Greenplanet1

RUSSIAN FIANCE CANT TRAVEL POLAND & ISRAEL WAR

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ah-no said:

Well, it's my spouse, and she has her own foreign (Georgian) bank accounts. They have enough money. I'm just not sure if the sponsor letter can help/hurt i.e. if it's obvious we plan to go to Poland

My wife got denied by Germany. Took the consulate one day to make a decison, and 10 days to deliver the passport back.

The reasons were: inusfficient proof of funds and doubts about the applicant leaving the EU.

Greece gave us a visa based on the same financials (more than enough $$$ in a US bank) but Germnay didn't. The woman at the German visa center said the hotel reservations should have been fully paid in advance (are they crazy?). Maybe Greece put us on a black list. Who knows? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, ah-no said:

Well, it's my spouse, and she has her own foreign (Georgian) bank accounts. They have enough money. I'm just not sure if the sponsor letter can help/hurt i.e. if it's obvious we plan to go to Poland

If she's paying for the trip herself, then she doesn't need a sponsor. In our case, I'm going to pay for everything on the trip,because my spouse only has Russian bank accounts. A sponsor is just if the person isn't paying for everything themselves.

Timeline
On 11/13/2023 at 7:34 PM, BenNomad said:

My wife got denied by Germany. Took the consulate one day to make a decison, and 10 days to deliver the passport back.

The reasons were: inusfficient proof of funds and doubts about the applicant leaving the EU.

Greece gave us a visa based on the same financials (more than enough $$$ in a US bank) but Germnay didn't. The woman at the German visa center said the hotel reservations should have been fully paid in advance (are they crazy?). Maybe Greece put us on a black list. Who knows? 

The German visa is extremely hard to get nowadays, especially without long Shengen visas in the past. It's always better to stick to the countries who issue visas regularly for russians like France, Italy and Spain, keeping in mind some special requirements and the season. For example, Greece is definitely not the best choice for winter.

Hungary is an option if you need a visa ASAP (for instance I got only 46 days between my IL and interview date), but the Consulate requires all tickets and hotels fully prepaid, preferably non-refundable.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Olvaranim said:

The German visa is extremely hard to get nowadays, especially without long Shengen visas in the past. It's always better to stick to the countries who issue visas regularly for russians like France, Italy and Spain, keeping in mind some special requirements and the season. For example, Greece is definitely not the best choice for winter.

Hungary is an option if you need a visa ASAP (for instance I got only 46 days between my IL and interview date), but the Consulate requires all tickets and hotels fully prepaid, preferably non-refundable.

We got our Hungarian visa without prepaying any hotels... Only paid for the plane ticket.

Timeline
1 hour ago, barbieland said:

We got our Hungarian visa without prepaying any hotels... Only paid for the plane ticket.

That's great! I'm coming from the usual requirement and experience of dosens citizens who applied for this visa to get to Poland. Better safe than sorry. My visa was issued by France without tickets even, with a detailed plan for that trip.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Olvaranim said:

That's great! I'm coming from the usual requirement and experience of dosens citizens who applied for this visa to get to Poland. Better safe than sorry. My visa was issued by France without tickets even, with a detailed plan for that trip.

Yeah, it was a bit of a gamble with the plane tickets! But the prepaid plane tickets were 100% required for Hungary. However, the directions don't specify about hotel reservations, only that you need to submit them. So I think it might depend on the case/consulate if they want it to be prepaid. I decided that it would be fine without prepaying and it worked out for us luckily.

Is your interview coming up soon? We have ours in December.

Timeline
7 hours ago, barbieland said:

Is your interview coming up soon? We have ours in December.

Same, but had to reschedule it for summer due to unfinished business in Russia.

Good luck with your upcoming interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.