one...two...tree

Country/Regional VJ Ambassadors

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
So if i get to be Romanian Ambassador does that mean my hubby has to bow to me? :lol:

You don't have him doing that already? :P Some guys are suckers for women in uniform.

No he does it already LOL i just need a reason for it to be more than normal :D

guess i should be wearing a uniform :P

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll try to demonstrate as simply as I can, the idea that I had in mind:

A new member joins VJ - they read through the guides and manage to navigate through the site with no problems. They run into a difficult question regarding their embassy, say in Bucharest. If they could access a listing of VJ Ambassadors and find, say Tara, as the Ambassador for Bucharest, they can quickly go to her with their question and she'll either answer the question or point them to someone else who might be able to.

Some places could have several Ambassadors - the idea is that these members are reliable to seek out because they are active members and have a reputation for being helpful and friendly...that's it. Ambassadors of Good Will, so to speak.

Is it necessary? Of course not. All it would achieve is make VJ more friendly. I just don't see how that would complicate things.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Timeline

A new member joins VJ - they read through the guides and manage to navigate through the site with no problems. They run into a difficult question regarding their embassy, say in Bucharest. If they could access a listing of VJ Ambassadors and find, say Tara, as the Ambassador for Bucharest, they can quickly go to her with their question and she'll either answer the question or point them to someone else who might be able to.

Some places could have several Ambassadors - the idea is that these members are reliable to seek out because they are active members and have a reputation for being helpful and friendly...that's it. Ambassadors of Good Will, so to speak.

Is it necessary? Of course not. All it would achieve is make VJ more friendly. I just don't see how that would complicate things.

Same person could go to the Foreign Embassy forum and start a thread. And get more than just one response.

This reminds me of half hour meetings on who's ordering what for lunch....

Timeline

Same person could go to the Foreign Embassy forum and start a thread. And get more than just one response.

Maybe because you haven't reached that point yet, it's difficult for you to understand that some questions are more complex than trying to decide what to eat for lunch.

When I was petitioning Jinky and Job, we were uncertain about whether or not the US Embassy would ask for some kind of written permission from Job's biological father before permitting him to travel outside of the Philippines. We were getting to a critical point because if in fact we did need his written consent, we would have to act quickly and because of the logistics of it, it would have been tedious and expensive. So I posted in the Manila Embassy Forum and I got a few replies, but most people who posted either hadn't yet gone through the interview or they didn't have a K-2. It took us about a week or so to finally get some reassurance (actual documentation regarding Philippine Law) that we didn't need any written consent.

RJ is actually the person I first went to and then she referred me to John and Marlene as well as Jasman, but neither of them had a K-2. It was PW (Patiently Waiting) who found the legal documentation that we needed to know about. I went to RJ because I knew how helpful she is, but because this pertained to our particular country, she wasn't sure either.

There are some who post here who are friendlier and more helpful as well as more knowledgeable with their particular country than others. All this would do is give members help in knowing when it comes to such questions, who would be the first persons to ask...that's it.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Personally, I appreciate suggestions like this, even if they are eventually unrealized. Don't let the fact that someone will ALWAYS take the contrary position bother you :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
Personally, I appreciate suggestions like this, even if they are eventually unrealized. Don't let the fact that someone will ALWAYS take the contrary position bother you :)

Thanks, Tracy. I appreciate that. :star:

Thanks, Tracy. I appreciate that. :star:

I don't think it will work but suggestions are great - it shows you care about VJ.

Maybe because you haven't reached that point yet, it's difficult for you to understand that some questions are more complex than trying to decide what to eat for lunch.

When I was petitioning Jinky and Job, we were uncertain about whether or not the US Embassy would ask for some kind of written permission from Job's biological father before permitting him to travel outside of the Philippines. We were getting to a critical point because if in fact we did need his written consent, we would have to act quickly and because of the logistics of it, it would have been tedious and expensive. So I posted in the Manila Embassy Forum and I got a few replies, but most people who posted either hadn't yet gone through the interview or they didn't have a K-2. It took us about a week or so to finally get some reassurance (actual documentation regarding Philippine Law) that we didn't need any written consent.

RJ is actually the person I first went to and then she referred me to John and Marlene as well as Jasman, but neither of them had a K-2. It was PW (Patiently Waiting) who found the legal documentation that we needed to know about. I went to RJ because I knew how helpful she is, but because this pertained to our particular country, she wasn't sure either.

There are some who post here who are friendlier and more helpful as well as more knowledgeable with their particular country than others. All this would do is give members help in knowing when it comes to such questions, who would be the first persons to ask...that's it.

Right, but you got through it without people being labeled...as will everyone else.

No one needs a title to be helpful....that's the point I'm getting at.

:thumbs:

This is the kinda thing I suggested last week for "buddies". It was poo poo'd too, so don't feel bad Steve!

As with my idea, I'm sure people will point out the risk of sueing the ambassador.

FWIW: I think it's a great idea

Edited by cheeky^Wolf

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

This is the kinda thing I suggested last week for "buddies". It was poo poo'd too, so don't feel bad Steve!

As with my idea, I'm sure people will point out the risk of sueing the ambassador.

Seriously? Now that's just funny. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

That has a ring to it LOL

:thumbs:

:lol::lol:

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

We offer them free Ferrero Rocher for life? :lol:

Reference for the non UKers: "The Ambassador's receptions are noted in society for their hosts' exquisite taste", together with the comments of "Eccellente" and "Monsieur, with these Rocher, you're really spoiling us"

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin