9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello.

First at all congratulations to this forum. Very Helpful!!!

Im a little concern about my case.

After my interview with a agent for adjustment of status I was required to fill a waiver. (False social security number and greencard) Do not have criminal record.

We filled out the form along with the extreme hardship letter and sent it to BCIS received on Jul 17 2007.

Does anyone know how long will it take for them to send me a receipt or case number and when will they send me an answer.

Im very worried to be sent back to Mexico and be put apart from my wife.

Anyone with a similar case that can tell me How did it go?

I would appreciate a reply.

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello.

After my interview with a agent for adjustment of status I was required to fill a waiver. (False social security number and greencard) Do not have criminal record.

We filled out the form along with the extreme hardship letter and sent it to BCIS received on Jul 17 2007.

Does anyone know how long will it take for them to send me a receipt or case number and when will they send me an answer.

Thank you

Did you enter legally?

Check www.immigrate2us.net -- there was just a question about in-country waivers and information about receipts, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

In Country waiers are tricky, however waivers at CDJ are mcuh easier.

May be something to consider.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Hello.

Thank you

I entered the US Legally, with a turist Visa.

Can someone explain about CDJ

Timeline

If you entered on a legal tourist visa, you should NOT have to leave the country. Ciudad Juarez has a pilot program for waiver submission and adjudication -- it takes just a few days rather than 10+ months (of waiting in Mexico). But that's for people who could not adjust their status in the US because they entered illegally or because they had visa ineligibilities but were already in Mexico and did not have a legal way to re-enter.

Since you were allowed to file a waiver in country, there is no reason to believe that you will have to leave (unless the waiver is denied). Did you send a strong hardship letter and evidence?

You might find more information here: http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
If you entered on a legal tourist visa, you should NOT have to leave the country. Ciudad Juarez has a pilot program for waiver submission and adjudication -- it takes just a few days rather than 10+ months (of waiting in Mexico). But that's for people who could not adjust their status in the US because they entered illegally or because they had visa ineligibilities but were already in Mexico and did not have a legal way to re-enter.

Since you were allowed to file a waiver in country, there is no reason to believe that you will have to leave (unless the waiver is denied). Did you send a strong hardship letter and evidence?

You might find more information here: http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68

Its an option, perhaps an option to at least review with a good lawyer.

www.visacentral.net

Not sure if it was here, but certainly have been in country cases refused who have been moe succesful in their home consulate, especially one with such a high success rate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Its an option, perhaps an option to at least review with a good lawyer.

www.visacentral.net

Not sure if it was here, but certainly have been in country cases refused who have been moe succesful in their home consulate, especially one with such a high success rate.

Timeline
Hello.

Thank you

We filled a extreme hardship letter, but to tell you the truth, I felt that my lawyer was not very helpful, I had to be on them all the time to send it on time.

I really hope it goes right.

Does anyone know when will I get a reply?

Timeline

Have you research hardship letters and the requirements (I2us.net?) Do you know if you provided enough? If not, best to submit additional evidence ASAP.

Regarding receipts, did you find anything on I2us?

For a reply, I think you're looking at about 12+ months but those who have filed in country on I2us can help you.

You should definitely read attorney Laurel Scott's hardship memo on www.visacentral.net

Edited by kitkat1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.