Elon

My wife’s CR1 was denied and sent for administrative processing and been waiting for 1 year and half

154 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Boiler said:

He was blindsided

Certainly seems so …since wife would have had to produce a Certificate of Celibacy in order to marry OP. ..

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/can-foreigners-get-married-rwanda-innocent-muramira#:~:text=He%2Fshe must require the,without publication for justified reasons.

He/she must require the following: Birth certificate of each of the intending spouses; Certificate of celibacy or extract of death certificate of the former spouse or extract of judicial decision of divorce or annulment of the former marriage; An authorization of marriage without publication for justified reasons.Feb 20, 2021

It should be noted that intending couples must present their certificate of celibacy from their home countries showing their status i.e single, widowed, divorced, failure to produce it marriage may not be allowed to proceed.

The above helps one of the innocent couple from entering into marriage with the person who is already elsewhere hence committing bigamy which is a penal offence in several jurisdictions

It is also vital for intending couples to first consult their legal advisors or relevant authorities to know what they are expected of before they find themselves on the wrong side of the Law since in many countries accept different marriages which may be against public order and morality in Rwanda.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Elon said:

Here is the comprehensive document: 

https://faolex.fao.org/docs/pdf/rwa208272.pdf

Well I scanned through it, page 130 onwards seems to be the area and saw nothing out of the normal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 hours ago, Elon said:

When we got married in Rwanda, any previous marriage wherever it happened is invalid

That is a faulty premise ..there is no magic wand by which a Rawanda marriage cures /invalides any previous marriage . ..their Family Law Codes /Acts tackle many country specific practices such as customary or informal -come we stay” cohabitation..but you are misinterpreting 

Filed: Other Timeline
53 minutes ago, Family said:

That is a faulty premise ..there is no magic wand by which a Rawanda marriage cures /invalides any previous marriage . ..their Family Law Codes /Acts tackle many country specific practices such as customary or informal -come we stay” cohabitation..but you are misinterpreting 

At this point, we are going into circles.I have a good case and I promise to share it once everything is settled. They will hit me with misrepresentation but the other won’t stick. I expect the director to deny it and we will go for sure on the appeal. Wait and we will see.

1 minute ago, Elon said:

At this point, we are going into circles.I have a good case and I promise to share it once everything is settled. They will hit me with misrepresentation but the other won’t stick. I expect the director to deny it and we will go for sure on the appeal. Wait and we will see.

If you really can prove that she’s never been married (including in every other country in the world outside Rwanda), then you may be right. It’s just that we’re all struggling to understand how you will show evidence to that effect. 

But do keep us posted, it would be so interesting to see how this plays out. I second the recommendation above for a seriously good attorney. This is not a DIY case. 

Best of luck. 

@appleblossomEt tu Brutus 😂..i would have pegged you for a Hacking fan..though he is neither a favorite of mine , nor my point of reference 😂..his podcast is abundant with callers w same fact pattern. 

If the issue ( saying one is married to increase chances for a non immigrant visa ) is discovered after the alien is already in the US..then USCIS will ask for I-601 ….with Consulate, it’s a NO GO. 

OP, my intention is not to antagonize you.. but for your sake , I hope you change course.

Edited by Family

1 hour ago, Family said:

@appleblossomEt tu Brutus 😂..i would have pegged you for a Hacking fan..though he is neither a favorite of mine , nor my point of reference 😂..his podcast is abundant with callers w same fact pattern. 

If the issue ( saying one is married to increase chances for a non immigrant visa ) is discovered after the alien is already in the US..then USCIS will ask for I-601 ….with Consulate, it’s a NO GO. 

OP, my intention is not to antagonize you.. but for your sake , I hope you change course.

No you are good. I don’t get Angry that easy. I have been working on this case for quite a bit. I am pretty darn good that this charge won’t stick. The misrepresentation yes. If someone want to be bet, I am so down. 

9 hours ago, Family said:

Never seen him. I did spend over a decade working as an immigration officer though (not for the US, for another country) so I do tend to look at things from a very fact/proof based point of view. And i just don’t see how anybody can prove that they’ve never been married anywhere in the world. But hopefully @Elon has a cunning plan up his sleeve and will surprise us all! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Never seen him. I did spend over a decade working as an immigration officer though (not for the US, for another country) so I do tend to look at things from a very fact/proof based point of view. And i just don’t see how anybody can prove that they’ve never been married anywhere in the world. But hopefully @Elon has a cunning plan up his sleeve and will surprise us all! 

As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Yes. Or so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel. 

15 minutes ago, Family said:

Unfortunately, on this trip your brain is playing tricks on you…

image.jpeg

Nahh!!! When I posted this, I saw how many VJ members overthink stuff. One member said case is over, no NOIR you are ######.The other king 👑 member said that what was I trying to achieve filing a writ of mandamus… obviously people here overthink, Every individual case is different.I will come back here to show that the original charge didn’t stick. Thank you too

20 minutes ago, Elon said:

Nahh!!! When I posted this, I saw how many VJ members overthink stuff. One member said case is over, no NOIR you are ######.The other king 👑 member said that what was I trying to achieve filing a writ of mandamus… obviously people here overthink, Every individual case is different.I will come back here to show that the original charge didn’t stick. Thank you too

I give up trying to convince you…

BUT , I encourage you to stay active on forum . Your fact pattern is very common and there are many threads 

Unfortunately the VJ search function is all balls 😂

Also scour through Jim Hacking YouTube podcast ..callers galore . Though he never cites law /statutes ..he is blunt on this issue . But he has 500 episodes and no search function at all…so hopefully someone can provide a link . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.