mapi

NVC changed beneficiary name automatically then DQ

4 posts in this topic

As per title. We got DQ'ed today, but the beneficiary wanted to use their married name.

Dutch passport holds both maiden and married name under "surname". Got the new passport before starting the CR1 process.

i130 is filed with married name

DS260 is filed with married name

Then, now after DQ, the beneficiary entry on the NVC website and the notification in email came with the maiden name.

If I go to IV application, it shows maiden name as clickable, then if I open the corresponding DS260 it shows married name.

I am confused why this happened and if this will have any effect on the Green Card. Beneficiary would really like to go by married name.

Did anyone ever experienced this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
39 minutes ago, mapi said:

As per title. We got DQ'ed today, but the beneficiary wanted to use their married name.

Dutch passport holds both maiden and married name under "surname". Got the new passport before starting the CR1 process.

i130 is filed with married name

DS260 is filed with married name

Then, now after DQ, the beneficiary entry on the NVC website and the notification in email came with the maiden name.

If I go to IV application, it shows maiden name as clickable, then if I open the corresponding DS260 it shows married name.

I am confused why this happened and if this will have any effect on the Green Card. Beneficiary would really like to go by married name.

Did anyone ever experienced this?

No effect. The name on the visa will based on the name on the passport.

1 minute ago, Liam2021 said:

No effect. The name on the visa will based on the name on the passport.

Thanks Liam.

Dutch passports show both names (maiden and married). Can I politely point it out to the officer when we get there?

Please see this exmaple passport from the internet. This is how Dutch surnames are depicted on the passport.

Anybody any experience with this? I really want it in married name, since this is where I go by. My career and network are built on it.

image.png.ad4925d3e8f0d5922130bfdc19c16f1f.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.