JojoandTomas

OCTOBER 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

38 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

🚨  Please note:  They are currently NOT answering queries over the phone! 🚨

They are answering through the below emails :

➡️  NVCinquiry@state.gov ⬅️

OR

➡️ NVCResearch@state.gov ⬅️

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to submit an inquiry, change an address , or need to update your info in anyway NVC also has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request as well as other requests:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Also, inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been very helpfully put together by senior VJ Member Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread, please read these first as these are the most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

NVC sends petitions to the embassy every two weeks on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. A FB group has created a shipping chart for 2023 that you can use to track when the next shipment date will be. It seems to line up with all the dates I’ve seen so far so I think it’s accurate and will include it below.

5E9C63F7-F394-46C6-A287-5F6F86AF4280.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello! I have a naive question!

I got the letter that the National Visa Center (NVC) received my approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services (USCIS) on October 24th, 2023.

The NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy in London. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy will contact your fiancé when they are ready to process the petition.

Am I correct now that I am waiting next for a letter from the US Embassy in London with an interview date scheduled and that it may take 7 weeks?

20 hours ago, BusyBusyBee said:

Hello! I have a naive question!

I got the letter that the National Visa Center (NVC) received my approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services (USCIS) on October 24th, 2023.

The NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy in London. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy will contact your fiancé when they are ready to process the petition.

Am I correct now that I am waiting next for a letter from the US Embassy in London with an interview date scheduled and that it may take 7 weeks?

They will forward it when they finish their process, check for your status at the CEAC website and it needs to say ready then you wait for the embassy will send you instructions

Colombia

NOA1: 10/13/22

NOA2: 9/29/23

NVC Case Creation: 10/18/23

Consulate Received: 11/9/23

CEAC 'Ready': 11/9/23

I'm still confused if we need to wait for packet 3 before scheduling an interview. The embassy page here on VJ says it is not necessary and at one time the Embassy had on their instagram that scheduling was available after status was "ready"! But of course when you go to schedule it has the warning about not scheduling until packet 3 is received lol...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, Dbal07 said:

When do we submit our affidavit of support, does that go to the nvc or the embassy? 

You don’t submit I134 for K-1 , but you bring it with you at the interview.

5 hours ago, camtex said:

Colombia

I'm still confused if we need to wait for packet 3 before scheduling an interview. The embassy page here on VJ says it is not necessary and at one time the Embassy had on their instagram that scheduling was available after status was "ready"! But of course when you go to schedule it has the warning about not scheduling until packet 3 is received lol...

wait for packet 3

13 hours ago, Play said:

wait for packet 

On 11/8/2023 at 9:25 PM, nautilus6122 said:

Dont you need to be at the NVC phase to put in a a public inquiry?

18 hours ago, camtex said:

Colombia

how 

How did you realized they created your cas they sent you an email or when they gave you the case number that was your queue?

19 hours ago, camtex said:

Colombia

Call the consulate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.