Daishadul

Uscis says I’m not the applicant of the i-824 application?

11 posts in this topic

I tried calling them a month or 2  ago to expedite my case and they said I’m not the applicant. I remember putting my name on the application on part 6a. Now I don’t know how I’m going to be able to expedite my case, it’s been 9 months since I sent this paper to uscis. Every time I try online they tell me to call uscis. It seems like I’m getting no where with them. What to do now?

14 minutes ago, Daishadul said:

I tried calling them a month or 2  ago to expedite my case and they said I’m not the applicant. I remember putting my name on the application on part 6a. Now I don’t know how I’m going to be able to expedite my case, it’s been 9 months since I sent this paper to uscis. Every time I try online they tell me to call uscis. It seems like I’m getting no where with them. What to do now?

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary? What are you trying to expedite and for what reason?

Your timeline says your I-130 was approved nearly a year ago, and your previous post says USCIS said they never received a I-824 so it's not clear what stage you're at or what you're asking about. If you can give people more info then they can try and help. 

Edited by appleblossom

9 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary? What are you trying to expedite and for what reason?

Your timeline says your I-130 was approved nearly a year ago so are you just waiting for an interview? It's not clear what stage you're at, if you can give people more info then they can try and help. 

I didn’t put the country where he’s applying for his visa from on the i-130 so while it’s “approved”, I’m still waiting for uscis to correct the mistake on the i-824 and send it to nvc

part 6a on the i-824 is the applicant signature. 

i’m expediting for financial and medical reasons

Edited by Daishadul

Just now, Daishadul said:

I didn’t put the country where he’s applying for his visa from on the i-130 so while it’s “approved”, I’m still waiting for uscis to correct the mistake on the i-824 and send it to nvc

When did you send the I-824? It takes about a year and your post from February says you had a letter from them saying they didn't have one from you, so I assume you've sent it since then? So still too early I'd say.

Are you the petitioner or beneficiary?

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

When did you send the I-824? It takes about a year and your post from February says you had a letter from them saying they didn't have one from you, so I assume you've sent it since then? So still too early I'd say.

Are you the petitioner or beneficiary?

I’m the petitioner. They received it in JanuaryIMG_0888.thumb.jpeg.ef09a84b2a5b59e5156576f3dfa77089.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Daishadul said:

I’m the petitioner. They received it in JanuaryIMG_0888.thumb.jpeg.ef09a84b2a5b59e5156576f3dfa77089.jpeg

OK, I'm still not understanding your post from 28th February with a letter from them saying they hadn't got a I-824 on file for you then.

But I don't think the I-824 can be expedited, so you just have to wait. As said above, takes about a year so hopefully not too much longer. Good luck.

5 hours ago, Daishadul said:

part 6a on the i-824 is the applicant signature. 

i’m expediting for financial and medical reasons

They won’t expedite that form, since it was your error in the first place that made it necessary.

37 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

They won’t expedite that form, since it was your error in the first place that made it necessary.

Can you give me a reliable source of where you got this information from? Because I can’t find it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, SalishSea said:

They can and do expedite the I-824. I expedited mine and it was approved due to personal reasons. 

OP, from my congressmans liaison and their conversations with the officers they have access to at USCIS, they said that sometimes the computers load the beneficiary/petitioner in the opposite spots, but it is a petitioner form, so tell them you are the petitioner who sent the form and you are politely requesting they open the file and answer your questions to the best of their ability. This is word for word what my congressman got as a response when I had the exact same issue. If one agent gives you a hard time, call back maybe 30 min later and speak with a different agent.

3 minutes ago, Dataunavailable said:

They can and do expedite the I-824. I expedited mine and it was approved due to personal reasons. 

OP, from my congressmans liaison and their conversations with the officers they have access to at USCIS, they said that sometimes the computers load the beneficiary/petitioner in the opposite spots, but it is a petitioner form, so tell them you are the petitioner who sent the form and you are politely requesting they open the file and answer your questions to the best of their ability. This is word for word what my congressman got as a response when I had the exact same issue. If one agent gives you a hard time, call back maybe 30 min later and speak with a different agent.

Thank you!!! I will on Monday

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Daishadul said:

Thank you!!! I will on Monday

I don't believe they were giving you wrong information on purpose, as I understand it used to be a very uncommon form required, but for some reason or another it has become quite a common issue lately. But it is 100% able to be expedited, just send all your proof and hopefuly it is enough, I would suggest having your congressmans office do it for you. 

Don't get frustrated or sound angry, when requesting they open the file. But if all else fails with multiple agents, request a tier 2 and ask that they note your file as you are the petitioner so this problem does not continue going forward. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.