flower6

CR-1 medical in london

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My UKC husband of 5yrs has his final interview in london on Aug8th and our packet got lost in the mail and never received and so they sent it again and he finally got it today and he is bloody raven! about the medical and the cost. He said its going to cost 500pounds. Is this right? Hes so mad he wouldnt even tell me what else is in the packet and what all the evidence is they want. He said to forget it hes had enough!

See we did the K-3 and flew back in jan 05, he was here on that and we were trying to get the money together to do the AOS but hes not to happy in the US so nothing doing but to go back to the UK so he sold our 2nd car and bought a plane ticket and went back to the UK in nov 06 so we are now finishing paperwork from the UK. Now I know what your going to say, why didnt he use the money to finish the paperwork? I asked him the same question but he couldnt give me an answer. His K-3 is now expired. So hes over there no job no real place to live, hes just on his own like the poor unfortunate. Immigrations is killing our marriage. I told him I'll just move there, but he hasnt a job and cant find 1. Hes 50yrs old see, so hes on unemployment. Can I get leave to remain there as his spouse if hes on unemployment? I know I can get a job there. I was living there for the first 3 yrs of our marriage but on visa wavier going home every mos and coming back and I got offered several jobs by friends but my husband wanted to live in the US so I never attempted to do UK immigrations.

Anyway, our I-130 was approved in march of 05 and then to make along story short I filed for CR-1/IR-1 in dec. 06 and I'm not giving up on my marriage even if he says hes had enough cause I know its not us hes had enough of its just fighting immigrations hes had enough of and trying to get us both in the same place. Immigrations, they bleed you dry if they can.

My UKC husband of 5yrs has his final interview in london on Aug8th and our packet got lost in the mail and never received and so they sent it again and he finally got it today and he is bloody raven! about the medical and the cost. He said its going to cost 500pounds. Is this right? Hes so mad he wouldnt even tell me what else is in the packet and what all the evidence is they want. He said to forget it hes had enough!

See we did the K-3 and flew back in jan 05, he was here on that and we were trying to get the money together to do the AOS but hes not to happy in the US so nothing doing but to go back to the UK so he sold our 2nd car and bought a plane ticket and went back to the UK in nov 06 so we are now finishing paperwork from the UK. Now I know what your going to say, why didnt he use the money to finish the paperwork? I asked him the same question but he couldnt give me an answer. His K-3 is now expired. So hes over there no job no real place to live, hes just on his own like the poor unfortunate. Immigrations is killing our marriage. I told him I'll just move there, but he hasnt a job and cant find 1. Hes 50yrs old see, so hes on unemployment. Can I get leave to remain there as his spouse if hes on unemployment? I know I can get a job there. I was living there for the first 3 yrs of our marriage but on visa wavier going home every mos and coming back and I got offered several jobs by friends but my husband wanted to live in the US so I never attempted to do UK immigrations.

Anyway, our I-130 was approved in march of 05 and then to make along story short I filed for CR-1/IR-1 in dec. 06 and I'm not giving up on my marriage even if he says hes had enough cause I know its not us hes had enough of its just fighting immigrations hes had enough of and trying to get us both in the same place. Immigrations, they bleed you dry if they can.

The medical itself is 200 GBP. I don't think it would cost anyone an extra 300 GBP to get into and stay in London for the medical if they had to stay overnight.

If you have your own money, such as savings and/or assets, you should be able to get FLR for the UK. Or if you have family/friends willing to write letters of support and give copies of their bank statements/income. There aren't the same strict requirements as there are going from UK to US. It also doesn't take as long since they don't process as many and because the process is simpler. By mail, it should only take a few weeks to a month or so.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

If it's not the cost of travel and accomodation, then I wonder if your husband is adding up the cost of the medical and any immunisations he may have to pay for during the medical? That's the only other reason I can think of for him to say it is that expensive. There is a large list of vaccinations that they require but most are only applicable to certain age ranges and the list looks much worse than it actually is.

The only vaccinations I require for my age group (I'm 27) is MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), Tetanus and, that I have had chicken pox at some point during my life (which I have). If you have those given to you at the medical they do add extra cost to the overall price. However, those 2 are available on the NHS for free.

