Jake77

MY To-Do List Before Flight

6 posts in this topic

To mods:

Decided to post a separate thread because I need answers now, sorry.

Merge with "Korean Visa Needed" if separate post's still not allowed.

Quick questions regarding my flight this Sabado.

Are these the only things I have to do before my flight? Or is there SOMETHING MISSING IN THE LIST? LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS.

- eTravel.
- Tieza (tax / pay in the airport).
- Check in (offline / in the airport).

1. Tieza (Tax) ---> Check In.

- Is this the right order of procedure? Or, do I have to check in first before paying my tax.

- I'm not sure if I've already paid my tax with my flight ticket ... so I'm thinking I should check in first so they can at least let me know if I have already paid my tax (to avoid paying twice).

________

2. Am I required to sign up / use Traze (tracking app)? Or, is this optional?

_______

3. eHDC (Electronic Health Declaration Form) is the same as eTravel?

______

4. Departure Card ... can only be received at the airport before going through immigration? 

Meaning, this can't be filled out online?

Many thanks.

Edited by Jake77

1. If you aren't sure if Travel Tax is paid in your ticket or not, then check-in first.  If it wasn't paid in the ticket, then the check-in agent would just hold your boarding pass and send you to the TIEZA counter to pay and come back to collect your boarding pass. 

2. No one ever used Traze even when it was a rule.  No one at the airport even knows what Traze was.

3.You should probably fill out eTravel but don't be surprised if no one at the airport even looks at it or cares. Make sure you only fill it at https://etravel.gov.ph/ since there are several scam websites masquerading as eTravel.

4. Paper departure cards were thankfully eliminated and replaced by eTravel, which no one even checks.

I assume you have your CFO QR code?

Inchon is a very nice airport and easy transit.  Just follow the crowd off the plane.  At some point the crowd will split with some going to immigrating and the rest going to transfer.  Just follow the transfer crowd. You go through security again, go upstairs and find your next gate.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

39 minutes ago, top_secret said:

1. If you aren't sure if Travel Tax is paid in your ticket or not, then check-in first.  If it wasn't paid in the ticket, then the check-in agent would just hold your boarding pass and send you to the TIEZA counter to pay and come back to collect your boarding pass. 

2. No one ever used Traze even when it was a rule.  No one at the airport even knows what Traze was.

3.You should probably fill out eTravel but don't be surprised if no one at the airport even looks at it or cares. Make sure you only fill it at https://etravel.gov.ph/ since there are several scam websites masquerading as eTravel.

4. Paper departure cards were thankfully eliminated and replaced by eTravel, which no one even checks.

I assume you have your CFO QR code?

Inchon is a very nice airport and easy transit.  Just follow the crowd off the plane.  At some point the crowd will split with some going to immigrating and the rest going to transfer.  Just follow the transfer crowd. You go through security again, go upstairs and find your next gate.

Yes, I have my CFO QR code on my phone and a printed copy of it as well.

Aside from eTravel and Traze, is there something else I gotta do? Or, am I good to go?

When I arrive in the US, do you know what documents I gotta present?

(Passport / visa, medical record, supporting docs for IR2 ... )

i appreciate your help a lot. Thank you for giving me detailed answers.

It sounds like you are good to go.

In the US it's just passport with visa.  Im sure it says “IV Docs in CCD” on your visa which means all the rest of the "paperwork" is already in their system and there is nothing to carry.

Have your US Address written down somewhere for if they want to verify where to send your social security card and green card.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

5 hours ago, top_secret said:

It sounds like you are good to go.

In the US it's just passport with visa.  Im sure it says “IV Docs in CCD” on your visa which means all the rest of the "paperwork" is already in their system and there is nothing to carry.

Have your US Address written down somewhere for if they want to verify where to send your social security card and green card.

First time flying abroad.

At my final destination, when waiting at the baggage carousel, how long would it take for my baggage to show up on average?

And, how long will the bags on the carousel stay for before they take them somewhere else?

I'm worried I might miss my bag.

Any tips in navigating the airports?

18 hours ago, Jake77 said:

First time flying abroad.

At my final destination, when waiting at the baggage carousel, how long would it take for my baggage to show up on average?

And, how long will the bags on the carousel stay for before they take them somewhere else?

I'm worried I might miss my bag.

Any tips in navigating the airports?

I think you said you arrive Korean Air in LAX, is that your final destination?    Korean Air will arrive at Tom Bradley Terminal at LAX.  There you will go through Immigration first.  That will probably take a while depending how many other flights arrive the same time.  AFTER you have already cleared immigration you take the escalator downstairs and there is baggage claim.  Find the carousel for your flight and most likely your bag may be there already given the time it takes to clear immigration.  You will have plenty of time to pick it up.  No worries there.  Then you head out to the exit.  Most likely customs will just wave you through.  If LAX is your final destination you turn left and there is a ramp upstairs and whoever is picking you up should be at the top of the ramp.  If you have a connecting flight, you turn right and there is a counter to re-check your baggage to your final destination.  Any connections at LAX will involve a terminal change.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.