LadyXoxo

Case transferred from Nebraska SC to Potomac SC

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I just learnt today my case is currently at the Potomac Service Center, however, on my initial receipt notice, it listed the Nebraska Service Center. I was never notified by USCIS my case was being transferred. Also, the agent I spoke with was unable to provide a transfer date and also insinuated she didn’t see where it was transferred but again the initial notice said Nebraska SC. I’m considering filing an expedite request citing severe financial loss to a person. Any similar experience or insights? PS. I’m an Aug 2023 filer so still within normal processing times.

1 hour ago, LadyXoxo said:

Hi everyone, I just learnt today my case is currently at the Potomac Service Center, however, on my initial receipt notice, it listed the Nebraska Service Center. I was never notified by USCIS my case was being transferred. Also, the agent I spoke with was unable to provide a transfer date and also insinuated she didn’t see where it was transferred but again the initial notice said Nebraska SC. I’m considering filing an expedite request citing severe financial loss to a person. Any similar experience or insights? PS. I’m an Aug 2023 filer so still within normal processing times.

Transferring cases to even out workloads is normal, and something USCIS does all the time.  

Not sure I understand the connection between transferring and requesting an expedite?  Because that  not grounds for one.

If you have legitimate and documented evidence of the need for an expedite of the petition part of the process, you can submit it of course, anyone is free to do so.

6 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Transferring cases to even out workloads is normal, and something USCIS does all the time.  

Not sure I understand the connection between transferring and requesting an expedite?  Because that  not grounds for one.

If you have legitimate and documented evidence of the need for an expedite of the petition part of the process, you can submit it of course, anyone is free to do so.

Hi, so the reason for requesting an expedite is not due to the transfer. The reason was cited in my original post. The information about the transfer was more background information to my case. What I am needing is any insights or experience with requesting an expedited review based on financial reasons.

Edited by LadyXoxo
Typo*

31 minutes ago, LadyXoxo said:

Hi, so the reason for requesting an expedite is not due to the transfer. The reason was cited in my original post. The information about the transfer was more background information to my case. What I am needing is any insights or experience with requesting an expedited review based on financial reasons.

“Severe financial loss to a person” is pretty vague.  

A similarly vague answer (since you gave no details at all) is that you will need to craft a well-written letter explaining the situation, and include any supporting documentation you have as evidence.

Maybe using a better subject for your thread would clarify what it is about?

Edited by SalishSea

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Saying you , the USC,  is suffering financial loss can bite u in the butt

you have 3 more fees to pay out once the case goes to NVC and an approved visa

fee for I 864

fee for ds 260

and if approved the green card fee

there is also money needed for travel to medical exam and interview,

the exam itself

and the airfare to bring bene to the USA

this process isn't cheap 

8 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Saying you , the USC,  is suffering financial loss can bite u in the butt

you have 3 more fees to pay out once the case goes to NVC and an approved visa

fee for I 864

fee for ds 260

and if approved the green card fee

there is also money needed for travel to medical exam and interview,

the exam itself

and the airfare to bring bene to the USA

this process isn't cheap 

I don’t think USCIS has ever denied anyone due to an assumption they will not be able to pay the fees. I also didn’t provide all the details so I get you don’t have the background to my circumstances but to clarify that one thing, I’m not experiencing financial

loss currently, but could depending on how long the process takes. Also, there is absolutely no lack of an ability to pay the fees and/or sponsor the beneficiary currently. And suffering any financial loss in the future, also doesn’t automatically negate an inability to do the same.

I think I’m most interested to hear of personal experiences of requesting an expedited based on those circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 10:56 AM, LadyXoxo said:

Mine was also transferred without notice from Nebraska to Potomac. You don’t loose anything by submitting an expedite request. They might approve. 

1 hour ago, PerlaN said:

Mine was also transferred without notice from Nebraska to Potomac. You don’t loose anything by submitting an expedite request. They might approve. 

Thank you. I did move forward with submitting the expedite request on 1.30 but to date, a decision has not been made. When I contacted the call center they said they usually try to respond in 7 business days but it’s not unusual to take longer. So I’ll have to wait up until 30 days and then follow up if I still don’t have a response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.