able to be selected. 

You have to mail an I-865.  It cannot be filed online.

31 minutes ago, LaJumpa said:

My second issue is that it has been almost 4 weeks since I filed the AR-11 and I’m yet to receive any type of confirmation. 

Should get an email confirmation.

If you filed the AR-11 online and the I-865 by mail, you have done what you are supposed to. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, LaJumpa said:

However my wife’s name was listed as the beneficiary as well as the petitioner.

I believe my I-865 listed only me.  I don't think it is a problem.  The form was submitted by the sponsor to change the address of the sponsor.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, LaJumpa said:

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this information fixed and confirmed. Is it something I can book an appointment for at our local UCSIS office for or will they just send me back in a loop again?

We filed an AR-11 for wife (immigrant) address changes, and an I-865 (mailed) to change my (sponsor) addresses...... When we later filed the I-751 and her N-400, everything came to the proper address. 

According to your timeline, you shouldn't have anything coming from USCIS until after you file your I-751.  I think you are finished for now.

Edited by Crazy Cat

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2024 at 3:01 PM, LaJumpa said:

Fast forward a few weeks and received notice of the sponsorship address change. However my wife’s name was listed as the beneficiary as well as the petitioner....

I also asked if my address request had been taken care of and the advisor said they still had my old address on file and I would need to file the AR-11 form by mail. Which I did the next day. 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:36 PM, Crazy Cat said:

The form was submitted by the sponsor to change the address of the sponsor.

I had almost the exact same issue as you, LaJumpa. Let me respond so that I can help you and anyone else who needs help:

My husband (green card holder) and I recently moved. We submitted the AR-11 and I-865 by certified mail. I just got the I-797C, Notice of Action confirming they received my I-865. I was listed as the Petitioner and Sponsor. I believe Crazy Cat is correct. I am the beneficiary of the I-865 as well as the petitioner. My husband's A# was written in small type above my name in both the Petitioner and Beneficiary boxes.

I have received no confirmation that the AR-11 was processed, except for receiving the certified mail return receipt. I called USCIS at the number on the notice of action form, 800–375–5283. I also received the automated response and was unable to speak with an agent. After calling multiple times I decided to try to change my husband's address online. All you have to do is log into the USCIS account. At first I didn't know what to do because he doesn't have a pending case. You need to click on "myUSCIS" where it says "Apply for immigration benefits..." On the next screen you should see a box that says "Change your address". Then fill out that form and it will be recorded. I hope that helps.

Edited by RudyChristine
correction

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.