bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Okay. I can deal with reading one day of whiney posts a week.

What day shall it be? I'd like to nominate Mondays... then we can be happy the rest of the week as approvals come in!

Monday sounds good, of course you have to remember China/ Japan etc is a day ahead, so who's monday ?

Edited by Rob & Jin

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Agreed!! The whining is getting old. :bonk:

This wait sucks for everyone and regardless what month we filed in - it is still seems like forever for approval. We will all be approved eventually!!!

Stay positive people!

You are right. People should enjoy their time alone now. They will not have it when they are united with their loved ones!!!! This waiting period can be a good positive thing..... :(

"Enjoy their time alone" ? sorry but we dont see it that way, we would rather treasure are time together not apart, there is nothing really positive about being apart from the person you love.

Exactly!!

Then would it okay to whine just a little bit? Maybe, once a week. Because even though eventually we will all be approved....the wait is still long.

Tanjay has been waiting since May for God's sake. He has every right to be upset with their lousy service. Give him a break! He can complain just as much as those people who cheer on USCIS despite their crappy service to US citizens while they kiss big business' @ss giving their work visas in so much less time than our loved ones and then on top of that kicking sand in our faces while not offering 15-day premium processing to us. I know I don't like crawling into bed each night without my loved one...it sucks actually...as does these weekends with little or no NOA2 approvals. Just remember just because you cheer them on doesn't mean they will be processing yours any faster.

Hmmm.... the original post wasnt for Tanjay. Just saying that in general; griping, bitching, moaning, and groaning does nothing but spread anxiety, frusteration and dispair. I read this forum for advice, optimism, and for better idea as to when my approval will be. Which on the current timelines doesnt seem to be for another 6 weeks at least. I have no choice but to wait and while it is annoying there isnt really anything that can be done about it. The system is horrible!! We all hate the wait!! We can all agree!!

Here's to a speedy approval for everyone!

And, just remember - just because you complain to an online group of strangers doesnt mean they will process yours any faster.

Whilst it is better to be together I don't think it is true to say there is nothing positive about an enforced separation. Admittedly there are times when I positively hate it, when I feel like a huge part of my life is missing, when it all *seems* hopeless. I have learned though, that thinking that way makes me feel ill and overwhelms my ability to be thankful for what I have. It also makes the time go much more slowly because I am constantly thinking negatively and not focussing on the great times to come.

Obviously, life is so much easier for couples who can spend every day together, making plans and enjoying each others company. I wonder, though, from past experience how much we take for granted when we can do that. Life is so much the way we want it that we never stop to think about how much of what we have is ultimately what we want. And then relationships sometimes break down.

This process has, if nothing else, made me realise how much my fiance and I want to be together. The time spent apart has made us both think in a more focussed way about what we want...because there is nothing else to fill those thoughtful moments with. He tells me what I need to hear because he truly feels it and vice versa. Had we been together this past year, perhaps (who knows) we may have taken all those feelings for granted and a part of both of us would have been less certain about the future than we are now.

I think that's the really positive thing this process delivers to us all.

I totally agree - I have struggled with relationships in the past because I have taken my partner for granted, stuck to them like glue and expected everything to fall into place. Going through this process has allowed me to see that I can work at a relationship and indeed any relationship and that by working towards a common goal with someone you love is much more fulfilling that taking things for granted and expecting everything to be perfect at the time. Yes we argue (we are both incredibly stubborn!) but we resolve our differences with a better understanding than in relationships where I have let things slide and just built up resentment.

On another note though, now that I know I can be like this and work towards common goals and work on a relationship with someone I love, I kinda want to put it into practice when we are together in person going through "normal" things: buying our first house, sorting out who does the washing, the ironing, the vacuuming, coming to shared agreements about what is and is not acceptable in the way we live our lives, bringing children into the world, going on day trips together, going to work and coming home - all these normal things that are taken for granted by so so many "normal" couples :)

As for "whose Monday" - I think we should go by PST as it is CSC after all :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

This wait sucks for everyone and regardless what month we filed in - it is still seems like forever for approval. We will all be approved eventually!!!

Stay positive people!

You are right. People should enjoy their time alone now. They will not have it when they are united with their loved ones!!!! This waiting period can be a good positive thing..... :(

"Enjoy their time alone" ? sorry but we dont see it that way, we would rather treasure are time together not apart, there is nothing really positive about being apart from the person you love.

