babo

Someone lost our I693 for K1 I485..

8 posts in this topic

We recently filed I485 for my K1 wife and got a RFE explaining that the I693 she handed over at the port of entry never made it to CIS. I presume it was lost at some point.

Because we already had the I693 on file due to her entry, we only filed I693A with our I485. However they never got the I693, so the RFE requests a new one from an approved Civil Surgeon.

However.. my wife is lucky enough to have another sealed envelope from her overseas examination with (we believe) her I693 + Xray in it.

Does anyone think I should chance sending this to USCIS ? Or would it be best to just pay for another examination and get a new I693?

One thing that makes me question the wisdom of sending in the overseas package is that the envelope is huge - bigger than 11"x17" at least - so I'm not sure how well it would survive mailing and/or be accepted.

Does anyone think I should chance sending this to USCIS ? Or would it be best to just pay for another examination and get a new I693?

If you have a copy of what they lost in a sealed envelope then I'd definitely send them that instead of having to pay hundreds of dollars getting another medical.

Filed: Timeline

How terribly annoying, Babo. If you do a search in this forum I know there was someone here in the same situation. They were able to have USCIS locate their original I-693 in another folder, so were not forced to go to the expense of obtaining a new one. With any luck, that poster will find your thread.

One thing that makes me question the wisdom of sending in the overseas package is that the envelope is huge - bigger than 11"x17" at least - so I'm not sure how well it would survive mailing and/or be accepted.

Unfortunately, this envelope more than likely only contains the x-ray and the x-ray worksheet. But if it seems a little thicker than that, you may have gotten lucky.

Good luck.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As well, if the package does indeed contain a copy of the whole medical report, make a copy of it before you send it, and you don't need to send the actual x-ray - just the x-ray report. You may only have the xray within that envelope, however. If you do have to redo the medical, then perhaps your existing xray can be re-read rather than having to redo the xray part of it. Doesn't hurt to ask.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

kind of on topic here...

i'm currently completing all the forms and gathering the supporting documentation for my AOS, EAD and AP. obviously, they want my vaccination records (i entered on a K1 too), but i handed over the entire package from my medical when i crossed the border so there's no way i can physically include this information since they *should* already have it (i'm crossing my fingers here). how do i indicate this in my application and/or on my cover sheet?

First contact: Oct 14/06

First meeting: Nov 6-13/06

Engaged: Dec 29/06

Moved to US: June 28/07

Married: July 14/07

Filed: Timeline
kind of on topic here...

i'm currently completing all the forms and gathering the supporting documentation for my AOS, EAD and AP. obviously, they want my vaccination records (i entered on a K1 too), but i handed over the entire package from my medical when i crossed the border so there's no way i can physically include this information since they *should* already have it (i'm crossing my fingers here). how do i indicate this in my application and/or on my cover sheet?

When the beneficiary's vaccinations are completed as part of the visa process, they are not required to submit the supplemental vaccination form because all that information is enclosed in the brown envelope. The reason they include that request in the I-485 is because some countries allow K non-immigrant visa holders to defer the vaccinations until after they arrive in the US.

In my own case, I had researched the AOS prior to coming to the US, so I had asked the officer at the POE for a copy of the vaccination worksheet. I included this in my application and listed it as one of the enclosures in the cover sheet.

You will hear varying opinions on what you should and should not do at this point. The decision is up to you. Any of the following options may or may not result in an RFE.

1. You can send in the application without the worksheet and note in the cover sheet that your vaccination information is included in the brown envelope from CIS.
  2. You can try contacting the office that did your medical to request they send you a sealed copy of your worksheet and include this in your application.
  3. If you manage to obtain a copy of the worksheet you can arrange for a Civil Surgeon's office to transcibe it onto an I-693A.
  4. You can try to find a Civil Surgeon who will perform a titre test and fill in the I-693A without a full medical.
  5. You can redo the entire medical.

Best of luck.

Additional cross-reference: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1006907

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.