Rusal

Once your case is DQ'd can it get reset?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

My uncle received a notice from the NVC about 2 weeks ago that they should expect to get an interview notice soon in regards to their case that has been in DQ status since November 2020. However, when he recently logged into the CEAC portal, he is now seeing that one of his sons (my cousin) application is now under incomplete status because they are expecting a police certificate to be uploaded since he is now older than the age of 16. This status change for my cousin happened after my uncle received the email from NVC that I described above. Back in 2020, obtaining a police certificate was not mandatory for him since he was below the age of 16, that's why it wasnt necessary. What is confusing about this is that there was no separate email sent by NVC to inform my uncle that some sort of action needs to be taken for his son. He just happened to log in by chance and that's when he noticed the incomplete status for my cousin. The only email he received two weeks ago was the one I described above, there has been nothing else sent by NVC to suggest that he takes any action at this time other than wait for the interview notice. So the question is

- based on what we are seeing on CEAC with my cousin having an incomplete status under the civil documents section, is my uncle's case now reset and no longer documentarily qualified? We are trying to determine whether we should immediately obtain and upload the police certificate for his son into CEAC portal or not. The hesitation we have is that if we take the action to upload his police certificate, does that trigger another review cycle for NVC, and would that cause a delay in getting the interview notice? Or should we assume that the case is still DQ'd based on the email received two weeks ago and just wait for the interview notice to come? They do have to bring new copies of police certificates to the interview anyway, so we're trying to figure out how best to handle this situation. Do you guys have any thoughts? In case it is helpful, my uncle's priority date is January 9th, 2009 and he is under the F3 category. Thanks.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is not NVC responsibility to tell you when he turned 16 he needed police certificate. When you got your letter for documents it was described then. You need to get the certificate and upload it otherwise the son will not receive a visa to come. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

It is not NVC responsibility to tell you when he turned 16 he needed police certificate. When you got your letter for documents it was described then. You need to get the certificate and upload it otherwise the son will not receive a visa to come. 

You may have misunderstood my point. I'm not looking for NVC to specifically tell me that a police certificate needs to be uploaded. I'm trying to determine whether we should take the email we received from NVC two weeks ago literally, especially when it says "at this point, no action needs to be taken from you". The case has been DQ'd since November 2020. We are wanting to know whether the case is still considered DQ'd despite showing the incomplete status for my cousin. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.