summer4042

Question about k1 visa and employment history

3 posts in this topic

So long story short, I’ve never had a job before and currently do not have one as I have been focusing on my education my whole life. My fiancé is in the UK and I’m in the US. I live with my grandmother and mom, to which my grandmother agreed to be a joint sponsor. My question is is it going to be an issue that I’ve never had a job before? No employer, never filed taxes etc. What do I put down on the I-129-F form for example where it says “employment history/current employer”? I don’t want them to think we can’t provide for him to live here and immediately decline because I put down “NA” or something. Should I put down student? Since my grandmother is going to be the joint sponsor, would she handle all the details about financial information when it comes to that point? This is all so much to process and learn about, and im still learning a lot but it’s very overwhelming and I wanted some advice from here and different opinions. I have more than enough money in savings which is another reason I’ve never had a job, so I do have enough to support over time just not a current income. 

Edited by summer4042

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline

If you filing out the i129f, I don't think they care how much you make. You don't have to start to prove anything until the ds160 after the i129f is approved. And if it looks fishy, to the embassy during the interview.

If you go a lot of money like that, just hire an attorney that can help you gather the evidence of your wealth. But I assume you got over 100k

Edit: I half read and see you got a joint sponsor. Just tell the truth. When you do the affidavit of support, grandma money will be on there as evidence.

Edited by happyscrub

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/31/2024 at 7:41 PM, summer4042 said:

So long story short, I’ve never had a job before and currently do not have one as I have been focusing on my education my whole life. My fiancé is in the UK and I’m in the US. I live with my grandmother and mom, to which my grandmother agreed to be a joint sponsor. My question is is it going to be an issue that I’ve never had a job before? No employer, never filed taxes etc. What do I put down on the I-129-F form for example where it says “employment history/current employer”? I don’t want them to think we can’t provide for him to live here and immediately decline because I put down “NA” or something. Should I put down student? Since my grandmother is going to be the joint sponsor, would she handle all the details about financial information when it comes to that point? This is all so much to process and learn about, and im still learning a lot but it’s very overwhelming and I wanted some advice from here and different opinions. I have more than enough money in savings which is another reason I’ve never had a job, so I do have enough to support over time just not a current income. 

I was a student as well (although beneficiary). I would put down student or NA. As another user said, they won't look at job/income yet. It's not a requirement at uscis stage.
Job history is actually to run background checks on both of you, not to assess your worth.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.