There is also a cost for the visa (I believe) if it is approved, he might also be taking that into consideration.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Timeline
If it's not the cost of travel and accomodation, then I wonder if your husband is adding up the cost of the medical and any immunisations he may have to pay for during the medical? That's the only other reason I can think of for him to say it is that expensive. There is a large list of vaccinations that they require but most are only applicable to certain age ranges and the list looks much worse than it actually is.

The only vaccinations I require for my age group (I'm 27) is MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), Tetanus and, that I have had chicken pox at some point during my life (which I have). If you have those given to you at the medical they do add extra cost to the overall price. However, those 2 are available on the NHS for free.

There is also a cost for the visa (I believe) if it is approved, he might also be taking that into consideration.

What is the cost for the visa? I figured there be a cost for the medical but is there another cost that I have overlooked? I thought I had payed for everything.Its like I said, they'd bleed you dry if they could! See me and my husband only have email to communicate with each other so I wish I could see the bloody thing, I'm sure I could sort it. If I could just talk to him on the phone I could calm him down. Cant he get any vaccinations from his GP so we dont have to pay for them? See we did this phyical when he got his K-3 so thats one reason hes off on a benny cause were just repeating steps here. He didnt need any shots actually the first time. I wish I had the money to fly over there for the interview.

Edited by flower6

What is the cost for the visa? I figured there be a cost for the medical but is there another cost that I have overlooked? I thought I had payed for everything.Its like I said, they'd bleed you dry if they could! See me and my husband only have email to communicate with each other so I wish I could see the bloody thing, I'm sure I could sort it. If I could just talk to him on the phone I could calm him down. Cant he get any vaccinations from his GP so we dont have to pay for them? See we did this phyical when he got his K-3 so thats one reason hes off on a benny cause were just repeating steps here. He didnt need any shots actually the first time. I wish I had the money to fly over there for the interview.

If he didn't need any shots before, I don't see what could have changed now. Unless any of the requirements are new that I wasn't aware were new. He can definitely get shots from his GP - just needs copy of records to prove it.

If you've paid the $380 IV fee bill and the $70 bill for the I-864, then the only cost he'll have to cover now is the medical and the courier (like 12 GBP I think and not paid until the interview day).

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Timeline

If he didn't need any shots before, I don't see what could have changed now. Unless any of the requirements are new that I wasn't aware were new. He can definitely get shots from his GP - just needs copy of records to prove it.

If you've paid the $380 IV fee bill and the $70 bill for the I-864, then the only cost he'll have to cover now is the medical and the courier (like 12 GBP I think and not paid until the interview day).

margot thank you. I thought I had it all paid for. I know he has no idea what hes looking at cause he hasnt help with paperwork at all, he doesnt want to know see! instead of letting me know whats in there so i can sort it he just goes off on a benny. By the way do you or someone thats past this point can tell me whats in this bleeding packet so I can sort this? thank you for your help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If he did not want to stay in the US last time, why would he want to go back?

There are plenty of cheap phone options to ring the UK.

UK immigration can be done in a day.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

boiler tell me about UK immigrations. Hes on unemployment, can I file for leave to remain if hes on unemployment?

I think he knows he made a mistake going back instead of giving it a try here at least for a while. He just didnt really give it a good try. It is a hard country to adjust to. We have friends here in the US that are UKC married to USC's and they say if they hadnt settled in small town like back home they would have never adjusted well. I drop my husband in the middle of the big city. didnt go over well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

boiler tell me about UK immigrations. Hes on unemployment, can I file for leave to remain if hes on unemployment?

I think he knows he made a mistake going back instead of giving it a try here at least for a while. He just didnt really give it a good try. It is a hard country to adjust to. We have friends here in the US that are UKC married to USC's and they say if they hadnt settled in small town like back home they would have never adjusted well. I drop my husband in the middle of the big city. didnt go over well.

UK requirements do not specify specific amounts, but you do need to show that you will not be a public charge.

All on the web site, much more straightforward than the US process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.