Exactly!!

Then would it okay to whine just a little bit? Maybe, once a week. Because even though eventually we will all be approved....the wait is still long.

Tanjay has been waiting since May for God's sake. He has every right to be upset with their lousy service. Give him a break! He can complain just as much as those people who cheer on USCIS despite their crappy service to US citizens while they kiss big business' @ss giving their work visas in so much less time than our loved ones and then on top of that kicking sand in our faces while not offering 15-day premium processing to us. I know I don't like crawling into bed each night without my loved one...it sucks actually...as does these weekends with little or no NOA2 approvals. Just remember just because you cheer them on doesn't mean they will be processing yours any faster.

Hmmm.... the original post wasnt for Tanjay. Just saying that in general; griping, bitching, moaning, and groaning does nothing but spread anxiety, frusteration and dispair. I read this forum for advice, optimism, and for better idea as to when my approval will be. Which on the current timelines doesnt seem to be for another 6 weeks at least. I have no choice but to wait and while it is annoying there isnt really anything that can be done about it. The system is horrible!! We all hate the wait!! We can all agree!!

And, just remember - just because you complain to an online group of strangers doesnt mean they will process yours any faster.

But those of us who complain do not just complain, we write our congressmen, senators, media outlets, and get others to do the same. Not all Americans sit, wait and do nothing to try to improve the system. Our country is a democracy and we don't have to just live with everything the way it is. I agree with this post by someone in another thread,

"I suggest don't waste time with [insert VJ member name here]. He/She has no power to help. Let these people live under a rock.

Write to more and more media outlets - Lou Dobbs/Oprah etc and Senators. Stand up for yourself and your rights! and Express them to people who have the power to help. Maybe it will help, may it won't. One thing for sure is: If you don't try, its 100% failure. If you try, you have increased your odds of success.

When you are old and ready to kick it, you can atleast tell your grandkids, that you spoke up and tried to do something... rather than sucking your thumb and rolling over.

I have written to 8 senators, and multiple media outlets... and am delighted that I have inspired a few more people to do the same....

I don't care if its 6 months or 1 year... My point is very simple: Why does a H1Visa get his/her spouse in 1 day, and mine takes up to 1 year?"

Have you posted the content of the letter anywhere? I would be very interested to see it - we have just sent a letter to one senator but hadn't thought of going to the press...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I think nicks family have half of their hometown writing letters. Grand Island has a lot of illegal immigrants head their way due to high availability of unskilled labor jobs in farming industry. His family going nuts that nearly every month another place is busted for employing them and at the number of them that get handed assistance and housing and never paid a penny. Yet we sit here patiently (ok impatiently) and pay for the privilage.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Although personally it's not my thing, I think it's only fair that anyone who wants to complain gets to complain. I don't think it has anything to do with feeling it moves the process, it has to do with having an outlet -- it's why we're all so lucky to have this place. It's not only an immense store of relevant information, the contact with other people who are waiting is really significant and the opportunity to express one's feelings of frustration.

I'm sure some people are bothered by the whingeing, but that doesn't mean all other members on VJ are. It's not true that complaints universally spreads anxiety and despair, and I think it's only fair you speak for yourself if you want to say so. I for am not bothered and almost feel my own internal monologue is vented when I read some of the frustrated posts.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Of course it's fair that people should be allowed to voice their opinions on a forum such as this. I personally, was not casting any judgement over those who are finding the process difficult to bear. We ALL find it difficult to a lesser or greater degree. We each have individual circumstances which affect our ability to cope periodically. And yes, the process itself leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. People are not processed in exact order, but it's probably as close to being an exact science as it can be. That is not to say it can't be improved and the only way to make improvements is to make your feelings known to those who have the ability to enforce the necessary changes.

All I was trying to say is that each of us who is going through this process, and all those who have been through it in the past, have something positive to gain from this. I believe that is the ability to see just how important our relationships are to us. I doubt any of us takes our partners for granted or is complacent in any way about a future with them. This time apart is a real test to the strength of any relationship. A test which will serve us all well in the future.

We all feel the negativity at times, but sometimes, someone here posts something that makes me see that there is actually a lot to be positive about. Isn't that the purpose of any forum? Complain as much as you like, but remember that you're not alone and every time an approval occurs take heart that you are one step closer to being with your partner for life. Try to see the positive side of things too.

