illumined

Opaque interview priority dates

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

I've noticed there's been plenty of tools for other parts of the process to see what the service centers and NVC  working on, but I don't really see this with the embassies for IR1 and K1 visas. Is there anyway to know where each embassy is currently as far as priority dates? It's not posted anywhere I've found. 

1 hour ago, illumined said:

I've noticed there's been plenty of tools for other parts of the process to see what the service centers and NVC  working on, but I don't really see this with the embassies for IR1 and K1 visas. Is there anyway to know where each embassy is currently as far as priority dates? It's not posted anywhere I've found. 

Some consulates publish the info (example, Montreal - https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/)

Or you can search VJ for timelines and/or threads. 

But each consulate can change which cases they prioritise each month, and may have months where other types of applications have to take priority (i.e. August is always much busier for student visas so resources can be taken away from IV processing), and factors like staff shortages will have an impact too. So it’s much more fluid than the USCIS or NVC steps in the process. 

Edited by appleblossom

There are no priority dates when it comes to immediate relatives. The priority date is always current. 
If you’re talking about interview dates. No one knows when interview dates will be scheduled for any of the visas. You need to speak to people going through the same consulate to know when an interview could happen after DQ. Some consulates have short DQ To interview of about days while some are longer 1.5+ years.

Which country are you going through? We can give you more precise information. Otherwise you’re looking at 18-24 months from submission of I-129F OR I-130. Although I believe K1 is going faster these days. 

Timeline

The only info for the one I'm going through is for non-immigrant visas, they don't publish anything else.

14 minutes ago, Redro said:

There are no priority dates when it comes to immediate relatives. The priority date is always current. 
If you’re talking about interview dates. No one knows when interview dates will be scheduled for any of the visas. You need to speak to people going through the same consulate to know when an interview could happen after DQ. Some consulates have short DQ To interview of about days while some are longer 1.5+ years.

Which country are you going through? We can give you more precise information. Otherwise you’re looking at 18-24 months from submission of I-129F OR I-130. Although I believe K1 is going faster these days. 

Yaounde, Cameroon. The most recent I've seen was a post back in October saying their experience was a 3 month wait. I'm not sure how much that could have changed.

Edited by illumined
Multi quote fail

22 minutes ago, illumined said:

The only info for the one I'm going through is for non-immigrant visas, they don't publish anything else.

Yaounde, Cameroon. The most recent I've seen was a post back in October saying their experience was a 3 month wait. I'm not sure how much that could have changed.

Where are you in the process? Trying to figure out which visa to apply for?

Applied for K1/ CR1? Had petition approved? submitted DS160/ DS260? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Redro said:

Where are you in the process? Trying to figure out which visa to apply for?

Applied for K1/ CR1? Had petition approved? submitted DS160/ DS260? 

Ah yes of course, I apologize for not including this. CR1, petition approved. Ds/260 with all documents just submitted the other day, waiting on NVC to look at it. Right now I'm trying to get an idea for how much longer. Best guess based on what I've seen earlier was around 3 months but was a while ago now and it might have changed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

it would help u to go to your profile and create a timeline and post the country's flag/then your posts will be seen on that country's portal

read other posts from Cameroon and embassy reviews by hitting the word portal above in the blue bar

information is on that portal to use and help yourself and others going thru the same embassy 

On your case if you just submitted all documents to support the I 864 and ds 260,  untill NVC reviews and u r dq'd , then and only then will u be in the queue for an interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
31 minutes ago, illumined said:

Oh, I thought I had filled out the country info but I guess I didn't. Fixed now. I've got a timeline. I have looked at the portal but the only ones there are from several months ago, I was just seeing if there was alternatives. I guess not, thank you.

Last posted approved spouse visa for Cameroon were in December 15 CR1 and 31 IR1's  from the government site for Visa stats if that can encourage u   immigrant visas are under IV issuances

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.