MarryMe987654

Adoption Thru Hague Process

1 post in this topic

Hello! I've been researching this topic because I am looking to formally adopt a 4-year old kid that I cared for since she's still a baby and I'm still supporting to to this day.

Her biological mother is my sister's ex-gf and she don't want anything to do with her because she has numerous kids and tried to abort her at least 4 times while she's still carrying her. Thankfully, she came out normal. My sister ended up taking her and because of her work, she ended up leaving the baby to me. Because of many other personal reasons, the baby ended up in my care until I immigrated to the US in 2019. While overseas, she continued to live in my house in the Philippines while she was being cared for by another sibling and my mother. I support her going to school and any other things that she need to this day.

Recently, her carer is struggling with substance abuse and my other siblings didn't want to care for her and wanted to return her to her other blood relatives and I refuse to do that. My sister is unable to take her because she's not in a good position to provide for the kid. I do love this kid and I wish to have her legally instead so I can bring her in the US.

I've been researching a way to do adoption and came across the Hague process. It looks like I will have to submit a form to USCIS first before doing anything. Anyone have any experience with it or any tips? I'm interested in knowing what you know as I searched the forums and came across little information about it.

Thank you :)

Edited by MarryMe987654

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.