I don't think it is always about an outlet either - I personally feel ok (kinda) but when you hear of issues regarding other immigration procedures and why we have to take a backseat - well that just doesn't seem fair. If people sit back and accept it then things will never change so it is about having a voice as well :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

sorry to change subject...I just posted this in UK forum but just want to spread the word. As there are alot of people here will be waiting on important docs through mail service.

There is a postal scam at the moment (low tech version of email, call this number, scam.)

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number). DO NOT

call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator) at www.icstis.org.uk

This is similar to a scam at the start of the year in teeside area but this time it is UK wide.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I don't think it is always about an outlet either - I personally feel ok (kinda) but when you hear of issues regarding other immigration procedures and why we have to take a backseat - well that just doesn't seem fair. If people sit back and accept it then things will never change so it is about having a voice as well :)

Yep, I agree with this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Stay positive people!

Exactly!!

But those of us who complain do not just complain, we write our congressmen, senators, media outlets, and get others to do the same. Not all Americans sit, wait and do nothing to try to improve the system. Our country is a democracy and we don't have to just live with everything the way it is. I agree with this post by someone in another thread,

"I suggest don't waste time with [insert VJ member name here]. He/She has no power to help. Let these people live under a rock.

Write to more and more media outlets - Lou Dobbs/Oprah etc and Senators. Stand up for yourself and your rights! and Express them to people who have the power to help. Maybe it will help, may it won't. One thing for sure is: If you don't try, its 100% failure. If you try, you have increased your odds of success.

When you are old and ready to kick it, you can atleast tell your grandkids, that you spoke up and tried to do something... rather than sucking your thumb and rolling over.

I have written to 8 senators, and multiple media outlets... and am delighted that I have inspired a few more people to do the same....

I don't care if its 6 months or 1 year... My point is very simple: Why does a H1Visa get his/her spouse in 1 day, and mine takes up to 1 year?"

Why is it that people are called whiners when all they are doing is venting their frustrations. This forum is for everyone to say what they feel. Just because someone labels someone else a whiner, bitcher of moaner does not make it necessarily true. That is their opinion only (we all know opinions are like xxxx, everyone has one). Everybody vents in their own way. No one on this forum has the right to criticize some one else for expressing their hurt, pain or frustration in the only way they know how. If you notice the timeline of the people venting right now, it is hovering around 5 months.

Instead of calling someone a whiner, why not trying to give them encouragement and moral support. Why not try to empathize with them. Yes, some people get approved faster than others but I have not read anyone putting those people down. I notice everybody congratulates those people who get approved regardless. People approved and people not approve still send out congratulations. This out of control wait is extremely frustrating for everyone but those who have been waiting from March, April and May should be given some understanding and not an unfair label.

If you are tired of reading about the "whiners" maybe you should skip their post.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Stay positive people!

Exactly!!

Why is it that people are called whiners when all they are doing is venting their frustrations. This forum is for everyone to say what they feel. Just because someone labels someone else a whiner, bitcher of moaner does not make it necessarily true. That is their opinion only (we all know opinions are like xxxx, everyone has one). Everybody vents in their own way. No one on this forum has the right to criticize some one else for expressing their hurt, pain or frustration in the only way they know how. If you notice the timeline of the people venting right now, it is hovering around 5 months.

Instead of calling someone a whiner, why not trying to give them encouragement and moral support. Why not try to empathize with them. Yes, some people get approved faster than others but I have not read anyone putting those people down. I notice everybody congratulates those people who get approved regardless. People approved and people not approve still send out congratulations. This out of control wait is extremely frustrating for everyone but those who have been waiting from March, April and May should be given some understanding and not an unfair label.

If you are tired of reading about the "whiners" maybe you should skip their post.

I want to thank all the people who come on here and give their support and understanding. It means alot to us still waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Have you posted the content of the letter anywhere? I would be very interested to see it - we have just sent a letter to one senator but hadn't thought of going to the press...

Jeraly,

There were several posted over the last couple months in the "Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?" thread. I pasted below some recent information from that thread. I just changed the person's letter a little bit to add the CSC info. Thanks for not just laying down and taking it up the @ss from the system and instead trying to make a difference to improve the system and get your loved one with you quicker or at least help others that come after us.

