BenNomad

Getting medical exam results in Moscow

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

For those who've done the exam in Moscow this year, are the results given in a sealed envelope or sent electronically? Can the envelope be sent by courier to a given address in Russia? Just wondering if my wife needs to plan a few days' wait time in Moscow to pick up the results.

2 hours ago, BenNomad said:

For those who've done the exam in Moscow this year, are the results given in a sealed envelope or sent electronically? Can the envelope be sent by courier to a given address in Russia? Just wondering if my wife needs to plan a few days' wait time in Moscow to pick up the results.

I am waiting for the exam there on Nov 10th. Suppose it will be an envelope, as I discussed with them the date of documents to be ready in regard to my interview date in Almaty. So they responded that I could pick up the results four days after the exam (kids IGRA blood test will take time, should be faster for adults only).

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

Are Russian applicants still able to have their medical exam done in Moscow?

BenNomad, where is your wife's interview? I'm trying to get my mom to Almaty, and logistics would be easier, if she could have the medical taken care of in Moscow. I believe the results are good for 6 months...

Timeline
16 minutes ago, October 2022 said:

Are Russian applicants still able to have their medical exam done in Moscow?

BenNomad, where is your wife's interview? I'm trying to get my mom to Almaty, and logistics would be easier, if she could have the medical taken care of in Moscow. I believe the results are good for 6 months...

My wife's interview will be in Warsaw, so doing the exam in Moscow is definitely allowed. Not sure about Almaty, whether it has to be done locally or not. There are other threads where the med exam in Almaty has been discussed. My wife just now read on Telegram that someone did the exam in Moscow and the results were sent electronically after 7 days (in their case, to Warsaw).

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

OK, thank you! This makes sense. I haven't researched Almaty or spoke with them yet. However, I see most people here report going to the IMC in Almaty. This makes me think the Consulate there requires a local exam. 

2 hours ago, October 2022 said:

OK, thank you! This makes sense. I haven't researched Almaty or spoke with them yet. However, I see most people here report going to the IMC in Almaty. This makes me think the Consulate there requires a local exam. 

According to the russian forums, a few persons asked the Consulate in Almaty to undergo the exam in Moscow. Somebody got OK, many other - decline or silence in response. I was lucky, my family and I got the permission to do it in IOM Moscow to optimize the logistic, waited 10 days after the ask.

To be clear for other readers - It is not allowed by default for Almaty and only up to the Consulate to give the permission if asked. The default location is the IMC clinic in Almaty.

Edited by azzz
mistype

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Would someone confirm for sure Moscow is approved for the Warsaw interview?  DId you have to contact someone in Warsaw and get permission specific to you or is this officially posted somewhere? Thank you.

Having fun going through the K-1 process...

6 hours ago, coolKid1984 said:

Would someone confirm for sure Moscow is approved for the Warsaw interview?  DId you have to contact someone in Warsaw and get permission specific to you or is this officially posted somewhere? Thank you.

It is published officially on the Warsaw Consulate's website. The pdf file with the information regarding medical examination having four locations - Poland, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine.

Timeline
17 hours ago, coolKid1984 said:

It's official. Any applicant with a scheduled interview in Poland can ungergo the medical examination in Moscow. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, azzz said:

It is published officially on the Warsaw Consulate's website. The pdf file with the information regarding medical examination having four locations - Poland, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine.

There are two locations in Poland (Warsaw and Krakow), Minsk and Moscow. No locations in Ukraine on that list as the designated embassy for Ukrainians is in Frankfurt, Germany. 

Timeline
On 10/21/2023 at 8:47 AM, BenNomad said:

The K1/K2 applicants receive a sealed envelope in Moscow. The results of CR1/2 (IR1/2) applicants are submitted by the doctor electronically. 

Sometimes the clinic is a bit slow or just forget to send the results (that actually has happened a month ago), so it's wise to keep track of things and ask for a confirmation, once they submit everything. 

1 hour ago, Olvaranim said:

There are two locations in Poland (Warsaw and Krakow), Minsk and Moscow. No locations in Ukraine on that list as the designated embassy for Ukrainians is in Frankfurt, Germany. 

It is not relevant to the origianal ask, but to clarify:

As for Ukraine, and per official document dated on March 2023: https://pl.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/IV-F11-ENG-Medical-exam-info-1.pdf

MEDICAL EXAMINATIONSIN LVIV, UKRAINE Sheptytskyy Hospital 4 Ozarkevycha street Lviv, Ukraine http://spital.org.ua/ (044) 584 36 67 (044) 584 36 68 050 028 62 58 (Viber) Email: iomkievmhd@iom.int 

On 10/21/2023 at 10:15 AM, azzz said:

According to the russian forums, a few persons asked the Consulate in Almaty to undergo the exam in Moscow. Somebody got OK, many other - decline or silence in response. I was lucky, my family and I got the permission to do it in IOM Moscow to optimize the logistic, waited 10 days after the ask.

To be clear for other readers - It is not allowed by default for Almaty and only up to the Consulate to give the permission if asked. The default location is the IMC clinic in Almaty.

Hi, can you please tell me which email address you sent your request to do the medical exam in Almaty? 

1 hour ago, Yulia17 said:

Hi, can you please tell me which email address you sent your request to do the medical exam in Almaty? 

I mailed to the Consulate directly and got no answer. Then opened the case via US Traveldocs portal (US Visa Service center). The ask was escalated to the Consulate and their answer (10 days later) returned to me.

The ask was to allow medical exam in Moscow for the interview in Almaty. The medical exam in Almaty is supposed by default, no need to ask the Consulate about it.

Edited by azzz
add

2 hours ago, azzz said:

I mailed to the Consulate directly and got no answer. Then opened the case via US Traveldocs portal (US Visa Service center). The ask was escalated to the Consulate and their answer (10 days later) returned to me.

The ask was to allow medical exam in Moscow for the interview in Almaty. The medical exam in Almaty is supposed by default, no need to ask the Consulate about it.

Thank you so much for the answer! We just got our interview date for December and my mom scheduled medical in Moscow for November. We will have to see if it might just be easier to do it in Almaty at this point. Do you mind me asking how long ago your medical exam/interview was? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.