PIRuby

Shipping Householdto USA

5 posts in this topic

I want to take  some furniture and other things, plus extra suitcases of clothing.  The furniture was bought for me by my late husband, soI want it with me.  I probably need 1/2 a 20 ft container.  Who can I get to do it from Subiic to Florida. Also, has anyone ever taken thier small dogon a 20hr flight?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’d check airline sites for pet regulations, after that maybe Customs. It should be doable, usually easier if the pet fits in a pet carrier of sorts. The super long flights could be a little to deal with.

I do understand the furniture attachment, I’d have to suggest paring it down to the minimum. As we know, moving it will be in the negative economically. It’s just a matter of spending the $$, a local shipping company would have leads to who to talk with. One would like to dismantle if possible, then pack securely, legs off tables, so forth. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, PIRuby said:

has anyone ever taken thier small dogon a 20hr flight?

I have not taken a dog in-cabin, but I recently completed all of the paperwork required to bring dogs from the Philippines to the US.  If you are not aware of the requirements, let me know and I will give you the info.

8 hours ago, J.M. said:

I have not taken a dog in-cabin, but I recently completed all of the paperwork required to bring dogs from the Philippines to the US.  If you are not aware of the requirements, let me know and I will give you the info.

Please do so , What do you do about  poop and pee?

Timeline

Must have ISO microchip- preferably one that begins with "9"." Must be detectable by universal scanner.

Be sure kennel is not too big for in-cabin, but also must be big enough for your dog.

Don't exceed the airline limits for weight or kennel size.

Must have CDC Rabies Vaccination and Microchip Record (A form your local vet can complete)

Must have rabies titer (no lab available in Philippines, must be mailed for processing- takes 6-8 weeks).  This assumes your dog does not have a current US rabies vaccine.

Rabies titer must be less than 1 year but more than 45 days old 

After above requirements are met:

US CDC Import Permit (2 days processing)

Right before Departure:

Updated Health Certificate 10 days prior to departure

Need screwworm inspection less than 5 days before travel

NVQSD Export Permit- valid 3 days only

Local BAI-VQS inspection within 24 hours of departure

No dirt, hay, or straw in bedding

As for your other question, surely it is not a 20 hour flight without a layover somewhere.  Investigate the layover location to see if they have pet relief areas.  All you can do is limit your dig to just water starting a few hours prior to the flight and maybe just some light treats during the flight, probably timed for when you are eating.  It will probably sleep most of the flight anyway, once the cabin lights dim and it gets quiet.  As I said, mine do not travel in-cabin.  They are too big for that, so I can't give much advice on that part.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.