mangoboba

What happens after NOA2?

13 posts in this topic

Hello all! I received NOA1 1/19/23. I received NOA2 12/9/23. I haven’t received any correspondence since then. What should I expect next, correspondence stating that the case is at the NVC or that it’s at the embassy? Is it normal that I haven’t heard anything for over two months now?

I sent an inquiry to NVC in order to gather info on if my case was already received and if/when it was assigned a case number. I was told: “The NVC is unable to assist you with your inquiry. Please direct your inquiry to the US embassy or consulate processing your petition.”. What should I make of this?

1 minute ago, mangoboba said:

Hello all! I received NOA1 1/19/23. I received NOA2 12/9/23. I haven’t received any correspondence since then. What should I expect next, correspondence stating that the case is at the NVC or that it’s at the embassy? Is it normal that I haven’t heard anything for over two months now?

I sent an inquiry to NVC in order to gather info on if my case was already received and if/when it was assigned a case number. I was told: “The NVC is unable to assist you with your inquiry. Please direct your inquiry to the US embassy or consulate processing your petition.”. What should I make of this?

Well you left out a few factors what service center approved you? Did you receive 797 notice yet? There’s no timeline, every situation is unique. My experience was pretty accurate to the timeline they provided. Did you file a I-130 or just a 129F petition ?

20 minutes ago, mangoboba said:

Hello all! After filing a I-129F petition, I received NOA1 1/19/23. I received NOA2 12/9/23, stating that my petition was approved. I haven’t received any correspondence since then. What should I expect next, correspondence stating that the case is at the NVC or that it’s at the embassy? Is it normal that I haven’t heard anything for over two months now?

I sent an inquiry to NVC in order to gather info on if my case was already received and if/when it was assigned a case number. I was told: “The NVC is unable to assist you with your inquiry. Please direct your inquiry to the US embassy or consulate processing your petition.”. For reference, the US embassy in question will be in Manila, PH. What should I make of this?

*Edited for clarity

Edited by mangoboba

13 minutes ago, Hazelgreeneyes said:

Well you left out a few factors what service center approved you? Did you receive 797 notice yet? There’s no timeline, every situation is unique. My experience was pretty accurate to the timeline they provided. Did you file a I-130 or just a 129F petition ?

I filed an I-129F, not an I-130. The most recent 797 was on 12/9/23 stating that the petition has been approved and will now be transferred from USCIS to NVC. The notice also stated that it should take up to a month to receive next correspondence. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, mangoboba said:

I filed an I-129F, not an I-130. The most recent 797 was on 12/9/23 stating that the petition has been approved and will now be transferred from USCIS to NVC. The notice also stated that it should take up to a month to receive next correspondence. 

Notice steps for K1:

Petitioner

1.  NOA1 - USCIS

2. NOA2 -USCIS

3. Transfer to Embassy/Consulate - NVC

Beneficiary

4. Welcome letter/email (Packet 3)

Takes 1.5 to 3 months from Step 2 to Step 3.  Takes a month or so from Step 3 to Step 4.

4 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Notice steps for K1:

Petitioner

1.  NOA1 - USCIS

2. NOA2 -USCIS

Beneficiary

Takes 1.5 to 3 months from Step 2 to Step 3.  Takes a month or so from Step 3 to Step 4.

Thank you! Currently it’s been over two months since NOA2 , so could be up to another month now. Thank you for the info!

On 2/14/2024 at 11:43 PM, Play said:

email NVC for your case number, do a public inquiry, usually can be done after two weeks of being approved

On 2/14/2024 at 11:43 PM, Play said:

email NVC for your case number, do a public inquiry, usually can be done after two weeks of being approved

Can I file the 160, and pay fees with case #? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 9:21 AM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Notice steps for K1:

Petitioner

1.  NOA1 - USCIS

2. NOA2 -USCIS

Beneficiary

Thank you for the timeline so helpful!

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did a public inquiry and requested for my case number, which they sent to me via email. What do I do with the case number? When I look up status on the CEAC website, it states "at NVC." The e-mail I receive states "Due to your petition type, you will not receive a request for fee payment or document submission."

What are my next steps? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now that you have your case number, you can complete the DS-160: Nonimmigrant Visa - Instructions Page (state.gov)

Also, create an account for scheduling the interview: portal.ustraveldocs.com/?language=English&country=Philippines

Monitor your case status.  It will change to "In Transit" and then "Ready" once it is delivered to Manila.  As soon as it is "Ready," you can start looking for an interview appointment.  As soon as you get an interview appointment, schedule the medical exam, approximately a week prior to the interview.

Once your petition is delivered to Manila, you have to do everything.  Do not expect anything from the embassy except probably an email saying they received your petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.