Here is some good info/web sites for those of you considering writing your elected officials:

http://thomas.loc.gov/ (a good starting point for all Legislative issues and links to House and Senate)

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

Information on letter writing and offers tips and advice on how to accomplish your task. It is http://www.fcnl.org/getin/resources/write_congress.htm

CNN’s Lou Dobbs: loudobbstonight@cnn.com

Example Letter Below:

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX,

It is obvious to us that especially since April 2007; things at USCIS appear to have gotten gradually worse instead of better. For example, at the Service Centers: the average time at the Vermont Service Center for our community members to get their K1 VISA NOA 2 has gone from less than 30 days in May 2007 to over 130 days and still climbing now, and at the California Service Center from less than 90 days to over 130 days and still climbing now.

Some of our concerns include:

1. Significant delays in the processing of petitions. We notice that an extremely small number of petitions have been processed/approved since September 1, even in cases where they received I-129F’s well before the influx of applications submitted to beat the fee increase.

2. Information provided by call center employees is often misleading, scripted, incorrect or incomplete and almost always apathetic.

3. We feel it is entirely inappropriate to prioritize WORK VISA applications over Family-Based, Non-Immigrant Petitions and to add insult to injury, allow many types of VISA seekers to pay extra for 15-calendar day premium processing service, but not us.

4. We understand the need for security checks, as we are aware of our national security issues, but we have good reason to believe this is not the source of the most recent delays. Only the truth and some swift action on the part of USCIS can alleviate some of the stress associated with this process. Our lives, along with our loved ones abroad, are on hold and we have no idea when this first part of the immigration process will conclude.

5. The wait for a petition to clear the USCIS Service Center, reach the National Visa Center, then the appropriate Embassy and, finally the attendance of the beneficiary at the scheduled embassy interview can add an additional 4 – 12 months to an already excruciatingly slow process. The USCIS needs to set a reasonable goal of 90 days and/or have expedited processing immediately available for K1/K3 VISA applicants.

6. The strain of this process (both financial and emotional) is taking a serious toll on the health and well-being of many US law abiding citizen’s who are trying to follow the laws to bring their loved ones to the US by legal means. Our frustration level with USCIS' inability or unwillingness to ease/improve this process is reaching a critical point.

7. We, as a collective, have some expectations which include:

a. Accurate, detailed, and empathetic communication with customers suffering separation from their loved ones.

b. Immediately improved processing times with a new goal of 90 days for petitions as we believe the USCIS goal timeframe of 6 months to process a K1/3 VISA at the service centers is insensitive and inadequate for our needs. As with any company, if the new 90-day standard cannot be met with good management and talented professionals, then the organization should increase staff or streamline processes—maybe even outsource the function utilizing the creative talent of a good US company to provide our citizens with better service.

Thank you for your time and effort to assist us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So......ok whats the count for approvals this week ?

July 26th 2006 Took a trip to Texas !!!

Aug ???? 2006 Saw a Pretty Lady (Kristy of course)

Apr 10th 2007 After talking to lawyers and lots of tears returned home

May ??? 2007 Kristy go's in hospital for op

Jun 11th 2007 129F Paperwork sent

Jun 25th 2007 At last got NOA1 !!!

Jun 27th 2007 Touched

Jun 15th 2007 Its my Birthday Yea!!!

Aug 1st 2007 Kristy coming to see me !!!

Aug 11th Kristy went home :(

Oct 26th 2007 We've had our first touch !!!

Oct 31th 2007 Yes we've been touched Yet again !!!

Oct 31st Kristy coming to see Me yea !!!

Nov 1th 2007 Another touch is today the day!!!

Nov 2nd 2007 Another touch Now I'm getting Worried :(

Nov 7th Kristy Had to go home :(

Nov 7th no touches or update's since the 2nd and now A RFE !!! :((

Dec 14th 2007 At last NOA 2 !!! :))

Jan 15th 2008 paperwork landed at NVC

Jan 16th 2008 on itw way to london !!!

Jan 22nd 2008 recieve by the embassy

Jan 28th 2008 Oh my !!! panic packet 3 on my door step

Jan 29th 2008 Back in the post next day delivery !!!

Feb 4th 2008 Medical in london

Feb 25th 2008 interview at embassy Approved !!!

Mar 5th 2008 Flying Home !!!

April 5th 2008 Getting Married !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.